Skip to content

Found two bugs so far.

AronAron Member Posts: 94
Hello all!

Ive been following the progress of this game for a while now, and played it from time to time. Im pleased to report that i have only found 2 bugs and 1 minor "bug" that id like you guys to fix.

Nr 1: Firebead's identify scroll quest must be fixed. Thethoril will not give the scroll.

Nr 2: Colquetle's Amulet cannot be found in AR4300 in 100% of the times you go there. I found it
the first time i came there, but when i made a new game and came there again, the Amulet was gone.

Nr 3: Under description of the primary stats of classes. This is when you point at stats
during character creation. All classes is written with capital letter except priest (under Wisom).
This should also be written with capital P.

Comments

• hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    The first issue has a hotfix here (unless you're on the iPad): http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19019/temporary-fixes-for-bugs-present-in-v2014
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Aron said:

Nr 3: Under description of the primary stats of classes. This is when you point at stats
    during character creation. All classes is written with capital letter except priest (under Wisom).
    This should also be written with capital P.

Well, priest isn't actually a class. It's a group of classes (Clerics and Druids). I think it works the way it is.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    The Colquetle's Amulet issue has been looked at. We also noticed similar issues with items in Durlag's Tower and even Joseph's greenstone ring in the Nashkel mines. We have solved the issue and hope it is in the next patch - nothing guaranteed though.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    I confirm that the Colquetle Amulet is no longer where it should be. I'm sorry this hasn't been solved with the 1.2 patch, and I hope we won't have to wait more months just for something as silly as that..
    Yes, started a new game. I think I'll spawn it, thanks ;-)
    edited November 2013
    That's weird, because I carefully checked every corpse and all the area using TAB.

P.S.: My game is in Italian, maybe it matters.
    Ok, now I know I looked in the correct place and can confirm the amulet was not there.

But thanks to what you told me, I think I figured out what happened.
    I accessed that area early in the game, with a party of 4. I wanted to avoid any risk being so weak and I went straight south. I didn't even display that part of the map. I came back to get the amulet about 15/20 days later (after having got Minsc and Dynaheir).. et voila.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Blash said:

P.S.: My game is in Italian, maybe it matters.

No. Language does not alter anything than dialogues, descriptions and such. It does not make disappear items :)
    So I suppose I will not be cheating summoning it with the console..

Thanks! ;-)
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    In my opinion, an easy fix would be putting a corpse to act as a container for the amulet, rather than leaving the amulet on the ground. Quest items disappearing over time is very annoying...

Also, a similar problem occurs with the magic scimitar in Cloakwood 2.
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    IMHO this is expected. Someone else may just have passed there and taken the item. ^^