Skip to content

Being Eldoth Kron, Bhaalspawn

KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
Two days ago, I cast True Sight when playing and saw that it is my destiny to play BG2EE as Eldoth, as he is clearly a Bhaalspawn. He was not included as NPC because I am supposed to play as him. As a delusional (?) Eldoth who thinks that Irenicus kidnapped Skie, who - after her father's death - was married against her will to a wealthy merchant and holds massive blackmail potential. Or in other words, I finally found a reason to go to Spellhold for my bard. I can't stand Imoen, so this was always a bit of an immersion problem for me. Now, with this somewhat crackfic-ish premise, I feel a new sense of determination.

Here's the problem:

Eldoth has ridicolous stats. With 12 dex and 13 int, I'll have to give Eldoth Charname a massive boost already - upgrading the 82 he has to the 93 of my bard-waiting-to-be-edited-and-exported. I shall justify this by counting in tomes and the stat boost all NPCs got for BG2. I don't really want to change more, so I'm stuck with 3 weapon profs I would usually avoid. However, those are the canon profs Eldoth has when meeting him in Cloakwood, so I'd like to use them:

♪ Long Bow - boosting dex, no problem, but there aren't any worthwhile Long Bows
♪ Scimitar - never cared about that prof at all; are there any good ones in BG2?
♪ Spear - same, at least I don't remember any spears of note in BG2

Which sucks the least? What weapon options do I have? Do I favor melee/strength or ranged/dex when adjusting the stats? And last but not least, can I give a BG2EE charname the "Create Poison Arrows" ability? I don't see it in EEkeeper, since it's not a kit ability.

My party will be the now possible all evil party; Dorn, Korgan, Edwin, Viconia, Hexxat and I will be very disappointed and angry if Skie turns out to be Imoen. :D

Edit: Forgot, it's gonna be vanilla bard.

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Just want to say, that is awesome.
    Checking on mikespg, scimitars get kind of shafted until TOB (counting wakazashi/ninja-tos). There's nothing that spectacular with long bows, but long bows are pretty sweet with their 2 apr already. At least you can get the elven court bow fairly early on. There are a few OKish spears.

I always gave Eldoth the gauntlets of dex and let him have it out with long bows. He made a great back row support with arrows and spells. That might get kind of boring for a charname, though. Scimitars or spears might be more fun.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    There are a couple of good spears. Impaler, Withering and Ixil's http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/weapons/spears.html

For the poison arrows, you can always console 3 arrows of biting in AROW05 once a day.

And you are stuck with Imoen, UNLESS you start a multiplayer game and also create Skie to take her place in the story.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited November 2013
    Once you get UAI then the Scarlet Ninja-to is quite a nice easily-available scimitar. +1 APR and poison damage, but normally Monk only.

Longbows are also a good early BG2 choice as you get lots of decent +3 ones quickly. For the mid-endgame Shortbows and Crossbows do better.

For weapon proficiencies on a vanilla bard, you can only get proficient anyway! It shouldn't be too bad to have a diverse range.
    Post edited by Corvino on
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2013
    Corvino said:

For weapon proficiencies on a vanilla bard, you can only get proficient anyway! It shouldn't be too bad to have a diverse range.

One of my favorite aspects of playing a bard - I get to try everything!
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Actually, according to a Papal Bull from 1145 by Eugene III, considering Eldoth as Bhaalspawn is heresy, immediately punishable by excommunication and burning at stake. Xzar however is another matter, he went mad with his divine essence the poor guy.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    It appears the plan looks like Long Bow in the start, Spear once I get to Ust Natha and possibly Ninjato in the end. I like the idea of changing weapons a lot; it's something I rarely do otherwise, with self-picked profs. Might as well pick daggers or something else I rarely use later to mix it up even more.

@onan: That shouldn't be a problem. I hear Viconia converted to Ilmater and offered to suffer for my sins. If I find her on a stake in BG2, it is only proof that Eldoth is a Bhaalspawn. (Now I also want to play as Xzar who searches Monty in Spellhold...)
    Soooo... I decided to go all the way and started a new game; 93 roll (keeping Eldoth's stats and adding as neccessary - 16 str, 18 dex, 15 con - will consume tome; Eldoth usually gets it as NPC - 18 int, 10 wis, 16 cha), starting with long bow and spear... and I did find Create Poison Arrow and assigned it as ability. However, it doesn't work. :| The ability button is greyed out. Resting didn't help either. Any ideas?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It might be coded so only (the other) Eldoth can use it? I am not sure. Not home at the moment it would experiment, but that seems somewhat plausible.

If you have Near Infinity, maybe experiment with making original Eldoth exportable, then re-importing him as the PC (changing stats with NI or 'keeper)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I...what?
    Eldoth is in the game. He's just not recruitable.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330

I...what?

KC is roleplaying and making his own story with PC. Who are we to judge how other people play their game. Plus, the non-recruitable Eldoth could just be a doppelganger.

I...what?

Eldoth is not in BG2.

@Eudaemonium: I don't have NI. Is it possible this is linked to the exact name? Charname-Eldoth is "Eldoth Kron", NPC-Eldoth is only "Eldoth", so my next attempt will be changing the name. If nothing works, I'll have to resort to consoling arrows.

