Skip to content

A brief response to anger at and criticism of BGEE and BG2EE

13»

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Gave said:

except the originally painful Durlags Tower that I think will stay broken for many reasons where Overhaul team is not involved.

Broken how? I always thought it stood out with great design and (demon knight and questgiver dwarf aside) good writing.

• ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    I support Overhaul fully but am not really optimistic about anything due to the recent legal troubles - it showed that even though there was an agreement to make BG:EE and BG:2EE, the publisher still managed to screw it up. It's great that things are back on track, but I'm past being optimistic about any oldschool RPG associated with publishers.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    The only reason I complain so much is you all folk seems like you stalling my android patch and I done bought me a Nexsus just for the game- already had a ereader- so yeah you messed me over with a broken promise of a release that is about a 1/2 year too late... also I got a gossip idea from a web page that the problem was a mutual money grub on both of you guys fault... also I am mad that you put some good content in some separate black arm pit game- how dumb - it should be it the regular one- and it seems ur gonna do the same thing again with BG2- why can you not get with the companies and plead and beg ane negotiate someway so you can add quests and areas like that- you failed at that and it means you just did not try hard enough try again- hire some women and bribe/blackmail the company owners later- get the Pope Carter or Rodman involved but you failed - and I got this dumb black pitt that is so coool but lame casue it is not connected -

I hate Blizzard so much for wrecking D3 and also making my Warrior in WOW a lame pooper after BC - you seem to shoot low too and say, "Ahhhh screw it we are not gonna kiss up or hire some photo taking girl to get these corporate guys to let us add new content - lets just add stuff in there and not mention it very clear that it is complete and separate from the game... really lame.......... still though overall it was a nice reup on the game and I will buy the enhanced anyway just because I need to play a cool game offline after the Total Economic Collapse in my Northern Idaho Mountain Survival Prepper Doomsday Complex....
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited September 2013
    Beowulf said:

The only reason I complain so much is you all folk seems like you stalling my android patch and I done bought me a Nexsus just for the game- already had a ereader- so yeah you messed me over with a broken promise of a release that is about a 1/2 year too late... also I got a gossip idea from a web page that the problem was a mutual money grub on both of you guys fault... also I am mad that you put some good content in some separate black arm pit game- how dumb - it should be it the regular one- and it seems ur gonna do the same thing again with BG2- why can you not get with the companies and plead and beg ane negotiate someway so you can add quests and areas like that- you failed at that and it means you just did not try hard enough try again- hire some women and bribe/blackmail the company owners later- get the Pope Carter or Rodman involved but you failed - and I got this dumb black pitt that is so coool but lame casue it is not connected -

I hate Blizzard so much for wrecking D3 and also making my Warrior in WOW a lame pooper after BC - you seem to shoot low too and say, "Ahhhh screw it we are not gonna kiss up or hire some photo taking girl to get these corporate guys to let us add new content - lets just add stuff in there and not mention it very clear that it is complete and separate from the game... really lame.......... still though overall it was a nice reup on the game and I will buy the enhanced anyway just because I need to play a cool game offline after the Total Economic Collapse in my Northern Idaho Mountain Survival Prepper Doomsday Complex....

I'm sorry, but I can't help(in all good humor) imagining this being said in a hillbillie accent.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    Well, I can say he's right in game-crahses (Wraith_Sarevok) , I played very little in PC and in OS X, and it never crashed there (It had a bug that made Yeslick talk all the time, but that was version 2007....), but iPad version, wow, just save after quick saving twice to be sure it don't crashes while saving for the 4th time (OK, I'm exaggerating, it SOMETIMES crashes, the place where more crashes occurred was in Candlekeep's Dungeons (Chapter 6), and in some places in BG (city).

Just some things are wrong, but look at the good things, and they will be surely more.

