Skip to content

NPC's you wish could join your party.

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Saw this old thread (https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6142/they-won-t-join-but-you-wish-they-would/p1) and thought it was an interesting topic to discuss. Anyone have any NPC's they wish could join their party? (BG1 or BG2)

For me its probably Delainy/Durlyle, just because it would be cool to have a lycanthrope in your party in BG1.

Comments

• BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2013
    Aran Linvail, he's one very cool customer that bloke. I like him. Saemon Havarian, on the other hand, is a duplicitous barsteward. Oh & Sir Ryan Trawl would be good too, my Charname is very impressed with his obliging ways...
  • greckoboygreckoboy Member Posts: 33
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    How about Renal Bloodscalp? He's voiced, has a bit of backstory and an invincible bodyguard. He even gets mocked by Jan, which makes me think he'd fit right in.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    There was a thread similar to this one a few months back, I'll echo my statement then;

Tamoko
    Barring the whole "she's dead" thing (she doesn't have to be), she would be a very powerful character (game and fluffwise) to add to your party, especially in Throne of Bhaal.

Otherwise; Nimbul.
    A competent bard! Who could pass him up. Just Zevran him into your party!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The lore problem with Tamoko is from Sarevok's ending, @Drugar.

Though with high CHA and the right dialogue it's possible to avoid fighting her, Sarevok's ending implies she has died before the events of TOB, or at least before he can be reunited with her.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Elminster. He keeps poking his nose into my business but never offering any real help. Why can't he just join up and help me fry Sarevok instead of giving me useless advice? I mean, come on, me and Imoen are barely more than kids, my foster father was recently murdered in front of me and he just leaves us in the wilderness. What a bastard!
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396

Maybe Hull start off your adventure with an experienced bodyguard
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Noober would be my party diplomat.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Noober's special ability would be a constant abuse of the dialogue initiation glitch. Kind of like Morte, except a Litany of Stupid instead of Curses.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited September 2013
    Black Lily and Valen.
    Actualy there's a mod for Valen..
    Tomoko would be great to but rather unlogical.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Silke is actually a great answer. She could be a lady romance on account of how it sounds like she's saying she is a "lesbian extradonnaire"
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Corvino said:

The lore problem with Tamoko is from Sarevok's ending, @Drugar.

Though with high CHA and the right dialogue it's possible to avoid fighting her, Sarevok's ending implies she has died before the events of TOB, or at least before he can be reunited with her.

Sarevok's epilogue is easy to adjust. His interactions with Tamoko the NPC would require some rewriting anyway. This could possibly lead to a happier ending for both of them. Pairing her up with Yoshimo should also yield some interesting results.

There's a (very good) mod that includes Irenicus for Bhaal's sake, if that's not breaking the official lore then I don't know what is :-p
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2013
    Corvino said:

How about Renal Bloodscalp? He's voiced, has a bit of backstory and an invincible bodyguard. He even gets mocked by Jan, which makes me think he'd fit right in.

Yes. Either him or Aran Linvil. They would make great additions to the party as a much-needed thief

Oh yeah, and Drizzt
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Korax the ghoul.
    And dreppin and his cow, so I can keep my antidote.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I'm gonna go with Tomoko, because she's interesting. She's clearly a good person, or at least a decent one, but she fell in love with the wrong guy and now she's trying to set things right without getting him killed. I'd love to see how she deals with failing, on that count, and how she interacts with the person who killed her lover through no fault of their own.
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen, the crazy elven mage and his (dubious) domination over slimes, oozes and all things icky.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited September 2013
    delainey id say she was really sweet at the other end of the spectrum id take those two girls in the pub which is an old ship I think id enjoy rocking round the place with them in the party

edit:forgot Tomoko I always thought she had potential
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Noober all the way!
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    The Great Gazib (exploding ogre dude)

I used a Charm spell and watched him fight that witch abducting deuche. It was a good old fashioned mage fight, very entertaining.

• Edwin_OdesseironEdwin_Odesseiron Member Posts: 226
    Eric Vanstraaten. In the final confrontation with Bodhi, you can recruit the legendary Drizzt (who is stupidly strong), the Shadow Thieves (Arkanis, backstabber extraordinaire), and Eric Vanstraaten (who?). Drizzt is a renowned hero, and Arkanis' guild fought with Bodhi's, therefore, giving them both viable reasons to be there.

Whilst ol' Eric is nobody. Nobody famous. No one who has any history with the vampires. He's just some Paladin who wants to make the world a better place, representing his order.

That always made him something of an extra-hero to me, and very admirable.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Agreed with Silke and Black Lily.

I'll add:
    BG1 - Officer Vai (the lady warrior that you sell scalps to in Beregost).
    BG2 - That paladin that Garrick keeps trying to romance (forgot her name).
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Silke, Tamoko, Commander Brage, Melicamp, Bjornin, Officer Vai (there's more but I can't remember at the moment.)

Noober and Neeber! Imagine having those two and Jan in your party O.o

Arkanis, Deder, Canderous, Mordaine, and Osprey. It would be nice to play with your first party (even if it was only training) from beginning to end =)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Tamoko. I fell in love with her voice actress right away once I met her.

And maybe Silke. In BG2 - the Thieve's guild dudes. All of them.