Skip to content

Killing Albert

The user and all related content has been deleted.
elminsterMalicronJuliusBorisov

Comments

• MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    edited October 2013
    Yeah. Turns out the dog he wants you to find is a hellhound. When you bring it back to him, he transforms and takes it back to the hells with him. You get a nice gem out of it too. I didn't know you could kill him, though.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Even though I know he's a demon I feel bad about attacking him and usually just bring him his dog. After all if I'm willing to let Viconia into my party despite her being an evil drow it seems hypocritical to murder Albert just for being a demon.
    Malicron
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovAristillius
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yup, he is a demon from Nine Hells. The 'chew toy' he gives to you is actually remnants of an armored adventurer (metal scraps!) slain in cold blood and devoured.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Mortianna said:

(*Fails save against pedantry*) Actually, Albert is a Devil, not a Demon. Devils (along with Hellhounds) are from the Nine Hells of Baator and Demons are from the Abyss. Needless to say, they don't get along very well with one another.

Poor little Albert. He just wants his doggie before traveling back to Baator to report the progress on his mission to his superiors. I always make sure to help him out.

Ahh that explains why he does not outright murder you if you complete his quest and help him out. He is lawful evil! A chaotic evil demon would probably thank and then tear the hapless adventurers apart, just for the kicks.
    MortiannaalnairMalicron
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072

Did I finally break the code? Is stating obscure facts about the game the way to earning several "insightfuls" in one post?

Yes, my child. Yes, it is.

*Nods sagely*
    elminsterBasillicumMalicron
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Also, there's a kid in the area right north of Beregost that tells you that you shouldn't mess with him because he's got a badass friend named Albert. This kid made me look out for "Albert" throughout the whole game, so I was prepared when I finally found him.

Did I finally break the code? Is stating obscure facts about the game the way to earning several "insightfuls" in one post?
    You are well on your way to getting the 25 insightful's badge :)
    Basillicum
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Naw, @Basillicum, the way to gain "insightfuls" is to be insightful. Be more insightfuller!

I͏ se̕ę ̷w̡h̴a͟t you ́d͝id͠ ͝t̛h̀erę.

Aristilliusalnair
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    So how much XP is he worth? ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Southpaw
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I usually bring him his dog back, and then kill him once he turns into a demon (or devil) and begins to teleport away.

I remember the first time I encountered Albert and it freaked me out when I saw him morph for the first time.
    CaptRory
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Oh wow. Who'd have thought a thread named "Killing Albert" would be filled with such insight.

@KidCarnival Regrettably I don't see what he did there. Can someone elaborate?
    elminster said:

Also, there's a kid in the area right north of Beregost that tells you that you shouldn't mess with him because he's got a badass friend named Albert. This kid made me look out for "Albert" throughout the whole game, so I was prepared when I finally found him.

You are well on your way to getting the 25 insightful's badge :)
    Indeed I was. The badge is achieved and I feel all the wiser for it.
    alnair
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Oh wow. Who'd have thought a thread named "Killing Albert" would be filled with such insight.

@KidCarnival Regrettably I don't see what he did there. Can someone elaborate?

Th̵at͞'̡s ͡juşt you͡r ̵la͞ck̴ o͢f̛ in̴siģht̢ ̡ţh͞en.̕

alnair