Skip to content

It is known if there gonna be a XP cap at BG 2 EE?

It is a really importand for me cause iam starting/planning a Dual Class char.

Dont answer if you are not sure pls.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes; 8 million XP.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606

Dont answer if you are not sure pls.

I'm pretty sure it's 8 million.
  • TzampapaizeisTzampapaizeis Member Posts: 67
    Ty
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    I wonder if there is going to be a cap based on the chapter. I mean, it it's gonna be possible to get past the 2,95 million before entering the ToB chapters. Anyone know?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited November 2013
    @OperativeNL: I don't see a reason for such a cap to exist. You just made that up, didn't you?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It'll be just like in BG2. Once you installed ToB the cap changed, so you could get past 2.95M in SoA as it was.
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Will BG2 EE work the same way BGT worked, lifting BG1 EE exp cap? As in so you can just continuously march through the saga?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    No, because they will still be separate games (though an EET might get modded one day). You will have whatever XP you have in EE when you import, though, I assume, so if you removed the XP cap in EE you can kind of carry on in that sense.
    Thats disappointing. Well luckily i'm pretty sure there will be a mod.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Shar there is already an XP cap remover for BG:EE in the modding section. I like to use it for solo runs :)
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    Shar said:

Thats disappointing. Well luckily i'm pretty sure there will be a mod.

yes and it takes from 5 to 10 minutes to create one

Sed said:

@Shar there is already an XP cap remover for BG:EE in the modding section. I like to use it for solo runs :)

I knew that much i was wondering whether xp cap remover would be compatible with BG2EE or would it give you "cant import illegal character" or something similar.

• marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Can't say I've ever hit that cap, but I always go with 6 party members. So effectively there is no cap. Smaller parties can likely hit 8M though.
  • Shar said:

Sed said:

I knew that much i was wondering whether xp cap remover would be compatible with BG2EE or would it give you "cant import illegal character" or something similar.

From what I understand, BGEE does not currently prevent you from importing characters of any level, even ones well beyond the normal xp cap, so I doubt it will be a problem with BG2EE.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    derp
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Shar Removing the XPCap in BGEE will create no problems in BG2EE