Skip to content

Post Your Mod Set-Up!

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
So, this thread is where we all circle-jerk post our mod set-ups for our IE vidya gaems.

Uhh basically just pop open your game folder, look at WeiDU.txt, and transcribe the contents. :D ...mine will come later. :S

SO WHAT MODS DO ALL YOU CRAZY FOLKS USE

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Only mine mostly.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited July 2013
    Here are the mods from my last install, BGT:

Ascension (everything)
    ToBEx (almost everything, especially love the stoneskin colour removal and disable silence on charm)
    Fixpack
    1PP (everything except the wings and some avatar changes)
    Oversight (Tougher Sendai)
    BGT and restored textscreen music
    BG mini-quests and encounters
    Lure of the Sirine's Call
    Thalantyr Item Upgrade
    Lost Items
    BG1 NPC Project + music pack
    Indira NPC
    Mur'Neth NPC
    Xan BG1 friendship mod
    Coran BG1 friendship mod
    Ajantis BG1 expansion
    Finch NPC
    Unfinished Business BG1 (pretty much everything)
    Expanded Thief stronghold for BG2
    The Tortured Soul Quest (little known gem of a BG2 mod about a long-dead paladin)
    Every Mod and Dog for BG2 (everything but the troll's promise component)
    The bigg's quest pack (just the underdark mage duel component)
    Adalon's Blood (small mod that lets you get blood from Adalon as a good-aligned player)
    Assassinations for BG2
    Eilistraee's Song for BG2
    BG2 Item Import mod (lets you bring some items from BG1)
    Improved Horns of Valhalla
    Underrepresented Items from IWD2
    Item Upgrade
    Old Mods Pack (items, spells and shops component)
    IWD Item Pack
    Tashia NPC
    Kivan of Shilmista with Deheriana ToB component
    Fade NPC
    Hubelpot NPC
    Ninde NPC
    Tyris Flare NPC
    Pocketplane's Banter Pack
    Spellhold Studios' Extended Banters
    Mazzy friendship mod
    Yoshimo friendship + romance mod (I don't romance him, but it adds some good dialogue about how torn up he is about what follows in Spellhold)
    Edwin romance mod (Don't romance him either, but contains good dialogue and also an altered (imo better) good-ending epilogue for Viconia)
    Korgan's Redemption
    Imoen BG2 friendship mod
    MDX Christmas mod
    Shards of Ice (the price of friendship and some of my best friends are slimes)
    Slandor the minotaur (slightly expands on Lilarcor and what the minotaur is doing in the sewers)
    Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves
    Unfinished Business BG2 (pretty much everything, especially like the kidnapping of Boo and Gorje Hilldark)
    Fading Promises
    Spell Revisions
    Simding0's quest pack (improved oasis and most other things.. I like Nazariel the lich a lot, and the revised hell trials)
    Sword Coast Stratagems (pretty much everything)
    Turnabout for ToB
    The Longer Road (don't always bring Irenicus, but I like the lead-up to this mod a lot)
    Wheels of Prophecy for ToB
    Homeward Bound
    NPC Flirt Pack
    Romantic Encounters
    The Gibberlings Three Anniversary mod (contains some silliness, but is really a great and challenging mod)
    Crossmod banter pack and romance conflicts
    Oversight (monk HLA abilities only)
    Rogue Rebalancing (almost everything, the Chosen of Cyric encounter in particular is brilliant)
    NPC Kit mod
    Sword Coast Stratagems II (pretty much everything)
    BGT tweaks
    BG2 tweaks
    Turambar's Fixes and Tweaks (the component that makes Daystar protect against level drain)
    Simding0's tweak pack (expands the racial enemy list and slightly alters the lore table)
    Item Pack for BG2
    aTweaks (most components except the PnP fiends, SCS+spell revisions already makes fiends much more deadly)
    Refinements (just the mage robe component)
    Aurora's Shoes and Boots (pretty much everything)
    Item Randomiser (no randomzing installed, but the components that let Cespenar upgrade SoA items and that makes Kangaxx trickier to get to)
    Infinity Animations (pretty much everything, imports several IWD animations to make creatures more varied, and enables you to add new ones)
    Level 1 NPCs (for all NPCs I plan to use for any length of time)
    BGT music pack
    Widescreen mod
    Generalized Biffing (with this many mods, leaving this one out results in a bit of stutter)

