Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

12425262830

Comments

  • KolivaKoliva Member Posts: 27
    rdarken said:

    I have a question about her quest...

    After the tomb, I asked her to stay with me, she agreed. Is there something else I'm supposed to do or just wait? I looked around the Copper Coronet, but can't find anyone whose name starts with an "L" to talk to.
    @rdarken

    There's a guy called Lehtinan (he's the owner) but he doesn't seem to have any special dialogue.

  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Yeah, I went to him first. So I guess it's just a waiting game for the next trigger.

  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Awong124 said:

    Koliva said:

    I've got a question:

    Anyone have her portrait after her "twist" reveal. I wonder what she really looks like.


    @wissenschaft Here you go:

    image
    She looks like Jasika Nicole (Astrid from Fringe), who incidentally is also a lesbian.
    lol, wonder if thats on purpose.

  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2013
    rdarken said:

    I have a question about her quest...

    After the tomb, I asked her to stay with me, she agreed. Is there something else I'm supposed to do or just wait? I looked around the Copper Coronet, but can't find anyone whose name starts with an "L" to talk to.
    Just keep playing.
    Her quest stages happen about a week apart and trigger when you're in Athkatla at night.

    JuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Thank you again! I was a little confused by her dialogue since...
    She originally asks you to meet her back at the CC in two hours. So I thought I'd have to talk to whomever she was going to meet.

    JuliusBorisovDarkDoggStarflower2525
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 936
    I'd just like to say, even though I've stopped reading this thread for fear of further spoilers, that once I heard Hexxat's...

    real voice and saw her portrait


    I was completely sold. I am officially in for the long haul with my first import game, Hexxat makes the team. Doesn't hurt that she's kinda OP in... certain... situations and times. ^_~

    jackjackJuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @LordRumfish: I haven't actually started playing yet (waiting for a particular mod) but one thing I know for sure is

    I am going to have so. much. fun. in the Underdark. "Here, Hexxat, let me hold that cloak for you. Oh, you wanted to massacre the mindflayers too? Well, by all means, go crazy. :)

    LordRumfishartificial_sunlightStarflower2525
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    It might have been mentioned already, but I don't dare open the spoiler tags. I have done the first part of Hexxat's quest, Dragomir's Tomb and now I'm thinking of recruiting her to my party. But I also have Minsc in there. Does anyone know if they can work together or not? Or will they try to kill each toher eventually like Minsc and Edwin?

  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Senash said:

    It might have been mentioned already, but I don't dare open the spoiler tags. I have done the first part of Hexxat's quest, Dragomir's Tomb and now I'm thinking of recruiting her to my party. But I also have Minsc in there. Does anyone know if they can work together or not? Or will they try to kill each toher eventually like Minsc and Edwin?

    They'll be fine.
    Tagged just for those who'd rather find out themselves.

    SenashSCARY_WIZARDJuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2013
    Question on special abilities:


    Can anyone tell us precisely what do her two unique special abilities do? (Children of the Night and Blood something)


    Also if someone hasn't noticed:


    Despite the 14 CON, she's regenerating! :)

  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Hm... well, I just learned that I can figure it out myself as well :/
    So, for those interested:

    HEXXAT SPECIAL ABILITIES (all 1/day):

    BLOOD DRAIN:
    "In order to survive, a vampire needs sustenance. This ability will drain the target 1-4 Constitution and knock the target unconscious for 5 rounds
    Saving Throw: Save vs. Death"
    Range is (of course) "touch" it seems. Wondering if she actually needs to cast it now or then... And does anyone know if saving throw saves from both effects?

    CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT:
    "When the vampire uses this ability, 1-4 creatures of the night emerge from the shadows. As the vampire gains levels, the creatures summoned become more powerful.
    Levels 1-10: 1d4 rats
    Levels 11-20: 1d4 wolves
    Levels 21-30: 1d4 shadows"

    DOMINATION:
    (see mage spell)

  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    magpie said:

    As far as I'm concerned we still know almost nothing about who Hexxat actually is, even with the spoiled info. She might not even be the person on the portrait
    I sort of want to know if I was right about this. I won't be able to experience it for myself for a while. I don't want to know what happens exactly, I'd just like a yes or no (maybe hide it in spoiler tags too for those who remember what I said earlier) on my precognitive abilities :D

