Skip to content

Solved

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
With 1.2 installed, EE Keeper now says it "cannot read the text resources" in C:/Program Files(x86)/Beamdog/Games/00766, while the game is clearly there. Anybody know what is going on here, and how to fix?
Post edited by BelgarathMTH on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Did you reset the program's target directory? It could be the program isn't playing nicely with the updated files.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2013
    Which version (of EE Keeper) are you using?

Also, better to ask in the main thread. If it can't read the text resources, then it sounds like you need to pick the language from the drop-down list.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Dee, yes, I tried erasing the path info, re-entering it through the "browse" button, (even though it's exactly the same as what was already there), closing EE Keeper, and restarting EE Keeper. Same error message - "EE Keeper was unable to read the text resources. EE Keeper must be able to find this file in order to work properly."

It looks like 1.2 breaks EE Keeper, then.
  • I've already used EE Keeper with 1.2 (old version last night, new version today), so it's not broken. I'm not sure what the cause of trouble is on your end, though.
    @Troodon80, EE Keeper version is 1.01

I don't know what you mean about selecting a language from a drop down menu? My game has always been English_US .
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It's working fine for me. I am using v.1.0.0 on Mac via Wineskin, but it reads the directories fine and works swimmingly.
    Windows 7 PC here. That probably makes a difference.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    edited November 2013
    my EE keeper is still working. with 1.2 I DL'd it about a week ago don't know if I have a newer version.
    @Troodon80 figured out what was wrong and showed me how to fix it. The language had to be reset in the EE Keeper program, for some reason.
    Thank you all kindly for the fast response and solution to my problem.