Skip to content

[UPDATED] Small and Big Graphical Improvements

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    The color scheme needs to look consistant. That brown clashes with the grey slate.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Much better I believe.
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    edited October 2013
    @Shang, to tell the truth, however, users who use the "crazy resolutions" are a very small percentage and I believe that this is not the right way to address the issue, however, and I do not think that they prefer to see a screen completely black or filled with a repeating texture rather than a background image though a little 'adapted.
    Also it would be a nice way to use some beautiful pictures that your designers have done in these years, and which have been confined to the site background image of Baldur's Gate EE ...
    Post edited by geminibruni on
  • devicemdevicem Member Posts: 15
    It's looking very good now, massively impressed.
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    This has been rubbing my eye the wrong way for a while. In this case, thinking inside the box would be just fine.imageimage
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    Whoops, it seems I clicked "Insert image" like a raving lunatic there. Sorry for the mishap.
  • tarasistarasis Member Posts: 20
    Really liking what @geminibruni has been posting in this thread. I'd welcome his changes.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I really like the Black Pits menu screen, great job!
    Some improvements to the general design for the various menu ingame:
    - The main idea is to make more colorful and consistent the various screens, adding some gold edges and rearranging the various buttons. Be noted that many menus have had problems with the latest patch, in fact the new gold border often ends above the original design of the cells, the results are not lovely

The Original version:image

The my Improved version:image
    The Original Version:image

My Improved version:image
    PS: if you have comments and suggestions do not hesitate to make them!!!!

Also if you enjoy my ideas please click on "like" button in order to get noticed by developers!!
    TANKS..

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're looking at some options.

That said, the "Top Ten Issues" thread is for bugs, not feature requests. I've hidden your post there, but please feel free to continue working in this thread.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @geminibruni I bet if you were to actually modify the governing UI files (DLTCEP for UI asset placement and manipulation, your favorite image editor for actual graphics, iirc) and provide them for download, it's a lot more likely these fixes would get included. Especially for the smalls stuff like button textures / angles, etc.
    edited October 2013
    The Original Inventory Menu:image

My Improved Inventory Menuimage
    @Dee, my insertion in the thread "Top Ten Issues" is due to the reporting of some graphical bugs that I specified in my post, then this, in this space as well as report errors or typos graphics I'm trying to give some advice to your designer how to refine the excellent work done to date. For me it would be a pleasure to be of help to get an even better game ...

@agris thanks for your answer, though for now I feel part of a really interesting that I hope will bring something good to Baldur's Gate EE, after I think if making a mod or no....
    Thanks for your advice, I will try to make it more balanced..
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    @geminibruni are you mocking these up, or have you created altered game assets to accomplish these screenshots?
    @enneract, I'm sorry, but i don't understand your question, I do not speak English well and often I use a translator to write on this thread... You can rewrite the question more easily??
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    edited October 2013
    @geminibruni, mi permetto di intromettermi :)
    La domanda era se sono solo immagini modificate o hai effettivamente creato delle risorse che cambiano l'interfaccia del gioco.
    Grazie @alnair, sono davvero in difficoltà a farmi capire...

@enneract, for now I have limited myself to do some retouching, maybe one day to do something more...
    edited October 2013
    New ingame menu following the @Faydark's tips:image
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    the livello superiore box could be lowered a tad to line it up vertically with the upper and lower margins.
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    Just copy Archaic's work. His UI is by and far superior in every way to the stock UI.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Rellin said:

Just copy Archaic's work. His UI is by and far superior in every way to the stock UI.

I would disagree.
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    enneract said:

Rellin said:

I would disagree.
    That is unfortunate.

• DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Impressive dedication!
    @Relly, the Archaic mod is undoubtedly a beautiful reality with its own section where we can talk about, but I would give here my little contribution to make the original version better than it is today.

Baldur's Gate is doing great steps towards its final version with this new patch, and playing the beta I also found several errors along with numerous improvements...
    Errors, bugs and oversights do not only refer to the code of the game but also in terms of graphics, of interface, it would be paradoxical to have a perfect game but with these oversights to ruin the whole...

Especially since all the reports that I did require a few hours to the designers of the game to be arranged..

In this thread I reported numerous graphical errors themselves, as well as possible improvements, just like in other threads, however, we discuss similar topics related to situations of gameplay or of stability....

I hope that @Dee or the other components of the tem development not underestimate how much these little things can make a difference in the final result of the good work done so far...

A little index:
    Graphics bugs: various errors on the World Map Screen like the disappearance of the rest of the UI and the lack of the gold edges; in many ingame menus the new board covers part of the design of the interface a bit ruining the final result otherwise excellent; some details of the main menu buttons..

Graphical feature request: new Start menu like Archaic mod; separate Black Pits menu;