Skip to content

Cone of Cold bug

SlandeSlande Member Posts: 23
edited August 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I've noticed something odd with the spell Cone of Cold, as more often than not it will not deal any damage.. Sometimes it will deal damage to 1 enemy, but I haven't been able to make it damage multiple enemies (despite them clearly being in range/radius of the spells, as per the old BG's at least, and as far as I can tell, the spell wording isn't really changed to reflect a potential change in the mechanics).

Intended behavior: Damaging all enemies in a cone coming outwards from the caster in the given direction.

Observed behavior: Sometimes gives damage to 1 enemy, more often than not though it deals damage to 0 enemies

Edit: I've tried with both the wand and the mage spell (memorized)

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Cone shaped area of effect spells are currently bugged in that their area of effect is incredibly small. This includes color spray, cone of cold, dragon disciple breath weapon, and others. This is a known issue and should be fixed with next patch once the lawyer circus ends.

The wand of frost functions differently in BG1 and BG2. In BG2 it casts cone of cold. In BG1 it damages a single target with a ray of frost. The wand is functioning correctly.

There is no spell of cone of cold obtainable in BG1:EE to my knowledge. You must have used the cheats to get it. You cheater!!! Wait a minute. I did that too... Never mind ;)
  • SlandeSlande Member Posts: 23
    I'm pretty sure the scroll can drop as a random high-level treasure (as that is how I originally got it in the classic game), and in BG:EE I obtained it running the pit solo with my conjurer. So no cheating here, sorry :p
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Ahh, The black pits! I always forget about that...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Just happens the same here, and how it hurts, I think Cone of Cold is the spell I tend to use more in BG2, and when I get it in BGEE, it didn't worked well, or, it didn't worked at all!!!
    Also, Baeloth's Prismatic Spay works well, and Color Spray too.
    I think this could be fixed by copying the spells from BG2 and dropping them in tje override folder.