That's about it. Haha, looking at it now seriously makes me want to replay a full BGT run. 8)

To expand a bit on my mod usage philosophy, I like mods that add immersion and a certain amount of content while still meshing well with the rest of the game. That is, I generally avoid megamod-type installs that tend to conflict with the main game in terms of challenge or immersion (poor writing goes here too). Good examples of larger mods I really enjoy are BG1 NPC Project and SCS I and II - they both overhaul/add a lot of stuff, but all of it works very well with the rest of the game. Smaller mods can also be great, like the Chosen of Cyric encounter in RR - just one encounter late in BG2, but brilliantly written and balanced, very immersive. Or heck, even some components of the Simding0 quest pack that lets you save Sanik in Brynnlaw if you act fast enough, or negotiate for your reward with the portal mage in the Underdark - changes so small as to be inconsequential in the great scheme of things, but still nice touches.

Balance wise, I like a setup where both my character/party becomes very powerful but without every encounter becoming a curbstomp; and where the opponents become extremely capable both in terms of AI and abilities, but without being cheap.

I also guess the G3 anniversary mod conflicts with my philosophy a bit, but having played the BG trilogy for as long as I have, it's impossible not to nostalgically smile at it.

All in all, I've found the variety of mods makes the game richer, deeper, more immersive and more exciting.

Post edited by Shin on
    zur312FredjoTsyrith
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
    lunaralnairFredjo[Deleted User]
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited July 2013
    On my Ipad BG:EE I have Scs, recolored Gui (used to have Archaic gui but it caused a few slowdowns on Ipad's limited resources) I got a few parts of the 1pp mod for bg2, like the spiffy pause button with SoA logo, I also have cosmetic mods like Paint bg mod, and Faces! mod.

In addition I've edited most enemies, (made ogre mages closer to pnp, they have one cone of cold, sleep, charm spells and innate invisibility/regeneration which make them annoyingly dangerous) stores (added restoration spell to some big temples since I have energy draining undead in some areas) and areas myself via dltcep:adding new monsters (shadows, wraiths, mummies and spectres to appropriate dungeons), increasing the lvls of some enemies and giving them high lvl spell casting scripts, giving random treasure here and there, I also deleted the esster egg items (ring of wizardry, ankheg armor, stupifier mace, etc) as they felt so cheap. (Added random treasures instead of them, so in my current game I found a scroll of monster summoning 1 instead of the ring of wizardry, good find for a lvl 1 party, it could've been a tchazar gem or the like) I also lowered the charges of all wands found in the game to 1-6 charges, and made them unsellable so I can't sell them back and recharge them, that feels cheesy too.

All in all my Bg:ee game feels special and edited to suit my own tastes, on an Ipad and no less, I am happy with it ^^
    ShinSCARY_WIZARD
    @lunar Nice homebrewed setup for an Ipad indeed. 8)
    lunar
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Shin said:

Item Randomiser (no randomzing installed, but the components that let Cespenar upgrade SoA items and that makes Kangaxx trickier to get to)

The Kangaxx component is only effective if you also install the main component. It could perhaps be stated more clearly in the readme.
    If you don't want any other items randomised, you can delete all tiers but the "ka" one from the item lists. In randomiser/list: itemlist.2da, weiduitem.2da, bg1item.2da and weidu_bg1item.2da. The "ka" tier is only found in itemlist.2da, so the other 3 files can be wiped entirely.
    Shin
    @Wisp Thanks - iirc I did some sort of jury-rigging akin to that when I was installing it. At least it ended up working out.
    Wisp