Skip to content

Demon Knight Was a Hero?

So... I'm sure many of you already know that you can receive the helm of opposite alignment through means of defeating the FIRST demon knight after the tour given by that thief at durlag's tower.

i speculated a theory on why he had the helmet in the first place.

The demon is extremely powerful as he was the boss of durlags tower.
The helm of opposite alignment is a cursed item, meaning it can be only removed using remove curse.
I believe that the demon knight used to be a hero of great power and of lawful good alignment until that cursed helm turned him chaotic evil according the to the alignment chart.

this is just a theory i speculated but it seems pretty accurate to me.
anyone agree or can theorize another reason why?

or did they just give that helm to him for shits and giggles iunno.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xetatanxetatan Member Posts: 41
    maybe he wore it too long rofl
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    xetatan said:

The demon is extremely powerful as he was the boss of durlags tower.
    The helm of opposite alignment is a cursed item, meaning it can be only removed using remove curse.
    I believe that the demon knight used to be a hero of great power and of lawful good alignment until that cursed helm turned him chaotic evil according the to the alignment chart.

this is just a theory i speculated but it seems pretty accurate to me.
    anyone agree or can theorize another reason why?

or did they just give that helm to him for shits and giggles iunno.

Unfortunately, the latter option is probably correct. :-(

BUT your theory makes for much more interesting speculation and storytelling. In fact, it's a shame that the makers apparently threw that item in solely for Ss & Gs (like Shandyr said, why isn't he still wearing it when you meet him again?) and allowed a potentially very interesting subplot to go to waste.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Other option:

He wasn't wearing the helmet but just kept it on him so that when a noble paladin charged into the tower to slay him, he could take him captive and corrupt him in record time.
    By the time you encounter him, he's already put the helmet on one of the adventurers of Dalton's party, who either ran off (abandoning his fellows to save his own skin) or is hiding somewhere in the tower.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    He was told that it was a Helmet of Brilliance. His soul bears the burden of his misjudgement, helmet or no helmet. :(
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    xetatan said:

they just give that helm to him for shits and giggles