Skip to content

Randomized NPC locations?

I love the idea of that mod that randomizes the locations of the unique items - it really is a relief to be able to replay a game without foreknowledge of where things are. Does anyone know if there ever existed, or if there is in the works, a mod that randomizes the locations of the recruitable NPCs in Baldur's Gate?

Obviously, some characters can't be relocated for plot reasons - but many of them are rather arbitrarily placed. It'd be really awesome to play the game and decide on my party makeup based on who I happen to find, just like I did the first time around.

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The SCS mod moves some of the NPCs. Not randomly, but if you don't delve into the readme, you won't know who gets moved and where to...

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    do you want characters removed from the game so that only characters x, y, and z are available and are your only choices? hmm.. that would force people to use only certain characters.... I think I want to do it haha....

Maybe you meet Imoen and go to Friendly Arm inn and meet Khalid and Jaheria but there are three additional NPCs in the FAI. These three are random.

Later when you go back to candlekeep (or another point later in the plot) there are 3 more that you can pick from to change characters out or if some of them are dead or whatever.

hmm... something like that sounds interesting to me and would get people picking new people for different run throughs. I think I could make this happen.