Skip to content

skull motif

shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
I'd like a replacement picture available which drops the skull symbol from the main screen and/or shortcuts. . .

Comments

• shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    To be more clear, I've never liked seeing the skull symbol in BG1 and liked the changes to the two faces in two. Though I was kind of pissed that they replaced it with another skull motif when the expansion was released.

Really, I don't care if the replaced icon/section is just a white background with the heraldry of the city of Baldur's gate on it. I would seriously appreciate not having to see the skull symbol everytime I go to play the game.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Why? What is wrong with the holy symbol of Bhaal?
    I have come to realize just how much I really dislike seeing skulls as adornment in media. It's one thing, for me, to see such a thing in a handful of spots in a game. Quite another, to see it as a regular symbol pushed into my face on a set basis.

Warhammer 40k? Never really got into it, and likely never will for as long as skulls are a primary element in their artwork and designs. Not to say it's necessarily a bad game, it's just not for me while that mindset remains in the artwork and such.

I also don't want everyone else to have theirs changed if they don't want it, which is why I'd settle for a simple and potentially crappy pic.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    shout27 said:

I have come to realize just how much I really dislike seeing skulls as adornment in media. It's one thing, for me, to see such a thing in a handful of spots in a game. Quite another, to see it as a regular symbol pushed into my face on a set basis.

You see it a just a few seconds before you are ingame or in another menu.
    Freche said:

shout27 said:

You see it a just a few seconds before you are ingame or in another menu.
    And yet, it is still constant, every single time I open up the game or go to that menu. Hence me asking for an alternate pic, or empty background, or something.

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think you're probably better off posting this in the modding section.
    What modder will go out of their way to take care of something like this? The ones who'd have the easiest time changing this are the guys who changed all of the screens to begin with. I'm just asking them to make an alternate screen available that doesn't show the skull, for those of us who don't like looking at it.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited August 2013
    Well, I was thinking more along the lines that a modder would maybe be able to give you instructions on how to do it yourself. But asking if someone would be willing to do it for you wouldn't hurt (it wouldn't be the first time someone made a request like that).

But I have to say, if it is so unreasonable to expect a modder to do this, why is it reasonable to expect the devs to? I think it's pretty silly that you expect the devs to start tweaking the game to your convenience.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    shout27 said:

To be more clear, I've never liked seeing the skull symbol in BG1 and liked the changes to the two faces in two. Though I was kind of pissed that they replaced it with another skull motif when the expansion was released.

To be fair, that logo was SoA-specific--it's the two elf factions in opposition.

Though I've got nothing to help you for BGEE, the Tweak pack (restore SoA load screen logo) has a component to replace the Bhaal logo with the elves for vBG2.