Skip to content

Do you want more new npcs

ValchistValchist Member Posts: 44
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
I know I want a good or neutral female warrior type that my gnome illusionist/ cleric can romance.

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    It's a tricky proposition - I'd love to have another female warrior besides Jaheira, but the NPC pool for BG2:EE is already set; I kind of get the feeling that if another character were added it would be similar to Baeloth in BG:EE (a few comments in specific locations, no side quest, no banter with other characters).
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Of course! I'd love to see either a centaur ranger, an drider sorceress, a wemic barbarian or an scorpionfolk wizard slayer. Someone with at least four legs, although eight legs would be even better.
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    Although I don't think it will happen, I 'd like to see a new NPC that is not of elf/human origin. There are already too many human/elves/half-elves in the game.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'd like Silke, the "thespian extraordinaire" you meet in Beregost, to be a joinable evil female magic user.
  • ValchistValchist Member Posts: 44
    didn't they say a while back that they were planning more npcs to release as dlc
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    @Corvino: "You thought you chunked me, didn't you? ACTING!"
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    As the saying goes "the more the merrier".
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Valchist said:

didn't they say a while back that they were planning more npcs to release as dlc

I don't think so. They asked, hypothetically, if we would pay for them if they made them.
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    I don't want any more NPCs particularly, though if they take nothing away then I suppose I don't mind.

If we do get more NPCs though, I don't want them romancable, and I'd like them to be unorthodox in terms of their kit/item loadout.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    This is about the millionth discussion of more-or-less the same topic!

However, yes, certainly there are several conspicuous gaps in the range of NPCs offered to us in original BG2. BG2ee is filling a few of those gaps, and of course that's very welcome, but other conspicuous gaps remain, so it'd definitely be a further enhancement if the range were further expanded.

We still have no Barbarian or Sorcerer at all, we probably still have no Good developable Thief, we still have a marked shortage of shorties, we still have a dearth of female warriors, and so on.

I suggest that a lot of these gaps could be plugged if we had (for example) a CG F Dwarf F/T, a NN F Halfling Barb, and a LN M Elf Sorc available.

Furthermore, some currently-unrepresented kits are sufficiently distinctive and interesting that it'd be worth having an NPC representing them, rather than being available only if we play them as our protagonist ... I particularly think that an NPC Swashbuckler and an NPC Kensai would be popular additions, especially if they had stats enabling a dual-classing option.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    If we were going to add any NPCs to BGII:EE, they'd have a lot more content than Baeloth did. Baeloth was an easter egg, not a full NPC. :)
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    i will stamp my feet and gnash my teeth until they add some more shorties
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Here's a thread full of potential ideas for new NPCs: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21036/your-ideas-on-new-npcs/p1

Personally, I'm not as much interested in "new" NPCs, but I had wished more of the original BG1 NPCs could return as playable in BG2. I especially wish that Kivan, Shar-Teel, or Branwen (other than in the tutorial) could've returned - especially if Shar-Teel or Branwen had been dualed to thieves, which would've also addressed BG2's lack of effective thieves.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Just make Mazzy romancable and I'm good.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I would've liked the option to get the BG1 NPCs who are in the game to be joinable... Not just Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia and Edwin... Like Xzar is one of the most likely people you will run into, and I think most of the people would like to see him recruitable.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    There's loads of bg2 npc mods just waiting to be updated for bg2:ee AND some of the bg:ee mods may be brought into bg2:ee too, so i'm not worried about getting more in

@kaltzor there's a BG1SOA npc mod that allows a lot of the bg npcs into SOA and TOB