Skip to content

BGEE: Gather Your Party

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
Hello, all! :)

Just thought I'd throw out a general topic of discussion - who was in your party the last time you played BG1, and who would you swap out for our new arrivals?

I led an all-female team of Shar-Teel, Imoen, Jaheira, Viconia and "Edwina" (gotta love that Girdle of Gender), and I'll be exchanging Shar-Teel for Dorn. (I'm also undecided on Edwin vs. Neera - Wild Mages sound fun, but I'm not sure she'd fit in alignment-wise...)

Comments

• DecayOfSoulsDecayOfSouls Member Posts: 21
    I think the last time I played, I played as a Fighter with the pretty vanilla party of Minsc, Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir and Imoen. I'll probably add all the new peeps to my party just so I can experience their new gameplay. I'll drop Dynaheir for Neera, Khalid for Dorn and Jaheira for Rasaad. Not sure if I will keep the others or go in a completely different direction.
    etagloc
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Charname as a Bard, Imoen, Coran, Minsc & Dynaheir and Branwen. I don't now who I could've exchanged... maybe Imoen for the wild mage, or Minsc for the Blackguard, but then what about Dynaheir... maybe Minsc & Dynaheir for Neera & Dorn.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Last time I played? I completed the game solo, but generally speaking am playing a multiplayer game of PCs : Mage/Thief and Ranger/Cleric, plus Xzar and Minsc. So far we are rocking it pretty hard.
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    My last time I was a Thief/Mage, with Imoen (dualclassed to Wizard), Jaheira, Minsc, Khalid and... I believe I killed off Dynaheir to keep Minsc and then went with Branwen.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Last played an avenger druid, with Imoen (dualed to mage), Coran and Kivan as traveling company.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    PC - Male Human Berserker
    Shar-Teel
    Viconia
    Edwin

I don't remember who else, but I'm pretty sure I had a six person party. Obviously, I was going for a pretty evil party of nasty.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2012
    Currently playing:
    PC - Human Cleric/Mage
    Imoen - Charming Rogue (to dual soon)
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Branwen (gonna replace her with Indira - mod Fighter/Mage)
    Finch - mod Cleric

On topic, I'd probably replace Minsc and Dynaheir with Dorn and Neera
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Last played:

PC: Blade
    Imoen
    Kagain
    Yeslick
    Xan
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    PC
    Imoen
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
    Jaheria
    Khalid
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited July 2012
    PC: Kensai
    Imoen
    Khalid
    Jahiera
    Yeslick
    Ajantis

I'd probably switch out Khalid and Jahiera for Dorn and Rasaad, purely because K&J are a bit samey for me and I wanted to try completing the game without any arcanists. Plus the fireworks between Dorn and Ajantis are certain to be entertaining.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    PC: Female Fighter who was an Archer with multiple points in One-Handed Swords and Bows (used a composite bow because of high strength
    Imoen as a thief
    Jaheira
    Khalid
    Minsc
    Dynaheir
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    When I went through BG1 it was:
    PC-Gnome Fighter (male) (became a kensai in BG2)
    Imoen
    Jaheira
    Dynaheir
    Kiven
    Ajantis

For BG:EE, I want to try a gnome "ladies man," in which he will lead an otherwise female band. So, I'm thinking:
    PC-Gnome Kensai (male)
    Imoen
    Jahiera
    Neera
    Dynaheir
    Branwen
    Sanfara
    Viconia

I know that's too many, but I had it planned out until I heard about the addition of Neera. Neera will be a definite, have to figure how to rotate the others.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

When I went through BG1 it was:
    PC-Gnome Fighter (male) (became a kensai in BG2)
    Imoen
    Jaheira
    Dynaheir
    Kiven
    Ajantis

For BG:EE, I want to try a gnome "ladies man," in which he will lead an otherwise female band. So, I'm thinking:
    PC-Gnome Kensai (male)
    Imoen
    Jahiera
    Neera
    Dynaheir
    Branwen
    Sanfara
    Viconia

I know that's too many, but I had it planned out until I heard about the addition of Neera. Neera will be a definite, have to figure how to rotate the others.

A ladies man who isn't a bard? Volo would have none of this! 'tis shameful!
  • XavaineXavaine Member Posts: 12
    Will probably go with a Paladin kit (undecided still) main character then Minsc, Dynaheir, Viconia, Kivan and Imoen.

I must be a very boring person!
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Imoen
    Minsc
    Dyanheir
    Kivan
    Yeslick

who I gonna throw??? I guess that Dyanheir is gonna save my party by jumping on a fireball once I meet Neera - which will be the convenient replacement.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Interesting - there seems to be a consensus that Neera is designed as a replacement for Dynaheir. Which makes sense, since wild surges are apparently less of an inconvenience than being barred from Conjuration...
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2012
    Me
    Minsc
    Ajantis
    Viconia
    Imoen
    Dynaheir

I'm going to play a class I haven't played yet. That means Bard, Paladin, Cleric, or Druid. Probably Paladin, since I'm dumping Ajantis for Rashaad.

