Skip to content

I didn't want that 2$ off!!!

DemonthorDemonthor Member Posts: 7
This was my third time buying bg1. Cd, gog and most recently the bgEE. You think i wanted 2$ off? Hell no! I waited for that countdown to reach zero because I care. Why didn't I have the option to pay 2$ extra? Dont insult my dedication ever again.

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Demonthor : If I could, I would pay 60$ for BGEE :P
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    Hehe, I'd have paid the $2 extra as well.
    But: Once the game gets released on the apple store we can pay full price - hope is not lost ;)
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2012
    I don't mind the discount but it feels a little... unimaginative and the forum badges are a bit pointless, but considering alot of the original work is unavailable and that the game will be released via download.
    I can't really think what else they could do as a preorder reward.

Though this is my 4th time purchasing BG1. :)
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654

I don't mind the discount but it feels a little... unimaginative and the forum badges are a bit pointless, but considering alot of the original work is unavailable and that the game will be released via download.

We were going to hold some of the smaller new items back as a pre-order bonus, but we decided to just let everyone have it instead. It makes the pre-order bonus a little weaker, but in the end more people benefit.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    They could have sent us all personal pre-order Sarevok's that walk, talk and bake cookies.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Go ahead and buy it at the discount, and send me a PM with contact info. I'll take the rest of whatever you think it's worth and then everyone's happy.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    Yeah, the $2 off did nothing for me either. But we're here, we're the fanboys. If we want to see BG2 & 3 then we need the masses to buy it.With the recent steam summer sale, everyone is used to getting stuff for knockdown prices. the 10% off may make a difference.
  • DemonthorDemonthor Member Posts: 7
    I'm sure it will help some ppl make the purchase but my preorder reward is simply enabling great people to do great things. The gaming industry needs this for the future of the world. Feed the hype.
  • RegretZeroRegretZero Member Posts: 8
    You're complaining about getting a discount? I don't even...
  • TravisLaMannaTravisLaManna Member Posts: 2
    Well that discount was incentive enough for a skeptic like myself to pre order.
  • ElitroElitro Member Posts: 18

We were going to hold some of the smaller new items back as a pre-order bonus, but we decided to just let everyone have it instead. It makes the pre-order bonus a little weaker, but in the end more people benefit.

You did the right thing.

I cannot deny the fact that getting extras for pre-ordering is tempting, but if you were to give any ingame bonus i would only agree with some cosmetics (like dyes) and not full functional items which you use to progress.

I pre-ordered because i love this series, and i want to support your project (bring me BG2!). And i'm sure most players who pre-order do it for the love they have for this game and not for items.

Also players who don't pre-order end up paying more, so why give them less? :D

The only thing i would love to have is a box, personally that would be the biggest pre-order bonus for me :).
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2012

Thanks for responding to my post, having a developer that responds to the community honestly is a refreshing change. :)
    I've been on lots of other game forums where's no feedback whatsoever.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I`m actually considering not pre-ordering just to pay the extra $2 :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    What sealed the deal for me was the pre-order bonus of being able to pre-download the game data so that I can start playing immediately on release day. There may be enough people buying it on release day to cause downloading slowdowns, and I plan to be happily playing the game without waiting.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

the dark and scary office we scuttle into every morning

Says the man that gets to sit by the window.

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436

@Demonthor : If I could, I would pay 60$ for BGEE :P

That is the reason why games have minor/cosmetic dlcs nowadays, sure they can be irritating but it's good to allow those who want to invest some more in the game!