  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited November 2013
    For those of you who have completed Hexxat's first and second quests:
    I think she looks like Michonne from The Walking Dead
    photo e11e0c36-5678-4c82-a73a-0204c3588a82.jpg


    I'm thinking her mysterious employer/master ("L") is the same being who created this spell:
    photo Larlochsminordrain.gif

    EudaemoniumPibaroStarflower2525
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,251
    edited November 2013
    Jalily said:

    Senash said:

    It might have been mentioned already, but I don't dare open the spoiler tags. I have done the first part of Hexxat's quest, Dragomir's Tomb and now I'm thinking of recruiting her to my party. But I also have Minsc in there. Does anyone know if they can work together or not? Or will they try to kill each toher eventually like Minsc and Edwin?

    They'll be fine.
    Tagged just for those who'd rather find out themselves.
    Although, going through the dialogues:

    It seems she is supposed to fight Aerie in ToB, which would mean that if Minsc is in the party he would attack Hexxat as well. I don't know if that's scripted right now, but clearly it needs to be; he wouldn't his witch fight a vampire by herself.

    Although to be honest, it seems a little OOC for even the slightly more bold ToB Aerie to start a fight with a party member without giving more of a warning or explanation; if she's seen or knows somehow that Hexxat is still feeding off innocent people she should say so, otherwise there should be an option to talk her down similar to Mazzy. As it's written now, it seems like something Aerie's made to do because of her alignment saying Lawful Good, and not because it's something she would do... the problem is her approach. Aerie would talk to the party leader first.

    Post edited by Coutelier on
    Vargnatt
  • The_MageThe_Mage Member Posts: 19
    I haven't decided yet whether to take her with me or not. I usually don't use Evil-aligned NPCs (apart fom Viconia), but I might just make an exception for her. However, the constant fiddling with her item is something that just irks me. Other than that, she just breathes character.

  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Kogorn said:

    I've found that if you kill an enemy under the effects of blood drain they lose their items when they die...not sure if this is a bug or intended (like if you kill them with cold damage).

    lol. Well seen!

    Another bug to add to the bg2ee early list so..^ ..that can slightly 'irritate' you right in the middle of your new game (when you suddenly notice it lol), yeah.. just a little so *)) ...and of course, as usual, we don't know if that's a real bug or a new intended feature, with that team.. lol. greaty team.. ;*))


    BTW.. for the curious /previews with possible high level abilities; a very nice feature of TOB is that you can very quickly recall all the old NPCs as you wish (except XYZ of course^); i reopened an antic early TOB save i had and..that worked (nice!) ; could enter the little pocket plane.. and there you can revive NPCs to see a little their stats with up to xp=2500000. For Ersatz (Hexxat^), that's very interesting indeed; you can have a look on her stats and real looks, voice^, etc, then (lv15->lv21)..^^ ..and abilities (at those levels, always only 3xwolves atlv15 for Hexxat..i was disappointed too at first(nothing spectacular lol)^^.. but indeed 3xshadows at lv21..that are looking cool anough, have to admit.. k only 1/1(bb) charges btw at lv15 or 21 alike..)
    The backstab skills + ultra high STR (for a basic thief..) could be very interesting though.. and there are a lot of interiors dungeons in bg2ee, so full stats.. i imagine to in the Underdark, must be funny enough.. *)

    On the other hand, as imagined, the little Rassad is truly beginning to really shine at those levels too.. *))
    And yes, the text is talking of a 'redeeming' for Dorn possible too..wonder if that means possible of 'evil fallen blackguard' status lol.. could be funny to see, that too..^ *//

    The most interesting thing about Hexxat seems to be her story, all in all.. would be curious to see her final ending ToB plot now, her most interesting part too apparently.. *//

    booinyoureyes
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Coutelier said:

    Jalily said:

    Senash said:

    It might have been mentioned already, but I don't dare open the spoiler tags. I have done the first part of Hexxat's quest, Dragomir's Tomb and now I'm thinking of recruiting her to my party. But I also have Minsc in there. Does anyone know if they can work together or not? Or will they try to kill each toher eventually like Minsc and Edwin?

