Skip to content

Games you'd like to see an enhanced edition of

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited September 2013 in Off-Topic
Similar to this thread here I'm just curious what games people would like to see enhanced.

For me my top 3 games would be.

1) Homeworld: Cataclysm (I played this game for probably 400 hours as a kid)
2) Age of Empires 1
3) Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

*Runner up: Command and Conquer (the original)

Edit: Apparently Gearbox Software is coming out with HD version of Homeworld and Homeworld 2 which is wicked cool.

Comments

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618

Alundra ( and ported to PC ) [ Alundra ]
    Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven [ Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven ]

There's probably a few others, but those are my Top 2

• Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    all the good ones are taken (IWD, PS:T, Arcanum) hmm...

IWD 2
    ToEE
    Fallout Series
    Lords of Magic: Special Edition
    Gladius (port to PC)
    Valkyrie Profile Series (likewise)
    Final Fantasy Series (likewise)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @night_watch Final Fantasy is coming out on Android... I never played as a kid so may start...

WHAT AM I saying. I'll have no time cause I'm playing BGEE
  • GaveGave Member Posts: 66
    .1] Icewind Dale I-II (engine/visuals/gameplay)
    .2] Might and Magic VII (engine, visuals, bugfixes)
    .3] Morrowind (bugfixes!!! + engine improvements)
    .4] Vampire Bloodlines (bugfixes!!! + content revisions/fixes)
  • viaderviader Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 875
    1.) Might and Magic I/II/III/IV/V - in Legend Of Grimrock engine
    2.) Might and Magic VI, Might and Magic VII
    3.) Planescape: Torment
    4.) Heroes III
    6.) Gothic I/II
    6.) Lion King - refresh artwork with greater resolution :)
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @viader: There is a Lion King game? :o
    Other than that, I'd like to see an enhanced edition of Command&Conquer: Tiberian Sun. I just can't get the original to work properly on 64-bit Windows 7.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Ya know, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive was a good game... And an enhanced edition for it might work...

There is a Lion King game? :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_King_(video_game)
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    Morrowind with an updated engine and bugfixes would be awesome.

Final fantasy 7 a proper remake too.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    A Final Fantasy 6 or 7 remake (staying true to the system, only enhancing the graphics) would be very awesome.

A graphicly upgraded Arcanum with its bugs and balance issues sorted out (killing the final boss with a level 1 spell, out) would be my dreeeeam!

Despite much clamoring for it, I don't feel like IWD and PS:T need a lot of Enhancing.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Xenogears, Parasite Eve and lots of other PS games.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited September 2013
    Pool of radiance. I dropped $50 on that game and it crashed and bugged so much I never got more than 15 minutes past the char creation!

That said, I've always wanted a NES Zelda remake done up in SNES link to the past fashion. Would probably never happen, but would be awesome.

I have AoE2 HD already so I'm set there.

I wouldn't be bummed if MGS for ps1 got remade. But it would have to be heavily updated.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    edited September 2013
    CoryNewb said:

Pool of radiance. I dropped $50 on that game and it crashed and bugged so much I never got more than 15 minutes past the char creation!.

I played a few hours. Its not worth it.

Torment is fine the way it is. Other than updating the graphics adding any content would be an abomination.

Icewind Dale could benefit from some new areas and quests.

What I would really like is TIE Fighter, or X wing. Old school flight sims ftw.

Post edited by MERLANCE on
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    NWN
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited September 2013
    That is too bad. I lost a bunch of my old PC games at some point in life. That was among the fallen.

I would love an updated castlevania. I really enjoyed the GBA and DS games. But I would like a pre-metroidvania version. I have the ps1 remake of one of them on my ps3. Is it too much to ask for castlevania 64 to get enhanced? :D (runs and hides)
    Post edited by CoryNewb on
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'd like to see overhaul try their hands at an original game after bg2:ee.
    After that, the shortlist has to be all the other Infinity Engine Games, and the Neverwinter nights games
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited September 2013
    First. Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, easily!