Eldoth is not in BG2.

He totally is. He's in one of the inns in the Promenade.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

I...what?

1. Hate on peoples' roleplaying ideas
    2. Make grand dismissive statement that's actually incorrect
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I recommend that you mummify Eldoth. That way he will look more powerful and imposing. Just look what it does to my physique!

Secondly, if you see Eldoth in BG2, kill the darn doppleganger where he stands. Fancy taking your looks and personality for your own...

Also, and I love the idea, but you know I'm twisted. Why not play Garrick?

Okay... sick...

(And he is also in BG2, but best excuse yet to kill the annoying bardicle...)
    Anduin said:

I recommend that you mummify Eldoth. That way he will look more powerful and imposing. Just look what it does to my physique!

I hate to bring bad news, but... umm... you are... kind of... crumbling. I tried to pick up the teeth you lost, but I was under the impression of being the Enterprise-D at the time and sadly, yet unsurspringly, my "tractor beam" turned out to be my disintegration eyestalk. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, I don't have such a vast interest in what other people think about the roleplay idea, I was just looking for feedback about 3 weapon profs I never paid much attention to, beyond giving Eldoth Dead Shot in BG1.

And why not play as Garrick, but consider Xzar? One word: Voiceset.

Quartz said:

3. ???
    4. PROFIT!!

Or, crazy thought, it's a legitimate criticism KidCarnival may want to address. His theory was based on the idea that Eldoth is not in the game. Eldoth is in the inn in Waukeen's Promenade where you can fight that other adventuring party. I've SEEN and SPOKEN to him.

Quartz said:

3. ???
    4. PROFIT!!

Or, crazy thought, it's a legitimate criticism KidCarnival may want to address. His theory was based on the idea that Eldoth is not in the game. Eldoth is in the inn in Waukeen's Promenade where you can fight that other adventuring party. I've SEEN and SPOKEN to him.
    Romantic encounters mod.
    Quartz said:

Romantic encounters mod.

Hm. So it would seem. I retract my observation, then.
    Maybe I should have added that I don't plan any mods for that run. (And Romantic Encounters is the mod I'm least likely to ever install...)
  • You should pick a pip in short bows when your at it. And use spears. Don 't look a given horse in the arse! (so said the Dutch-man)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited November 2013

CoryNewb said:

Good luck sobering this animal up!

I have no such plans. He is to romance Dorn because why the hell not.
    Yup...that's @KidCarnival, being the lovable sociopath Beholder we all know!

Maybe I should have added that I don't plan any mods for that run. (And Romantic Encounters is the mod I'm least likely to ever install...)

I recommend Romantic Encounters. It's really well written from what I've seen.

This is a case of me forgetting that Eldoth is ones of its components.
    Southpaw said:

CoryNewb said:

Good luck sobering this animal up!

I have no such plans. He is to romance Dorn because why the hell not.
    Yup...that's @KidCarnival, being the lovable sociopath Beholder we all know!
    Í ̢pro͞test͠! ̷I ąm l͘ǫváb̛lè ̸and a̛ s͞ociopath̸,̷ but̴ I҉ a̵m̕ NO͘T͟ a beh̴ol͝der!

I'm also open for weapon prof ideas. I will take Scimitar next, to be accurate, but after that, I'm not sold on anything yet. I like the idea to take weapons I rarely or never use, possibly strictly picking after "what weapon is available with poison damage" to make up for the inability to create arrows. I'm usually very attached to quarterstaff, short bow (thief), darts (bard) and hammer (cleric), so I'd like to avoid those. Dagger? Axe? Halberd?
    edited November 2013

What I've read about it goes completely against my taste. Not saying it's a bad mod - I don't know, haven't played it - but the theme holds no interest to me. I already don't play the romances (I'll do in EE, for the lulz, I also have plans for a neutral/good run to romance Anomen with the most beared gnome lady imaginable), so installing even more romances makes no sense.

What I've read about it goes completely against my taste. Not saying it's a bad mod - I don't know, haven't played it - but the theme holds no interest to me. I already don't play the romances (I'll do in EE, for the lulz, I also have plans for a neutral/good run to romance Anomen with the most beared gnome lady imaginable), so installing even more romances makes no sense.

It doesn't really add romances. More like flings.

Gnome ladies don't have beards, much less dwarf ladies.
    Well, I'm even less interested in flings than romances. And in my parties, everyone has a beard, regardless of race or sex. DON'T TELL EYE OF LOCKE WHAT HE CAN AND CANNOT DO!
    edited November 2013
    Romantic Encounters is alright except that one rape-y part ... yeah that was pretty gross. I might not care so much if the mod didn't insist on rubbing your face in it pretty much every playthrough since an NPC runs up to talk to you right outside the Copper Coronet. I very quickly learned to tell him to screw off, I'm not saving and/or raping your sister bro. Nasty.

Pretty well convinced me to uninstall it lol.

Overall though it mostly adds flings to people who already flirt with you in the vanilla game, so it's kind of smart.
    Didn't they just add the "rapey" bit to an NPC who as already in the Buried Alive quest? It's been a while, and that playthrough didn't get too far due to Dragon Age coming out.