Skip to content

Where did they go?

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
edited September 2013 in Archive (General Discussion)
I have searched but couldn't find a thread like this before, so though i would start one myself. One thing that makes Baldur's gate 2 so wonderful is all the small details, and especially bringing back some of our old NPC's to say hello. Let's take a look at the NPC's from BG1 and what they ended up doing in BG2, i'm not going to mention the ones you can have in your party. Feel free to correct me if i got something wrong, this is purely taken from memory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coran - Found in Forest of Tethyr
Safana - Found in Forest of Tethyr

The both of these are involved in a werewolf quest, and Safana is evil! *gasps*

Ajantis - You kill him in windspear hills, he is one knights that are turned into ogres at the start. You need to have Keldorn in your party to get this dialogue.

Dynaheir - Not in the game but she is mentioned, sadly she died which is the reason you don't have her in BG2.

Faldorn - The leader of the druid grove which you have to challenge to a duel.

Garrick - Found outside the radiant heart main building in the temple district, there are some short scenes with him but sadly he doesn't get lucky.

Khalid - You find him dead in Irenicus dungeon.

Montaron - Xzar sends you into the harper hold to get Montaron back, sadly it doesn't go as planned.

Quayle - The foster father of Aerie and the one who took care of her at the circus, you fight to save him in the circus quest from an ogre mage.

Tiax - You find him in the asylum, he is rather enjoying himself.

Xzar - You find him outside the harper hold in docks, and he gives you a quest to save Montaron. Xzar just can't keep his fingers from those harpers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one that always stuck me as odd was Faldorn. The whole leader of the shadow druids sure fit her story wise, but everyone else had some small part in the game while she goes and becomes the end fight for the druid stronghold. And everytime i fight the ogres i wish i could somehow save Ajantis, would have been lovely to have a scene with him and Keldorn.

Safana is such a bitch.....

elminster

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    It's been brought up before, but the thread was probably archived...

The list is accurate; the only other character whose fate can be inferred rather than stated outright is Xan, since his dialogue in the mines indicates that he needs to return to Evereska as soon as possible (and, in fact, that's exactly what he does if you don't recruit him).
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    shawne said:

The list is accurate; the only other character whose fate can be inferred rather than stated outright is Xan, since his dialogue in the mines indicates that he needs to return to Evereska as soon as possible (and, in fact, that's exactly what he does if you don't recruit him).

You can also read about Xan in a journal in Icewind Dale.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited September 2013
    SionIV said:

shawne said:

You can also read about Xan in a journal in Icewind Dale.
    If I recall correctly, it's just a brief mention of him, since the writer of the journal (Everain? Erevain?) was feeling pessimistic himself. IWD takes place long before the BG saga, if my interpretation of the Forgotton Realms timeline is accurate.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Garrick does actually get lucky, though not with Lady Irlana. He runs off with a bridesmaid at her and Cyrando's wedding.
    SionIV
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Montaron is like Schrodinger's Cat (Schrodinger's Canary?). You're never really certain what happened to him until you open the box . . .
    Drugar