Skip to content

EDMONTON EXPO

AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
For anyone in the area, the second annual Edmonton Comics and Entertainment Expo is happening tomorrow.

http://edmontonexpo.com/

While Overhaul doesn't have an official presence at the show this year, a number of Beamdog team members past and present will be on hand.

In Room 109 at 1:30pm on Saturday, Lead BGEE/BG2EE Artist Nat Jones will be onhand with his co-creators for a spotlight on his Viet-Zombie comic '68

"Imagine a zombie apocalypse in 1968 during the Vietnam War? Nat Jones, Jay Fotos, and Mark Kidwell will share stories about wht its like working on such a fascinating comic series."

Shortly after that, in Room 107 at 2:30, I and a few other writers will be joining BGEE writer for Writing 101

"Published authors and editors will present the basics of writing short fiction and novels, from outlining to composition to revision. After a brief discussion, they'll take your questions about how to make your work the best it can be before the dread moment of submission to a publisher."

At 7:00pm in Room 101, the 2-hour Comedy Expo-Ganza show begins, featuring, among others, the voice of Rasaad yn Bashir and Commander Shepard, Mark Meer.

"The Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo is pleased to announce the premiere of a new live comedy event aimed at fans of all things nerdy: The Comedy Expo-Ganza! This two-hour show is an event free for all attendees of the Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo and unites some of Alberta's best, and nerdiest comedians for a buffet of non-stop laughs with a fandom twist." It's free with admission, but seating is limited.

On Sunday, Dave and I will be at it again, closing the show down with some other folks at 4:30 in Room 108 in a panel called Getting Published:

"Our panel of professional editors and writers discuss the many ways to try--or fail--to sell your stories and novels in today's rapidly evolving publishing world."

So, yeah. If you're in the area and you want to come say hi or throw rotted fruit at us or something... now you know where and when to do it.

(Please don't throw rotted fruit at me.)
[Deleted User]elminsterCrevsDaaklolien

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'll bring a rotted durian just for you.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

^-^

*throws tomatoes*

Wait... are tomatoes a vegetable or a fruit? *-)

Welp, better safe than sorry! :u *throws zucchinis instead*

...I hate to break it to you, but both of those items are technically fruit. :)
    Fredjo[Deleted User]CrevsDaaklolien
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Awong124 a rotted Durian? How could you tell?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited September 2013
    Corvino said:

@Awong124 a rotted Durian? How could you tell?

By the smell. I assume it smells better when it's rotten because I can't imagine it getting any worse.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I don't want to think of a fruit that smells that bad getting *worse*, and I've smelled gangrene.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    This brings new meaning to off topic.
    But I vegetable isn't a scientific term like fruit(fruit just means fleshy bit to protect seeds, right?) so anything you want can be a vegetable. I believe the U.S. Congress voted to consider pizza as a vegetable in school lunches.
    Fredjo[Deleted User]CrevsDaaklolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    meagloth said:

This brings new meaning to off topic.
    But I vegetable isn't a scientific term like fruit(fruit just means fleshy bit to protect seeds, right?) so anything you want can be a vegetable. I believe the U.S. Congress voted to consider pizza as a vegetable in school lunches.

Wait Pizza isn't a vegetable? Next you'll be telling me beer isn't a dairy product!
    lolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    As for the Expo I hope it went well. :)
    CrevsDaaklolien