    They'll be fine.
    Tagged just for those who'd rather find out themselves.
    Although, going through the dialogues:

    It seems she is supposed to fight Aerie in ToB, which would mean that if Minsc is in the party he would attack Hexxat as well. I don't know if that's scripted right now, but clearly it needs to be; he wouldn't his witch fight a vampire by herself.

    Although to be honest, it seems a little OOC for even the slightly more bold ToB Aerie to start a fight with a party member without giving more of a warning or explanation; if she's seen or knows somehow that Hexxat is still feeding off innocent people she should say so, otherwise there should be an option to talk her down similar to Mazzy. As it's written now, it seems like something Aerie's made to do because of her alignment saying Lawful Good, and not because it's something she would do... the problem is her approach. Aerie would talk to the party leader first.
    Assuming Minsc made Aerie his witch at all. Even not, I agree that Minsc wouldn't let her fight alone. But, then again, neither would Jaheira, Keldorn, Anomen, Mazzy.... Limitation of the game, I suppose.

    booinyoureyes
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,251
    rdarken said:

    Coutelier said:

    Jalily said:

    Senash said:

    It might have been mentioned already, but I don't dare open the spoiler tags. I have done the first part of Hexxat's quest, Dragomir's Tomb and now I'm thinking of recruiting her to my party. But I also have Minsc in there. Does anyone know if they can work together or not? Or will they try to kill each toher eventually like Minsc and Edwin?

    They'll be fine.
    Tagged just for those who'd rather find out themselves.
    Although, going through the dialogues:

    It seems she is supposed to fight Aerie in ToB, which would mean that if Minsc is in the party he would attack Hexxat as well. I don't know if that's scripted right now, but clearly it needs to be; he wouldn't his witch fight a vampire by herself.

    Although to be honest, it seems a little OOC for even the slightly more bold ToB Aerie to start a fight with a party member without giving more of a warning or explanation; if she's seen or knows somehow that Hexxat is still feeding off innocent people she should say so, otherwise there should be an option to talk her down similar to Mazzy. As it's written now, it seems like something Aerie's made to do because of her alignment saying Lawful Good, and not because it's something she would do... the problem is her approach. Aerie would talk to the party leader first.
    Assuming Minsc made Aerie his witch at all. Even not, I agree that Minsc wouldn't let her fight alone. But, then again, neither would Jaheira, Keldorn, Anomen, Mazzy.... Limitation of the game, I suppose.
    Realistically, all of the good and most of the neutral NPC's would obviously side with her, and would likely take sides in other conflicts as well. The evil ones might be content to always just sit back and watch. But obviously you can't have your whole party dissolving all the time in the game. But, Minsc not protecting Aerie would be a glaring oversight, I think; most everyone who's a fan of the game knows that she's his witch.

  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Another very nice thing possible to test with Tob pocket plan ^^ /REMOVE PARTY REACTIONS^^..REP20 or NOT..^^ ;

    I noticed noone answered to my little question /REP detail too a little above.. from the team again, obviously (i guess no evil only party early players will be able to test a REP>18 quickly.. ^^ *// ); they already messed up on that in bg1ee for 2 char (well, not even sure what is suppose to be a bug or not with them now..last patch immediate sudden evil remove/reenter npcs party breaks (even viconia / shar-Teel with patch v1.2 so..but not before^) or 1 year previous well seen behaviours..can change suddenly^^)..
    anyway, very interesting tests possible in that early ToB pocket plane, with the possibility to recall all old NPCS, whatever good/evils, etc.. and see their reactions when added (refuse or not with a REP20, etc?..^) when asked to join or simply wait their gently like good guys/girls..if needed later. ^

    Well..testing REP20 reactions of course;
    all old evil char (viconia, korgan, xxxx.. even good old Edwin..^) have absolutely no problems to accept your invitation, seeing the crazy place you just summoned (trapped^) them in lol..especially the fact they obviously CAN'T exit it too anyway by themselves (yes, it seems they are smart..even Korgan..for that *) ).. better, you of course can let them wait and reenter your party, they will reaccept.. ok, seems logical seeing the circunstances, k.. */

