Skip to content

Party of all the same class

2»

Comments

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I've currently got a Coven of Druids going in the minimal reload challenge thread altho it's not actually ALL druids as I added a Beastmaster->cleric for flavor and also a F/T (since there is no druid or ranger - thief MC available)

Millini Madstaff - F Human TN Beserker (dual to druid level 3)
    18/78-18-14-6-17-17, Staff**, Dart*, THWS*

Acer - M Human TN Totemic Druid
    18-18-15-7-17-15 Spear*, Sling*

Belladonna - F Human TN Avenger
    16-18-14-7-18-15 Staff*, Dart*

Baila Bearspeak F Human CG Beastmaster (dual to cleric level 2)
    18/98-18-18-8-18-8 Staff**, Sling*, THWS* TWS**

Ebony M Half-elf TN Shapeshifter
    16-18-14-8-18-15 Club*, Dart*

(Ebonys mate) - Wilena Wolfkin F Elf CN Fighter/thief
    18/99-19-16-10-10-16 Longbow**, Longsword**

They are currently all about level 3 and doing well ( 0 reloads - 1 or 2 deaths so far) - lots of gold since they can't use a lot of the gear we find but then there's also not a lot we can buy that would be useful either.

• XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    I could never play a Druid for long, but having a whole party of them sounds like fun.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    mlnevese said:

I think 6 Wizard Slayers or 6 Monks would be an interesting challenge...

Aye, 6 monks would be quite easy I'd say. For the first levels, you'd spend bounty an' a fortune on darts and daggers. But then, since them laddies don' need any real items, they would just sell all the stuff to hoard gold and treasure and just punch the ol' blaggards overboard.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I did six wizards in one of the Icewind Dales (well, one mage/thief) and that was fun.

I did six clerics for NWN2 Storm of Zehir. Had them specialize like another class. The priest of Helm was an up front fighter, the priest of Bane was the #2 fighter and face, the priest of Shar was the thief... and so on. Was pretty fun to have six members of the same class play completely differently. That wouldn't work for BG though as it lacks the 3rd edition customization.

Six fighters would work for BG though, as they are just the sum of their strength and weapons. Strength would be less an issue in BG2, more belts to go around.

• GaveGave Member Posts: 66
    MERLANCE said:

I did six wizards in one of the Icewind Dales (well, one mage/thief) and that was fun.

I did six clerics for NWN2 Storm of Zehir. Had them specialize like another class. The priest of Helm was an up front fighter, the priest of Bane was the #2 fighter and face, the priest of Shar was the thief... and so on. Was pretty fun to have six members of the same class play completely differently. That wouldn't work for BG though as it lacks the 3rd edition customization.

Six fighters would work for BG though, as they are just the sum of their strength and weapons. Strength would be less an issue in BG2, more belts to go around.

I am running an IWD like that, and ugh it is sometimes tough, pesky skeleton archers. I also made some mistake rolls, and odd spell selection, but now 5 party members have swarms of Magic Missiles.

One tough lesson learned is that you are your worst enemy with so many mages aboard.
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    I played a party of 6 Wild Mages in BG2 once. Lots of fun, I would definitely recommend it. Accidentally summoned more than a few demons. Usually didn't reload though, just ran off and hid until it unsummoned.

Lots of pretty colors, gender-changing, a few cows, gems (oh so many gems), not much gold (-_-), as well as the occasional fireball in the face... it does get weird sometimes. Or rather, quite often.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Cronatos said:

I played a party of 6 Wild Mages in BG2 once. Lots of fun, I would definitely recommend it. Accidentally summoned more than a few demons. Usually didn't reload though, just ran off and hid until it unsummoned.

Lots of pretty colors, gender-changing, a few cows, gems (oh so many gems), not much gold (-_-), as well as the occasional fireball in the face... it does get weird sometimes. Or rather, quite often.

That sounds pretty fun..
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    6 Wild Mages in the Black Pits is fun, it adds random to the encounters.