Skip to content

Journal Entry Updates, Fixes and Issues

13»

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited October 2013
    When first entering East Baldur's Gate in Chapter 7 Husam immediately approaches, and talks to you. If you choose option 2, he tells you that Duke Eltan is sick and that Scar has been assasinated. Surely this is worth a journal update?

Edit: Especially so considering what major part Husam plays later, not only the Eltan and Scar should be added to journal, but also the reminder to meet him near the Blushing Mermaid. Also considering talking to random harlots and commoners about this does update your journal...

Husam save attached.
    Post edited by Messi on
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    Well i have this 1 reputation evil party and was clearing naskhel mines entrance map, i met dandal and asked about jobs and he mentioned Prism the sculptor. No entry was put in my journal.

Anyway i went to Prism, talked to him, and agreed that i would let him live to finish his artwork in exchange for all he had. no entry was put in journal.

Then came Greywolf, and of course I accepted his challenge, but in battle i cast a color spray that "accidentaly" hit Prism the sculptor. (As if I cared.) Happened that he turned hostile and unconscious, and after Killing Greywolf, I had no entry in my journal.

Nothing much to do except take prism's life and loot his body. I got the emeralds, but no entry in journal yet... i was wondering, maybe it would be nice to have some journal entry at any point of these actions?
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    I don't particulary want it. I was more thinking in place of a new player, who not always will find things linearly in the game. I mean, Dandal the NPC clearly states who Prism is and that he is a "problem in the area", hence a quest.
    lordkimJairyanna
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    I don't know if I'd call this an issue, really. It's more of an oddity? Anyway, I didn't understand why this bit of dialog got me a journal entry about Oublek offering bounties.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Did you guys fix that journal entry for that quest in Beregost where the wife is worried about her husband but he was killed by those two (2) ogrillions right south of Beregost and all you get form the quest is the ring?
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125

Did you guys fix that journal entry for that quest in Beregost where the wife is worried about her husband but he was killed by those two (2) ogrillions right south of Beregost and all you get form the quest is the ring?

Quest complete

Other than your whining and your complaining about my posts, thanks a lot for the information, I appreciate it. :)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @ThunderSoul

*puts on a know-it-all hat* Ah, this is a common misconception. The dead halfling you find the message on is just a messenger. The husband, as you can read in the letter, is taking a ship and should be home back safely soon. *takes off the hat* ... I know it has nothing to do with journal troubles, I just had to get it out of my system. Sorry!

About journal troubles: @Cerevant @Dee , I forgot this thread existed, and created a new one: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22862/the-user-part-of-journal-is-now-broken-worse-than-ever
    Could you merge it with this one, or move it to 'bugs' part of the forum? In my haste to complain I put it in 'general discussion', and now I'm ashamed to have made the same silly mistake I often roll my eyes at.

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Turned Branwen to flesh. But she still stands under quests.
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    There is this farmer, Kissiq, in the area in which Bassilus dances with the dead (AR3700). He approaches you and tells you of his nightmarish encounter with a hellish chicken. This gives you a journal entry, which does not disappear from the "QUEST"-Tab once you have finished Melicamp's quest in High Hedge.

Keep in mind though, that I already had encoutnered Melicamp BEFORE i came across Kissiq. Might be a conflict inbetween there.
    cmk24Markos
  • MarkosMarkos Member Posts: 30
    Same issue here. I talked to Kissiq after taking Melicamp with me. Each of them gave me a seperate journal entry, but when I return Melicamp back to High Hedge, only Melicamp's quest is done. Kissiq's quest remains under the quests tab.
  • TakezowTakezow Member Posts: 2

@Cerevant
    (Sorry, I'm in a hurry and haven't read through the entire thread)

Would it be possible to move down "Important" a couple of pixels in the journal? Right now it's very close the "C" in chapter and it feels as if it's a graphic mistake/bug. Giving it the same distance as between the red texts would be nice. Like in the picture above between "Important" and "Marianne"

Totally agree with this, moreover, aesthetically it`s very unpleasant to look at.

Please fix it, it must be very easy to do so. Thanks!
    Itomondreamtravelerdjc