Skip to content

Phase III Wrap-Up!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2

Phase III is complete!

v1.2.0 is now available to all beta testers. If no game-breaking issues are found in the next two days, v1.2.0 will be released to all customers.

Phase IV: Multiplayer Testing

Please hold onto your beta copies; Phase IV will continue after the patch is released.

We'll update the Beta periodically as needed to test out new improvements, so if you're interested to see what's coming down the pipe that's a good way to try them out. This forum will be here as well, so that you can discuss beta features you see. Our focus from here on will be making multiplayer the best experience it can possibly be.
  1. Phase III Wrap-Up!407 votes
    1. Yes! Release the Patch!
      43.73%
    2. I have found a critical issue! Do not release the patch! (please explain)
        0.49%
    3. I am not part of the beta; just show me the results!
      55.77%
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Let's do this! I need to start making a bunch of characters that I will plan to bring onto BG2EE but never actually play. :D
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    I think it's ready but will not stop testing, just in case
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    48 hours? @Dee your killing me here :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I've updated the text to sound a little less like a ransom note. :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Three weeks ago I was pretty cautious about a release personally. At that point there were still some more serious bugs that I think really needed to be addressed. Today there are probably still some minor bugs but overall I think it should be released.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Neera's free for PC and Mac; it's just the iPad where she's not.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    I actually never really experienced a critical issue... All the little bugs and hicks were fixed quickly enough... Now the only thing I want, that is missing from the previous beta (haven't tested the one that was released today) is the unknown spell filter (aka so well named: The Green Filter!).
  • ReverendBobReverendBob Member Posts: 4
    Dee said:

Phase III is complete!

v1.2.0 is now available to all beta testers. If no game-breaking issues are found in the next two days, v1.2.0 will be released to all customers.
    Question, does "all customers" mean all platforms? While I enjoy BG:EE on my PC, I much prefer to play on my iPad.

• VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216

Dee said:

She's NOT at the Friendly Arm Inn if you don't accept her initial request, despite the journal Wild Thing stating otherwise.

Additionally, this will effect any player who doesn't take her when she offers, regardless of the platform.

That's new content that is pushed by marketing, content that isn't available. It's a selling point to some to purchase BG:EE.

I feel it should be fixed.

I'd shift my vote to support this, if I could. Especially if it says in the journal that she'll be in the Friendly Arms Inn. (Otherwise, change the journal so it says "She's gone forever, never to be seen again" or something like that.)

I don't know much about programming and fixes but hopefully it's a fix that doesn't take long to... fix.

In short, I concur.

• PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited October 2013
    Most excellent. Seems good to go for me. But @Dee, please tell me we will finally get the patch log with the patch, this time, right ?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2013
    I just downloaded the newest beta patch and found that my Quick Save is now gone. In fact, a Quick Save isn't being created when I try to Quick Save. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Despite my latter post, the Quick Save randomly disappears and then reappears again, with no particular pattern that I can detect so far. I tried reinstalling the beta, but it hasn't corrected the problem.
    Post edited by Mortianna on
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Mortianna said:

I just downloaded the newest beta patch and found that my Quick Save is now gone. In fact, a Quick Save isn't being created when I try to Quick Save. Anyone else experiencing this?

Check to see if save directory has changed? Try reinstalling?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    Mortianna said:

Mine works fine.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Mortianna said:

Mine seems to be working fine.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2013
    Must have been a glitch--after exiting and reloading a few times, my Quick Save works fine now.

EDIT: See my former post, as the Quick Save is somehow not "saving," despite having reinstalled the beta.
    Post edited by Mortianna on
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I'm interested about the iPad version as well.
    [spoiler]

Dee said:

Phase III is complete!

Question, does "all customers" mean all platforms? While I enjoy BG:EE on my PC, I much prefer to play on my iPad.

[/spoiler]
  • christian1715christian1715 Member Posts: 8
    I'm also waiting for the iPad version
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I am so glad that this part is coming FINALLY. I honestly didn't mind waiting, and now I can get my toon completely ready for things!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited October 2013
    Well, I'm obviously going to be outvoted, but there are still some unresolved issues. A couple that I've recently come across:

-The journal is still very buggy (i.e: entries disappearing, then reappearing, edits not saving and then suddenly appearing, etc.).
    -Montaron will leave your party (and take Xzar with him) if you attempt to talk to him while he is in your party, even if you only just recruited him.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Dee said:

Neera's free for PC and Mac; it's just the iPad where she's not.

Doesn't matter. A bug is a bug. And if I can't get Neera after turning her down, that simply is bad. Well, should be more of a "defect" rather than a bug.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited October 2013
    Well I've finished my playthrough so I doubt I'll change my mind about the patch being awesome. Thanks for giving us this opportunity to help you with testing the patch Overhaul!

Edit: Also @SharGuideMyHand this isn't the last patch for BGEE, even in the OP it says so. Also at least the journal thing is already broken on live so it's not like this patch makes thing worse. Quite on the contrary this patch will improve the live version in huge number of ways.

Edit2: And I tested the Montaron leaving thing, and he definitely didn't leave with Xzar in my game at least. In fact that too worked better than on live. On live it just says "Montaron has nothing to say to you" in red text, on beta when you try to talk to him it says one of his selection banters.
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    @ThunderSoul @SharGuidesMyHand @Sylvus_Moonbow
    Those are bugs for sure, but do not qualify as "critical". The live version likely has those bugs too - as well as a miriad others.

The patch is already long past overdue, and to delay it any longer makes little sense at this point.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    prophet1 said:

@ThunderSoul @SharGuidesMyHand @Sylvus_Moonbow
    Those are bugs for sure, but do not qualify as "critical". The live version likely has those bugs too - as well as a miriad others.

The patch is already long past overdue, and to delay it any longer makes little sense at this point.

OK, not critical. But should be high. :)
This discussion has been closed.