Second. Never got to finish Planescape Torment, that please.

Third. Arcanum with ala BG combat or whatever replacement to its lousy combat.

Fourth. KotOR 1 & 2; would have had been my first or second, but I thought an EE of that is highly unlikely.

EDIT: on second thought, Icewind Dale first...so BGEE could also benefit from whatever improvement IWD can offer whether in terms of UI code, sprites, spell effects, etc.
  • aqzinaaqzina Member Posts: 28
    Unfortunetely, What I want for the games to be enhanced is not really realistic, due to the companies that currently keeps the rights locked up somewhere. But a guy can dream, no?

- Heroes 3
    - Dungeon Keeper 2
    - Fallout 2
    - Arcanum
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'd really like to see some old D&D Gold Box games enhanced.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Mass Effect 3, as if I need to explain why I'd want an enhanced edition there.

More seriously, I would like to see the original Fallouts get enhanced edition. Though I did see somebody doing a mod for new vegas to bring over the fallout 1 story, but maybe the enhanced edition could actually keep the mechanics of the original.

I saw somebody mention MGS1 but I am too lazy to look back up, and it would be awesome to have the twin snakes version brought to new systems in hd because that was only on gamecube and much better than the ps1 version.

I wonder about getting an enhanced version of elder scrolls arena and daggerfall? at least daggerfall is in the xl engine project and hopefully the beta begins soon so that I can play it, but the closed beta has yet to start so idk how much longer especially with all the other times it was pushed back
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    hmmmm my top 5 games i would want an enhanced edition:

1: Diablo
    2: Diablo 2
    3: abes odyessy
    4: Baldurs gate dark alliance (get rid of the human arcane archer who cant exist *seethe*)
    5: Red Faction
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    MASTER OF MAGIC
  • CleaveCleave Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2013
    Like @Mrpenfold666 , I'll say Diablo 1, cause it really has been the best Diablo experience for me.

Next pick would be Final Fantasy Tactics, this game is a masterpiece and should be made in HD. SquareEnix doesn't know what its doing with its licences, so many gems abandoned, so many sequels wasted on handhelds consoles... Actually, THIS is my first pick.

And last, because I could go on forever, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. In my opinion the best action rpg platformer ever made. The mood in that game...

3D killed all my hopes for true sequels to my favorite games. So might as well enhance those classics.

edit: In fact, any Squaresoft titles, before it became that.... thing... so sad
  • Dungeon Siege 1 (Without imbalanced LoA please!)
    Dungeon Siege 2
  • Hor89Hor89 Member Posts: 118
    1) Planescape Torment
    2) Icewind Dale 1/2
    3) Baldurs Gate. Dark Alliance 1/2
    4) Kotor 1/2
    5) Neverwinter Nights 1/2
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    A kingdom for an enhanced Masters of Orion 2.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2013
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud

I'm pretty sure I was able to play that successfully using the "First Decade" C&C release. But yea it would be nice to see an EE of that.

Edit: Online reviews for it seem to suggest I might be mistaken on that though.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Anduin said:

@night_watch Final Fantasy is coming out on Android... I never played as a kid so may start...

WHAT AM I saying. I'll have no time cause I'm playing BGEE

I think 1-4 and tactics is on the iPhone but i ain't the iPhone gaming kinda person
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    edited September 2013
    just saying it right now the best final fantasy is 6 ive been playing it for ages (got it for £1 in cash generator because it didnt come with the FFX promo disk that i didnt want :P) and that is one of the FEW games that i can say is flawless. and my flawless games list is like three games...if that...

that would be a good one to get an enhanced edition of but the five i listed are the ones i'd sooner buy as final fantasy 6 is so good that it doesn't need an enhanced edition though it does deserve one
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    I would definitely purchase remastered editions of Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment.