Skip to content

Cloakwood won't open

I have read the notes in bandit camp, even copied them to my journal and Cloakwood still won't open. This happened twice so far. I was playing a monk and had only Imoen in my party both times if that means anything.

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Is the first cloakwood area visible on the map, but not reachable? Or is it not visible at all? Can you post a save game showing the problem?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    You have to exit the Friendly Arm Inn map on it's left side to get to Cloakwood after unlocking it. Is this what is not working?
  • kpanderkpander Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find out how to fix this? I cleared the tent and raided the chest before talking to ender sai. I read and copied the notes, then dropped them and talked to him. Later when I read that the notes activated the area, I went back to get them, but only one was there. Now I can't figure out how to activate cloakwood.
  • MarmotMarmot Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone, first post here. I was stuck on this same issue so I tried using the C:CreateItem("scrl2z") in the console but it didn't help.

The note with warning for Tazok appeared properly in my inventory. I read it and copied it, but Cloakwood didn't appear on my map. Trying to go west from Friendly Arm Inn or north from the area just outside Candlekeep can't reveal it either. I even have the journal entry named "A Hidden Base in the Cloakwood", but still, no location on the map.

Any other suggestions? Should I create the other note (from what I recall, there were two, I read and copied them when I found them in the tent)? What would be the console command for it? Thanks.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The trigger for Chapter 4 is just having it in your inventory (and being in Chapter 3). If that doesn't work for some reason, try C:SetGlobal("CDLetterCheckscrl2z","GLOBAL",1).
    I entered C:SetGlobal("CDLetterCheckscrl2z","GLOBAL",1) in the console and nothing happened. Still no Cloakwood on the map, no cutscene, journal still in chapter 3, note still in my inventory. Tried going west from Friendly Arm Inn, didn't help either :(

What else can I do? Would my save game file be helpful? If so, do I need to provide just the .SAV file , .gam file, or the entire folder?

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Please zip up the whole folder.
    Ok, here it is. Going to sleep now, will provide further information in the morning if it's needed. Thank you for your help :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited January 2014
    I just entered Tazok's tent (with that save game) and the chapter progressed on its own, and Cloakwood appeared on the map...
    Yes!!! That worked! I walked into Tazok's tent with the fresh scroll and the next chapter began. I've walked into it several times before with the old scroll, but to no avail. It would have never occurred to me to go back now. Thanks.