    NOW, comes the new BD team, with the 2 new evil dudes; Dorn and Hexxat girlie!^..
    You would expect they react a little the same, not totally braindeads and seeing the weird environment with no escape they are in, right? Well..thinik twice..apparently, nope.. problems are coming here.. *//
    Dorn, the good old ***, of course accept first to enter..accept to stay gently (k...if you are polite^^..will reappear in his corner..ok!^)..but once removed, he will never accept to join you again, (REP>20 test remember) ; the m*r**ic (evil..ah, ok..) ) dude apparently think that's a place similar to the Friendly Inn; he can stay, but refuses to join again to be able to go out, np.. especially when he is seeing there is NO escape for him around.. alright, all logical... writing perfect.. */
    NOW.. comes girlie Hexxat, here, that's the real show.. *D
    She is accepting to join you a first once summoned (cool^).. but once removed.._there_ things becomes really funny with her!... she just, like Dorn, refuses to rejoin, but better yet, even to stay and wait in the place (there is not even the option in the dialogue to simply ask her to wait, btw..at least, same with Dorn, but he 'understands' he has to stay and disappear/reappear later there..^) .. but she..she just..disappears like visibly she obviously would in a standard game so^ ..she just will no more be present in the room..^ (even with an evil REP btw^^).. ! pooof ! No more Hexxat girlie for the whole rest of the Tob Game once removed as simply asked to wait so.. cool too... *///

    So, once again, we don't know if that's a bug or a new 'feature' with the team and great writers (all 'progressively' logical we have to guess.. ) even for the basic game mechanisms like that so, i guess.. *)) ^^).. but well..we will see.. just, even you, EVIL dudes, be careful when you remove her from your party then (to be tested even in normal SOA imo..before too late too^^) .. seems to be a one go deal even in a closed pocket plane with that one..or yet 2 new other bugs*// (she must have interplanes travel abilities too imo..yes, must be that too.. *;) )..

    So, to just ask (to that team) if she could enter (and stay) with a party with REP20.. i guess that was too much too... *))

    Anyway, if that's just a bug.. i guess that will be very easy to fix it in a next patch (always the next patches..^)..if that is a new feature, well....supaa too ^^ /

    PS;
    btw, they on the other hand removed the corrected (and correct^) +5 master prof. (adopted in bg1ee though^), cernd always not fixed in greater werew.. so if that's a new feature for them, really hard to know if they intended that that way or not with 'their' 2 new evil chars..and why they decide to let 'as is' one thing (game mechanisms) and/or not another one then, etc, etc.. who knows.. */

    good days)

  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Coutelier said:

    rdarken said:

    Coutelier said:

    Jalily said:

    Senash said:

    It might have been mentioned already, but I don't dare open the spoiler tags. I have done the first part of Hexxat's quest, Dragomir's Tomb and now I'm thinking of recruiting her to my party. But I also have Minsc in there. Does anyone know if they can work together or not? Or will they try to kill each toher eventually like Minsc and Edwin?

    They'll be fine.
    Tagged just for those who'd rather find out themselves.
    Although, going through the dialogues:

    It seems she is supposed to fight Aerie in ToB, which would mean that if Minsc is in the party he would attack Hexxat as well. I don't know if that's scripted right now, but clearly it needs to be; he wouldn't his witch fight a vampire by herself.

    Although to be honest, it seems a little OOC for even the slightly more bold ToB Aerie to start a fight with a party member without giving more of a warning or explanation; if she's seen or knows somehow that Hexxat is still feeding off innocent people she should say so, otherwise there should be an option to talk her down similar to Mazzy. As it's written now, it seems like something Aerie's made to do because of her alignment saying Lawful Good, and not because it's something she would do... the problem is her approach. Aerie would talk to the party leader first.
    Assuming Minsc made Aerie his witch at all. Even not, I agree that Minsc wouldn't let her fight alone. But, then again, neither would Jaheira, Keldorn, Anomen, Mazzy.... Limitation of the game, I suppose.
    Realistically, all of the good and most of the neutral NPC's would obviously side with her, and would likely take sides in other conflicts as well. The evil ones might be content to always just sit back and watch. But obviously you can't have your whole party dissolving all the time in the game. But, Minsc not protecting Aerie would be a glaring oversight, I think; most everyone who's a fan of the game knows that she's his witch.
    Very nice observation..indeed, would be logical that way. totally!
    ..but that would mean they would have to modify a little carefully the dialogues scripts, even add a few new dialogues lines.. wwooow..maybe a little too much asking to them, then.. they will reply, at choice: 1. that's not possible (limitation of the old game!) 2. they have not the rights to modify /add old chars dialogues, lol... but they can, of course, feel totally free to add (even modify old char for that if they could!) totally new totally cool progressive chars behaviours lol.. the old game logics/mechanisms, bah.... who cares after all... ;*III

  • NicholsNichols Member Posts: 16
    Question:
    Do I get the original Hexxat's gear back?

  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Nichols said:

    Question:

    Do I get the original Hexxat's gear back?
    It should be on the ground where she died.

  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Mortianna said:

    For those of you who have completed Hexxat's first and second quests:

    I think she looks like Michonne from The Walking Dead
    photo e11e0c36-5678-4c82-a73a-0204c3588a82.jpg
    I mentioned it before but:

    I think she looks like Astrid from Fringe.

    image

  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    edited November 2013
    Coutelier said:

    rdarken said:

    Coutelier said:

    Jalily said:

    Senash said:

    It might have been mentioned already, but I don't dare open the spoiler tags. I have done the first part of Hexxat's quest, Dragomir's Tomb and now I'm thinking of recruiting her to my party. But I also have Minsc in there. Does anyone know if they can work together or not? Or will they try to kill each toher eventually like Minsc and Edwin?

    They'll be fine.
    Tagged just for those who'd rather find out themselves.
    Although, going through the dialogues:

    It seems she is supposed to fight Aerie in ToB, which would mean that if Minsc is in the party he would attack Hexxat as well. I don't know if that's scripted right now, but clearly it needs to be; he wouldn't his witch fight a vampire by herself.

    Although to be honest, it seems a little OOC for even the slightly more bold ToB Aerie to start a fight with a party member without giving more of a warning or explanation; if she's seen or knows somehow that Hexxat is still feeding off innocent people she should say so, otherwise there should be an option to talk her down similar to Mazzy. As it's written now, it seems like something Aerie's made to do because of her alignment saying Lawful Good, and not because it's something she would do... the problem is her approach. Aerie would talk to the party leader first.
    Assuming Minsc made Aerie his witch at all. Even not, I agree that Minsc wouldn't let her fight alone. But, then again, neither would Jaheira, Keldorn, Anomen, Mazzy.... Limitation of the game, I suppose.
    Realistically, all of the good and most of the neutral NPC's would obviously side with her, and would likely take sides in other conflicts as well. The evil ones might be content to always just sit back and watch. But obviously you can't have your whole party dissolving all the time in the game. But, Minsc not protecting Aerie would be a glaring oversight, I think; most everyone who's a fan of the game knows that she's his witch.
    But Aerie is not always Minsc's new witch. She can become his witch, but I do not believe he always makes her his witch. I believe he can also adopt Nalia as his new witch. If that were to happen, and then Aerie were recruited, it's likely that Aerie wouldn't be.

  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @rdarken: the Nalia witch thing is from a mod.

    rdarkenjackjack
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660

    @rdarken: the Nalia witch thing is from a mod.

    Ah! I was basing it off this
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/npcs/minsc.php

    Misinformation on the Internet?!

  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,251
    edited November 2013
    rdarken said:

    @rdarken: the Nalia witch thing is from a mod.

    Ah! I was basing it off this
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/npcs/minsc.php

    Misinformation on the Internet?!
    That misinformation has been floating around a while. It first popped up in one of the Nalia romance mods, but... yeah, canonically, it's only Aerie he will choose.

    Of course:

    She can also embark on a brief relationship with Haer'Dalis, but then she dumps him, so...


    Post edited by Coutelier on
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Sooo... Anyone else do the quest get her and completely lose any interest in using her as a party member?

    Guess it'll still be up to Jan top provide all the NPC thieving needs for me...

  • TaevikTaevik Member Posts: 38
    Kaltzor said:

    Sooo... Anyone else do the quest get her and completely lose any interest in using her as a party member?

    Guess it'll still be up to Jan top provide all the NPC thieving needs for me...

    She gets a little bit better if you hold onto her for awhile....problem is, she seem out of place (because she's a vampire) and nothing really reacts to her...except for other party members, and that's mostly in a negative way. She has SOME good dialogue with other evil party members, but I....eh...ended up going back to Jan once I had to go to Spellhold.

Sign In or Register to comment.