Skip to content

BG2EE Wishlist

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
I was just thinking about some things I would like to see in BG2 EE:

Continuity
If an NPC dies in BG he stays dead in BG 2, the only exception would be Imoen as she`s central in BG 2 plot and would have to be raised... a cutscene showing it happening would be cool.
Also if I use a book to enhance Minsc`s strength or Jaheira`s wisdom it stays raised in BG2. NPCs stats should have continuity.
If I dual an NPC he should be dualed exactly as I did in BGEE. I expect NPC class continuity between games.

Integration
I would love if BG2EE would integrate into a current installation of BG EE so we could have a continuous game. i was thinking in terms of a BGT like playing continuity,

Any other wishes out there? let's be reasonable we know what can`t be done to the game :)

Comments

• Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    Combat for non-spellcasters, particularly in a multiplayer setting, is unengaging and passive. I want low level special abilities similar to ToBs HLA to encourage a more active role in controlling non-spellcasting characters, and to offer more tactical options.

If someone shares this desire feel free to stop by the discussion New Abilities. I'm looking for anyone with interesting, reasonable ideas for new special abilities.
  • GrumpwagonGrumpwagon Member Posts: 25
    @mlnevese
    Seconded completely on both requests.

@Ulfgar_Torunn
    Also seconded, though mlnevese's requests are more important.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    With the release date of BG EE getting closer, I think it's time to raise this thread from the dead :)
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    This is probably far too late but I'd love to see full support for large text, the fan mod was a good start but even that had its limitation.
  • HertzHertz Member Posts: 109
    A "skip cutscenes" button. In fact, a "skip the opening dungeon" button.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    BioWare does love forcing you to watch cutscenes in early games. At least they're not long in BG. As much as I love KOTOR, some of those were frustratingly and annoyingly long.

I would love:

1) something akin to the Origins part of DA:O, as it really made my character more important to me

2) actual differences between good and evil paths

3) content that you can't experience in one playthrough; as far as I can tell, aside from NPC quests, only the vampire/thieves difference exists in BG1/2

4) some way to gain lore about opponents so that you can learn their resistances; maybe this exists in BG1/2 and I didn't find it when I played

5) at least cameos by some of the NPC's (I'm looking at you: gnomes, elves and dwarves!)

6) customization of the avatar (assuming a similar sprite) to allow other class clothing to be worn; big (for instance) to put Kensai in robes, for instance

7) Armor type limitations to DEX bonus to account, for instance, to the loss of agility in plate armor and to give reasons to make DEX-based fighters
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    I disagree about characters being removed from BG2EE if they died in BGEE. Drizzt doesnt go anywhere if you killed him, but he IS pissed off about it :)

I'd like:

1) Romancible Solar :P (joking)

2) Expanded options for Strongholds, maybe a little less monotony and more choiceson how to direct things in different pathways? Like using the Planar Sphere again to go on an adventure? Or taking the dryad acorns to the Druid Grove and seeing what happens?

3) Expanding Chapter 6. Yea, I dunno about other players, but I spend 90% of SoA in Chapter 3, because thats where all the variety is. Ch 6 is all about Bodhi's quest, 3 extra patches of forest and thats it. It would be great returning to your strongholds and towns you've been to (eg. Trademeet, Umar Hills, Athkatha) and seeing that things are a little different and there are many opportunities for quests.

4) Make Watcher's Keep a stronghold. I kinda got the feeling that each level would be useful for a different class. Or perhaps expand on it a little. With demogorgon out of the way I have a keep full of demons that may as well give me more interesting things to do.

5) Anything kinda like the 'Ascension' and the 'Longer Road' mods. These added alot of neat things to keep ToB interesting, like making Slayer worth using in the final battles, new dialogue, powers for completing pocket plane challenges, new quests in Watcher's Keep, Imoen Slayer transformation, (spoilers) a great scene where during the Melissan battle you'd re-fight the bhaalspawn you've killed with Balthazar on your side (although, they ALL should have helped you against Melissan T.T)

6) I know this unlikely, but more dialogue focusing on the original cast of characters. Or at least new NPCs from underrepresented races (eg. halflings).
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    1) Bhaalspawn abilities like they planned originally

2) Slayer form abilities. I wouldn't mind see a few abilities to compliment using this form for player who want ot indulge in using it.

3) Upgrade Slayer to Ravager. We saw this form in the ToB trials. I think it would be great if you could upgrade to this form under certain conditions (probably one for the evil characters).