Skip to content

Being Eldoth Kron, Bhaalspawn

2»

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Eudaemonium: This makes not only me, but also Dorn very happy.

I was considering to restart anyway. I wanted to keep Monty as thief to re-play the tale of my bard from before, but overjoyed with the now working AI scripts, I didn't consider the ogrillions when setting him to "aggressive fighter". :D
    compulsively rests and creates arrows

I am stuck in a vicious loop of awesome, help?!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    CoryNewb said:

KC is roleplaying and making his own story with PC. Who are we to judge how other people play their game. Plus, the non-recruitable Eldoth could just be a doppelganger.

I once did something similar, where I did a playthrough of the original BG1 as Shar-Teel. I downloaded her voice set from somewhere, but rather than use a keeper to edit her stats, I rolled endlessly until I had recreated them (including her 18/58 strength).

When I encountered the actual Shar-Teel later in the game, I just pretended not to notice her.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    So wait ... Dorn just told you not to trust yourself? Interesting.
    Exactly. I also got to hear a line from Garrick, half-through-Beregost after joining, that seems to be listed nowhere for him. @Eudaemonium looked through his lines, and this one is apparently not triggered by anything (it's not a banter directed at a party member, and it's not a rep reaction):

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/KirisahSuns/Black Pits/Baldr093.png

It amuses me he said that first thing when joining Eldoth of all people.

My next plan is to get Shar-Teel and set Montaron as party leader to hopefully see if I get attacked. (Does banter trigger speed use charname-charisma or party leader charisma?)
    Got Skie. http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/KirisahSuns/Black Pits/Baldr098.png

I let NPC-Eldoth join to get the journal entry, then dismissed and killed him. I went directly to the estate when arriving in the city and voila: ultimate con.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited November 2013
    ...hmmm. That got me thinking if it would be possible to emulate other NPCs just as well?
    I don't mean just take the name and stuff, but also get NPC reactions and quests.
    Next time do Tiax! :D
    I was thinking that too. Once they are extracted, everyone can edit the stats and class and all with EEkeeper, so that's also a way to see some of the rare conversations (pain in the ass parties like Eldoth-Skie-Garrick, if Eldoth was keepered to something other than bard).

I think the other NPCs try to banter with Eldoth, too, charnames just don't use compliment/insult lines from what I see, so Eldoth doesn't reply. Or it's because they try to address Dorn, but I never noticed those unanswered lines in normal runs with him in the party.

For now, I abandon my plan to get Shar-Teel and instead try to find a way to replace Dorn with Garrick. That's borderline offensive and leaves with me without any real frontliners except Xzar and possibly Monty, but I really want to see if the triple banter triggers.
  • magpiemagpie Member Posts: 79
    this is a train wreck of awesome. I love that you even convinced the game that you're Eldoth!