Skip to content

Gratitude! What are you diggin' about the new patch? (Save your complaints for another thread)

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I am really liking the video studdering being fixed. It was nice to be able to watch some of the videos for the first time!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    thespace said:

The dialogue in Neera's quest is better!

They changed it?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

I do like how the info tab in the bottom center (the one with all the dialogue and stuff) is transparent.

I would really like it if you could give movement commands to the party through the info window. Now you can just scroll the info text by holding the mouse button.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The dark blue major color of a necromancer mage kit. It's stylish and very impressive in it's combination with the white minor color.

The absolutely golden color of an enchanter mage kit. It's so flashy and fresh!

The black color of both an assassin and a stalker. It suits these characters so much.

"This spell is already in your spellbook" message at the top of a scroll's description. It's useful indeed. Looking forward to further (visual) improvements in this direction.

And I can't pass by the new UI. It has simply rejuvenated the whole game. Sexy!

For me, the 1.2 version is wonderful right from the starting screen.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    I like how a year after release the game is finally just about at the state it should have been in a year ago. I still think the whole Android debacle is way beyond a joke now though.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    amftron said:

I like how a year after release the game is finally just about at the state it should have been in a year ago. I still think the whole Android debacle is way beyond a joke now though.

considering the rampant piracy of android games, the kind that makes the PC look like a locked down platform by comparison i'm not surprised they're not that eager to get it out the door
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I can finally play it on my laptop! I don't have to hide in the office and kidnap my father's computer anymore!! YAY INTEL COMPATIBILITY! :D
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I've had an Intel CPU since release. Do you mean integrated graphics compatibility or what?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Intel graphics cards borked the entire game. Intel processors didn't have a problem with it, as far as I know.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Improved UI made me feel like I'm playing the real Enhanced Edition. But then again, all those small changes gave that impression.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    Felspawn said:

amftron said:

considering the rampant piracy of android games, the kind that makes the PC look like a locked down platform by comparison i'm not surprised they're not that eager to get it out the door
    Then they shouldn't have bothered mentioning it in the first place then should they.
  • barbarabarbara Member Posts: 30
    I like the Wyvern crash bug fix most. Previously, it made my game almost unplayable when going to Cloakwood. Also, the UI changes and green locked chests are great!
  • doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom Member Posts: 89
    The new font looks sharp and really nice.
    And that's about it, sadly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    It looks sexy sweet on my widescreen.
    thespace said:

I just realized that now there is only 1 pair of stealth boots in the game (used to be 2), or at least they removed the ones from the hobgoblin on the Ulcaster map. That halfling ain't getting these back!

The most difficult moral choice in the game.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    picking more than one of spell at character creation. it might not be new, but i've never noticed it before. so now i can walk out of candle keep with 3 spells of command: die memorised

bastard sword +1 and short bow +1 in neera's quest

multiplayer, of course beautiful beautiful multiplayer

ranged AI now works properly

and no doubt other stuff i'm taking for granted

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    thespace said:

I just realized that now there is only 1 pair of stealth boots in the game (used to be 2), or at least they removed the ones from the hobgoblin on the Ulcaster map. That halfling ain't getting these back!

Noooooo :(
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    @Joey - Really? Looks like you not only posted that in a news thread, but it was already 6 page unorganized jumble when you did. O_o

With this patch you should be able to scroll down using the edge of the screen (reduced to a couple pixels of width to avoid accidental scrolling on buttons), you can use the down arrow key and you can also click in the middle mouse button to drag the screen around a point. Are none of these working for you?

To keep on topic I'll say my favourite part of the patch is the middle mouse dragging.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    SethDavis said:

To keep on topic I'll say my favourite part of the patch is the middle mouse dragging.

I've barely used it. So used to the arrow keys heh.
    I have to admit, I play with my Macbook track-pad, and now not using it confuses the hell out of me. I find it almost impossible to play the game windowed with a standard mouse. (Might have to buy one of them special Mac mice…)
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    thespace said:

Being able to hotkey the thieving ability!!!
    Yay for my cleric/thief!!

I thought this was always the case, just a matter of assigning a key in settings? I've been using the Z key for thieving for a long time, but not with a cleric/thief.

I love the improvements in the AI, especially the addition of the Thief Controlled script, which allows for stalkers/thieves to automatically try for stealth whenever they aren't doing anything. This can be toggled for thieves to always check for traps instead.

@thespace
    That is quite possibly true. I found out for the first time after someone posted you could so it somewhere in the road to 1.2 forum about 6 weeks ago and promptly rolled the cleric/thief I have been putting off since launch.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I realized only just today that right-clicking a scroll will tell you at the top, next to the name, whether that spell is already in your spellbook. That is really convenient.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    That's hard. I think my highest level appreciation is from the zero issues my 1.2 playthrough has experienced from the game standpoint. Operator error and bad tactics on my part are not bugs, apparently, so we haven't made it me-proof in that I keep losing characters. Anyway, that's been the best for me.

I didn't make lots of kits, so I didn't personally see all of the color arrangements, but it's a nice touch and I like knowing that it is set up that way.