Skip to content

PSTEE - what is the current likelihood of getting this?

taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
What is the current likelihood of getting planescape torment EE?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Teflon
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    Shandyr said:

I think it's rather low. What is there to overhaul on Planescape: Torment?

One of the Overhaul team members once said that they got feedback from P:T fans who said there
    was nothing to improve about the game because it already was perfect

The same things that there are to overhaul in BG2.
    under the hood engine improvements, UI, screen size, font size, bugfixes, unhardcode things... there are about 5-6 mandatory mods everyone uses on that game just like with BG1 and BG2 and of similar functionality. Then on top of that people can install extra mods or tweaks that they like.
    alnairTJ_HookerCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @LiamEsler
    I remember Trent mentioning he had a full disc of PS:T content - can you or anyone else actually confirm that the original art assets exists? Because that would mean HD PS:T:EE :D
    alnair
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Certainly any "new content" in PSTEE would be controversial.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I'd guess that everything hinges on BG2:EE. BG:EE wasn't well-received for a number of reasons, the failed launch, the bugfest, bad implementation of new content (and at least IMO, sketchy quality), etc. If BG2:EE matches up then I don't really see why they couldn't or wouldn't do an EE of the other IE games. They've stated to be willing to try and I bet people would be willing to buy so, I suppose after that it would just be down to contract issues, which probably would be easier to get through if BG2:EE is a success.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    PS:T can always be improved with new EE content as it's neither perfect nor complete.

You just need to look at the Planescape campaign setting to see that PS:T misses out a whole bunch of Sigil's city districts such as the Market Ward, Guildhall Ward and of course the Lady's Ward. These alone would give enough writing material for further quests, stories, NPC's and other add-ons. Furthermore, an PS:T-EE could also tie to the "unfinished" quests (the Godsmen's secret project, anyone?) or the remaining Sigil factions.

The only real challenge lies for possible EE content is to perfectly match the writing style of this visual novel.
    alnair
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Sed I have no idea, sorry!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I wouldn't like any new content added to PST:EE.
    I could live with improvements to UI and game engine and graphics however
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689

PS:T can always be improved with new EE content as it's neither perfect nor complete.

You just need to look at the Planescape campaign setting to see that PS:T misses out a whole bunch of Sigil's city districts such as the Market Ward, Guildhall Ward and of course the Lady's Ward. These alone would give enough writing material for further quests, stories, NPC's and other add-ons. Furthermore, an PS:T-EE could also tie to the "unfinished" quests (the Godsmen's secret project, anyone?) or the remaining Sigil factions.

The only real challenge lies for possible EE content is to perfectly match the writing style of this visual novel.

They should not add any content to PST. The game is as perfect as it can be.
    ajwz said:

I agree with this, but i don't think it's worth the money to just update that.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I don't think they could add much content-wise either without risking blowing it. If they can update the graphics and such that would be nice, but I'm not sure I would pay for a new game just for that.
    SionIV
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Bring it to the iPad, and I'm utterly yours.
    PibaroCrevsDaak
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    edited October 2013
    SionIV said:

ajwz said:

I do think it is worth the extra money :)

As for additional content, it could be made optional.
    Sed said:

@LiamEsler
    I remember Trent mentioning he had a full disc of PS:T content - can you or anyone else actually confirm that the original art assets exists? Because that would mean HD PS:T:EE :D

You know, I kinda remember the same. I remember thinking "why in the world are they doing BGEE first when they can't HD it, while PST is not only a superior game but they have the art assets needed to make it HD"
    It made no sense to me, at all!
    TeflonKamigoroshi
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    I give up, maybe forget to think about it helps me restrain myself the urge for PS:T ee.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Sed said:

@LiamEsler

Trent's comment was about having a .zip with the source code, which I don't think necessarily means that they have the source art (although I could be wrong, as I don't know much about this kind of stuff).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/44388/#Comment_44388
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    SionIV said:

They should not add any content to PST. The game is as perfect as it can be.
    ajwz said:

My extended thoughts can be found here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10495/why-there-shouldn-t-be-a-planescape-torment-enhanced-edition
    SionIVKamigoroshi
  • DancingBugbearDancingBugbear Member Posts: 118
    edited October 2013
    Shandyr said:

I think it's rather low. What is there to overhaul on Planescape: Torment?

One of the Overhaul team members once said that they got feedback from P:T fans who said there
    was nothing to improve about the game because it already was perfect

What is there at all in Planescape Torment? It's just him keeping stabbing himself with things, and pulling things out of himself. And groaning about being stuck in the sadistic sorceress' trap keep. Maybe this is a game to some people.
    Nothing works right in it anyway. It only has about five hours of gameplay, so you could just mod it if you wanted something different.