Skip to content

Main character

2»

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited October 2013
    Shin said:

SionIV said:

And i can't remember, where exactly was it stated that that part of the forest belonged to him and was his property?

He mentions that if you question him - first that much of the land there is technically owned by his family, and then again if you push him that it's his land and that he can do what he wants with it.

I'll have to do it again at somepoint, i already dread going through it. It doesn't help that the only ranger class worth playing is the R/C in my opinion.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You could just enable multiple strongholds by way of SCS or the tweak pack. If you play a paladin for instance it's fairly reasonable that you could also help protect a village, serve a temple and maybe even serve as warden of a keep.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Shin said:

You could just enable multiple strongholds by way of SCS or the tweak pack. If you play a paladin for instance it's fairly reasonable that you could also help protect a village, serve a temple and maybe even serve as warden of a keep.

I actually have that installed, but after doing the strongholds so many times i normally decline the ones that i find to be troublesome. As much as i love De'arnise it's quite long and if you got the bard stronghold aswell you'll have someone poking you every day.

The only times i'll run with 3+ strongholds is when i'm running a 6 man party and want to gather as much experience as possible.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @true_shinken: If you're restricting yourself to only the new characters, that mean your party will contain a Blackguard, a Monk, a Thief and a Wild Mage, plus Imoen as another Mage. (I'm assuming you'll have Nalia take her place until Spellhold?) The only thing your party's really missing is a healer - perhaps a Cleric or Fighter/Cleric would be appropriate?
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    edited October 2013
    I remember I got a statuete of an animal from the Ranger stronghold, it was really badass.
    Also, Drizzt =p

@shawne: I will probably use other NPCs while I finish their personal quests in Imoen's slot before I get her back. I'm currently in doubt between Stalker and Ranger/Cleric for one walkthrough (might do Stalker, I've already played a Cleric/Ranger, after all) and a Bard (Blade?) for the other. Guess I'll do that, yeah - female Stalker and male Blade (after all, I already have a Blade ready to be imported into BG2EE!).

Another option I'm considering is Fighter dualing into Cleric (probably at level 7). I could be a badass dual wielding priest of Lathander (sadly without the kit, but I don't mind).
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

I remember I got a statuete of an animal from the Ranger stronghold, it was really badass.
    Also, Drizzt =p

@shawne: I will probably use other NPCs while I finish their personal quests in Imoen's slot before I get her back. I'm currently in doubt between Stalker and Ranger/Cleric for one walkthrough (might do Stalker, I've already played a Cleric/Ranger, after all) and a Bard (Blade?) for the other. Guess I'll do that, yeah - female Stalker and male Blade (after all, I already have a Blade ready to be imported into BG2EE!).

Another option I'm considering is Fighter dualing into Cleric (probably at level 7). I could be a badass dual wielding priest of Lathander (sadly without the kit, but I don't mind).

You could always use Shadowkeeper to change yourself into a Priest of Lathander (assuming you were a true class Fighter, since you can only have one active kit at a time).

You could always use Shadowkeeper to change yourself into a Priest of Lathander (assuming you were a true class Fighter, since you can only have one active kit at a time).

Hm, I guess I'll fiddle with it a bit to see if it works right. Thanks!
    I tried and it didn't work very well. I added the kit, but all I got from it was hold undead. No Boon of Lathander. :(
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @true-shinken, there is a trick to get that by de-leveling yourself to level 0 with that kit (via Shadow/EEKeeper), then going to the level-up screen in-game. This shoudl give you your special abilities (it worked with my Fighter/Assassin). However it sometimes gives you the level 1 perks again, like proficiency points and HP, so you might need to edit these out again. Its kinda tricky at first, but once that step is done it should work fine as you level up (you will get the abilities at the correct levels).
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    There is an option in EE-keeper to give yourself Kit abilities up to a certain level. So if your cleric is level 3 choose PoL level 3 and by magic you have your skills. @true_shinken
    Oh, thanks a lot! I'll try.