Skip to content

Pre-download Period

Hey, I have prepurchased the game and was wondering when the advanced downloading of the game can begin? I'd like to play at 12:01 on November 15th if possible. It'd be like an early birthday present (November 17th). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378

Hey, I have prepurchased the game and was wondering when the advanced downloading of the game can begin? I'd like to play at 12:01 on November 15th if possible. It'd be like an early birthday present (November 17th). Thanks in advance.

My birthday is on 19th of November. :-))
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    My birthday is the 15th but because I live in Australia and it will be the 16th here when it drops :(

I guess it gives me time for more experiments!
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Effiny said:

My birthday is on 19th of November. :-))
    So is mine, and a fine day it is ;)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Buncha Scorpios (...)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Scorpios rule.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Do we actually have any guarantee the game will actually be available to play at midnight on the 15th? It seems kind of unlikely to me. I would assume the team would have to push a button in the office during the day.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Does anyone remember what time BGEE was released?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The final download part took quite a while for a lot of people for BG:EE. Midnight is very optimistic.

I'd say if you aim to play the game on the 16th then you'll avoid any frustration.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    I'm an Aries, and I am TERRIFIED of all the Scorpios skittering around my hooves. :(
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    edited November 2013

Do we actually have any guarantee the game will actually be available to play at midnight on the 15th? It seems kind of unlikely to me. I would assume the team would have to push a button in the office during the day.

One of the devs (I think it was Dee) recently wrote that they are able to release BG2EE anytime, even today. They are ready, they're just testing and testing and testing some more...
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited November 2013
    It doesn't add much content, but Trent just tweeted:

I have my 6 hours of sleep. Time to hit the game again. #PleaseBeDoneSoon #BGIIEE

— Trent Oster (@TrentOster) November 8, 2013
    Messi said:

Does anyone remember what time BGEE was released?

I seem to remember it was mid-afternoon in Pacific time zone?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Effiny said:

One of the devs (I think it was Dee) recently wrote that they are able to release BG2EE anytime, even today. They are ready, they're just testing and testing and testing some more...
    I can't say with any certainty of course but it would probably be safer to expect it at some point after 10am local time in Edmonton. Thats not saying it won't come out sooner but I don't recall BGEE coming out exactly at midnight either.