Skip to content

Hoarding

What is the largest amount of SOLID GOLD you have ever HOARDED in BG series?

I am about to finish Irenicus and my stash is around 120 000gp, though the hoarded riches in the barrel in the Adventurer's Mart are worth another cca forty thousand.

I would have never had so much left if I hadn't been playing a duo run though.

Comments

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    300k+ now but moded
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    zur312 said:

300k+ now but moded

Did the mod affect the amount of money available in any way?
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited July 2013
    I usually end up with around 350 000 in BG1 (BGT) and around 500 000 - 600 000 in BG2. I don't have any mods that affect how much money is available. I do have mods that raise the cost for the shadow thiefs to 120 000 and the mage lisence to 20 000.
    there are many
    Fredjo said:

zur312 said:

300k+ now but moded

Did the mod affect the amount of money available in any way?
    many guys trying to kill you leave magice armors and weapons

new oponents with magic items leave them too so that is it
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Generally I am more of a potion/wand/scroll hoarder (not to mention amo). I usually end up with mostly unused wands and a whole stack of scrolls by the end of the game.

I will note that at one point early on in BG2, I had 300K at least. I ended up spending it all on equipment that I needed for the group (plus a few monetary driven quests) though before I headed off to Spellhold.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I don't hoard gold anymore... Neera and a wild surge #17 and poof... byebye gold! Was saving up to get her a Robe of the Archmagi from Thalantyr... oh well. :-)
    FredjoSCARY_WIZARD
    LOL imagine a custom group of 6 wild mages, that'd make a pretty hilarious playthrough video :D
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Fredjo said:

LOL imagine a custom group of 6 wild mages, that'd make a pretty hilarious playthrough video :D

The Reload screens alone should make for 25% of the movie. :-D
    MalicronFredjoStormvessel
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Fredjo said:

Make sure that all of them have the last name Harpell.
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    Am I the only one who donates to the churches? I guess you have to when your reputation hovers around 4 the whole game :)
    i would donate to buy stuff cheaper ;P
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    About 200k by Chapter 8. I certainly could get more in Baldur's Gate 2, although I like spending it all in one place, if you get my meaning, heh heh, I am so funny...
    Fredjo
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2013
    Around 10K only for BG:EE final battle.

I tend to spend all the money on ammo, scrolls and potions (wands are not worth buying, there are too many of them on foes' corpses and inside treasure hoards).

I prefer to manage even my bard being decent archer with +4 arrows of piercing, both my mage and cleric being tolerable slingers with +3 bullets right from very beginning, rather then hoarding that gold without any aim.

None of my fights pass without magic - got of the memorized spells, use scrolls then! Why not to use 5th level sroll - Chaos for instance - by a 3-4th spell leveled mage?

Give Dorn a potion of fire (fire grenade), equip Montaron with amulet of fireballs and each volley your party fires will be devastating.
    this is like so weird for me
    i would switch to swords if my oponent is immune to normal arrows to kill him and don't use those magic good arrows and at final battle i would have thousands of arrows lol ;P
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    No matter what I do, in any game - I just cannot seem to hoard. I buy EVERYTHING. I like to get all the unique items and store them in a chest somewhere. Does that count as hoarding?
    Fredjo
    i would call it hamstering

No matter what I do, in any game - I just cannot seem to hoard. I buy EVERYTHING. I like to get all the unique items and store them in a chest somewhere. Does that count as hoarding?

I was talking more about dragon-style hoarding, yours is more like underpants-gnome-style :D
    EntropyXIInano