Dynaheir will tragically be turned to stone when Neera shows up. I'll save Dorn for an evil replay.
  • CrynusCrynus Member Posts: 17
    Me - Mage
    Kagain
    Yeslick
    Viconia
    Safana
    Eldoth

Kagain made it into most of my parties, he was my favourite npc
    The_New_Romance
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Crynus: Oh my goodness gracious I think you're the first person I've ever talked to who actually used Eldoth. Tell me, what was it like? :)
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    @Cheesebelly I've heard of this elusive "solo playthrough" how is it even possible!!!???

#ontopic I will just go w/ the flow, and let the RP dictate my party composition :)
  • AtianAtian Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2012
    Last time I played with a paladin. As for the party I think I had Imoen, Jaheira and Khalid and probably Edwin too.

Next time I guess I'll grab Neera and maybe Rasaad. Don't know about the rest of the party at this point though.
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    Me - female fighter/mage (paladin at heart but born elven)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fantasy-art-and-portraits/3180179378/sizes/o/in/photostream/
    Ajantis (romance)
    Coran
    Yeslick
    Dynaheir
    Minsc

The interaction between Ajantis and Coran, each vying for the PC's hand in their own way, was wonderfully done by the BG1NPC authors.

In BGEE I'll swap Dynaheir for Neera, and thus Minsc for Rasaad.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Communard said:

A ladies man who isn't a bard? Volo would have none of this! 'tis shameful!

I would be a Swashbuckler (is that a thief or bard kit-and can gnomes be bards?), but I started as a fighter in BG1, so I had to pick a fighter kit in BG2. Besides, as well as being a swashbuckling gnome, I want him to be a master swordsman (swordsgnome), so kensai fits the bill for me
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    edited July 2012
    I think the last playthrough I was juggling characters doing side quests left right and centre due to the magnitude of mods I had installed.
    I believe I was a Wild Mage, with sort of wild mage mods installed.
    Kagain
    Finch was around for a bit, then replaced by Gavin. (both mods)
    Tiax (as a strifeleader of Cyric)
    Indira (mentioned before, fighter/mage)
    Xan (sorceror)

but yeah, that is what i remember, I was avoiding Minsc, Kivan, Edwin, Adjantis because I have used them a lot. Used Xan and Tiax because of the new kits i gave them.
    Post edited by IchigoRXC on
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Let's see. The last time I played Baldur's Gate, I rolled with an Elf-centric squad.

Khalid
    Jaheira
    Xan
    Kivan
    Coran
    Ivellan (Cleric)
  • CrynusCrynus Member Posts: 17
    shawne said:

@Crynus: Oh my goodness gracious I think you're the first person I've ever talked to who actually used Eldoth. Tell me, what was it like? :)

I actually like Eldoth, I have been playing the game since it came out so I make it a point to try all the npcs and different combos. If I remember right he used to make arrows of biting, but then got patched to make poison arrows. He is a little underwhelming, as most bards are, but I always liked his character.
    First time I killed Drizzt he got the killing blow!

• catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    I want Jaheira and Minsc... but I think that Imogen, Khalid, and Dynaheir will have to... umm....

Disappear?

I hate killing people. Hate Hate Hate. Someone dies, I reload.

But... I want a new party!!!!
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    Also, anyone who plays a bard and has five ladies follow him around really needs to be named Mance

+1 Hat of Coolness to anyone who gets the reference!

(Or -2)
    IchigoRXC
  • AtianAtian Member Posts: 32

Also, anyone who plays a bard and has five ladies follow him around really needs to be named Mance

+1 Hat of Coolness to anyone who gets the reference!

(Or -2)

Mance Rayder comes to mind.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Last party in BG1:
    Keira the Inquisitor Bhaalspawn
    Ajantis
    Kivan
    Viconia
    Imoen
    Xan

Then into BG2:
    Keira the Inquisitor Bhaalspawn
    Keldorn (made into a Cavalier)
    Anomen
    Kivan (mod, excellent)
    Yoshimo/Imoen
    Xan (mod, excellent)

New party when I get BG1:EE
    Flaran the Kensai Bhaalspawn
    Imoen
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Branwen then Yeslick
    Kivan then Coran

New party when I complete BG1:EE once;
    Armagan the Assassin Bhaalspawn
    Kagain
    Dorn Il-Khan
    Viconia
    Montaron
    Xzar

I hope I can get the BG1 NPC project working, especially for that last game!