Skip to content

New treatment of likes, agrees, insightful on forum.

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
This seems to be a change tonight. That or my computer is being wonky.

Anyways now whenever I see a post that has been well received (it got a lot of likes, agrees, etc) the little icons have been changed from being tiny and horizontal to larger and vertical. Now if you scroll over the like/agree/insightful wording you get something like this.

I'm just curious about the reasons behind this design change.
[Deleted User]CrevsDaak

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2013
    I noticed that the icons of those who don't have profile pictures ended up overlapping with other people's icons on the horizontal promote/like/agree/insightful bar. Maybe that's why?

*Although now I've noticed that Promotes are no longer visible.
    elminster
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please, bring back the previous variant. Don't fix what is not broken.
    elminsterMortiannaKamigoroshiCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    I prefer the way it used to be too. The new view doesn't really show off the likes/agrees/insightfuls, which I thought was the purpose.

Also, that's me in the screenshot! I'm a celebrity!
    JuliusBorisovDrugarelminster
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'm not a big fan of the whole like/agree system, but if we are going to keep it, then the old method was better, since it displayed strictly more information on the screen.
    elminster[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Another (albeit minor) feature missing with the new system is the ability to see when each user had flagged the post, hovering the mouse on the avatars.
    elminsterMortiannaJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    @belgarathmth I've checked and even if there are like 100 likes it will only show a handful of them (8-10). Also since I first posted my screenshot the size of the list takes up has diminished. So it doesn't overwhelm at this point. But I agree I liked the old system better.
    BelgarathMTH
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I'm not sure this is anything we have control over. More likely it's just an update to Vanilla from the original developers.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovalnair
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Hmm...ohh well. C'est la vie!
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @Dee: Yes, because that would've made sense!
    elminsterBelgarathMTHCrevsDaak
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I miss the old way of depicting feedback because (maybe I'm weird in this) I feel more like part of a community when I see the avatars of contributors I recognize. It also makes me aware of others (ones I'm not as familiar with) when I see their avatar and a name on my posts. Probably shouldn't matter to me, but it does.
    BelgarathMTHalnair
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2013
    @Dee, you did this for us? Omg, thank you so much! My enjoyment of our community had gone down by an order of magnitude, without getting to see the little approval icons easily and at a glance under each post! You da man!

elminster[Deleted User]alnairJuliusBorisov