The game's coding is a lot better than the original's game, and its also more sturdy than BG2, the files are in folders (instead in one named BGll - SoA......) and where, maybe the new the new NPCs are not as good as those from BG2, but, you can remove Dynaheir and Kagain (Ever hated those, especially Dynaheir...) to let a WILD MAGE (something VERY OP) and a Evil Paladin based upon a mod from BG2 (I think so, and I'm suspicious about it...) who is a Half-Orc with 19 STR and his class, is better than getting a +4 Bastard Sword in chapter 7 (In BG1, Bastard Sword proficiency its only useful to kill the Loup Garoug or the Greater Werewolve, while in BG2, there's a very OP BS named Foebane, aka Larloch's Minor Drain ten thousand times a day), he has an ability that deals out 2 points of damage per lvl of the caster and HEALS THE SAME AMOUNT, leaving Vampiric Touch only useful for other classes, and if there are no creatures nearby, and you want the heal, just drop an item and point the spell to it, about Rasaad, I only took him to accomplish his quest, but in the iPad version, the area IS NOT LINKED, so it can't be accessed. About the new NPCs storyline, Dorn's is the best, Neera's the second and Rasaad's (like many people said before) is TOO THE WAY OUT like Star Wars. I'm VERY big SW geek, and I related them when some "Dark Moon Initiates" appeared ("Padawan"(Anakin is Obi-Wan's Padawan during the movie "The Attack of the Clones"), in some-a-way means "Initiate in the Force" and the word "Dark">>> "Darth", a Sith title, created by Darth Bane), but I know what making a good game means, and I respect the work the devs did for BG:EE. Just I'd would expect some new spells for BG2, like "Temporal Freedom" (Grants temporal inmunity to Time Stop) or a lvl4 spell that gets in the memorizing slots Stoneskin and Greater Malison don't occupy (and Improved Invisibility if is a Thief/Mage) and grants bonuses or deals out nice damage (300d1500 pls pls pls :P) or a POWER WORD HOLD MAYBE HUH????

Wow, I just relized this looks like.... nerd rage?? I'll call it ROLEPLAYER'S RAGE!!!! AAARAHGGG!!!!!
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    CrevsDaak said:

Also, my iPhone broke and I do not have many XP in the non-mobile forum, so I wanna know how to tag somebody's comment as "Spam" or "Abuse", I cannot find the "Flag" option too.

Spam and Abuse reactions have been disabled because some people were abusing it.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Jalily said:

CrevsDaak said:

Also, my iPhone broke and I do not have many XP in the non-mobile forum, so I wanna know how to tag somebody's comment as "Spam" or "Abuse", I cannot find the "Flag" option too.

Spam and Abuse reactions have been disabled because some people were abusing it.
    Oh :P, the second internet page/forum (I know and participated in) that remove abuse/spam makers given by other users because of abuse. :P
    zarffyn said:

Jalily said:

...I can't stop laughing at this. :) Ah, the internet.

Agree, yeah, frightening, they have to remove a "Abuse" markers because it was abused, so..... Ironic (To end... like this??? just leave a "Report" option).
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    Playing BGEE at the moment, long-time player of BG2 but never played BG1. Honestly, I think it's great. There's a couple of bugs, but nothing that ruins the game for me in the slightest (and I'm usually pretty picky).
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Just stopping by to ask if some of the contents in Unfinished Business will include in BG2EE. If I am not mistaken then UB was content that got cut from the game due time/money/something.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

Just stopping by to ask if some of the contents in Unfinished Business will include in BG2EE. If I am not mistaken then UB was content that got cut from the game due time/money/something.

Semantics perhaps but I think UB would be considered new content that was based on clues left-over from content that was cut.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I also think UB is one of those issues where is not a single clear author, and thus Overhaul wouldn;t be able to get approval from them to integrate it anyway.

Hopefully the mod will be compatible day-1 anyway.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    You know what I think is wrong with the people who are already hating BG2:EE before it's even out?

They are, quite simply, too thick to know what they want, but they've decided that they want 'it' and they want it yesterday. :D