Skip to content

Am I the only one on the fourms with the original baldurs gate?

13»

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

alnair said:

Where are you getting all that from? o_O

It's called inference. Don't look at me like I'm crazy. This totally seemed like a troll post, especially given the lack of a reply up until this point. Less so, now. A man is allowed to be wrong, and in this instance I am glad that I am.
    elminster said:

I just think you were reading way too much into this persons intentions considering they've posted a grand total of 4 things (2 discussions, 2 comments) on the forum. Particularly since none of the other posts are (lacking a better word for it) controversial.

Based on his/her other posts I'm going to suggest that this is someone who recently purchased the original Baldur's Gate, is looking for help with it, and perhaps (speculating on my part) is seeing a lot of threads that deal with the EE or BG2 and not the original.

"Way too much" is not the phrasing I would use. The wording of the question sounded very elitist. People on the internet don't typically use the "am I the only one" format unless they feel like (or are suggesting they are) the only sane person in a world gone mad.
    I AM the only sane person in a world gone mad. Hahahahahahaahah! Smiles everyone, smiles! 'Tis like some great fantasy!

(I know dragons with feet like rabbits! 'Tis true, I swear!)
    alnairBelgarathMTH
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    nano said:

Jeez, lots of suspicious people on these forums...

If you truly think it's a troll, ignore and move on. No matter how scathing you think your reply is, you're only playing into their hands. And if it isn't, then you've just made yourself look bad, picking on some innocent newbie :(

I find the modern notion that simply responding to a troll plays into their hands is ridiculous. Back in my day, if a troll was called on it, it meant it was a bad troll and he went back to the damn drawing board.
    alnair
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited October 2013
    Like this?
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4792.msg62876#msg62876

yeah well how many of you still have volo's map? Huh???

Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @Schneidend Oh please, don't try to pull that old man act on me! I wrote the book on old-man acts. After inventing books. And back in my day, the only way to deal with trolls was to keep them arguing until the sun came up and they turned to stone.

But if we can be serious for a moment, the whole point is to get a reaction. Being called a troll is just fine, and anything is better than being ignored. How would you know he went back to the drawing board, anyways? Maybe he chalked it up as a victory :)
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013

It's called inference. Don't look at me like I'm crazy. This totally seemed like a troll post, especially given the lack of a reply up until this point. Less so, now. A man is allowed to be wrong, and in this instance I am glad that I am.

@Schneidend I thought the same as you at first too, and that's why I wrote a post describing which copies of the original I've got. Didn't see the need for much more than that; I prefer to be reluctant about voicing my first impression of someone on a public forum.

That is to say I'm sure several others posters also had the same idea even if they didn't post it.
    Eudaemonium
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366

Multiples copies...

Original 6 disc set. TotSC set. BG: Original saga, BG2:SoA, BG2: ToB, BG 4-in-1 Collection. Atari Ultimate DnD collection. 2 copies of torment. IWD1, heart of fury, IWD collection, IWD 2. Probably 5 or 7 copies of NWN1+x-packs spread somewhere around my PC game collection (my friends played the hell out of that for years). NWN2 (god I hate that game SO MUCH). And ToEE. Gold Box collection. Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor.

I actually prefer vanilla BG1. It lacks a lot of the REALLY annoying factors that bug me about about BG2 and EE. IWD1 is another favorite, but due to it's much more linear scope, I don't play it nearly as often, despite quite enjoying a lot of it's more accurate mechanics.

Not perfect of course, but is a much cleaner base for my More PnP accurate alterations.

man

you would love TOEE it turn based so almost like REAL PNP DND!!!!!