Skip to content

What do you think BGEE is still missing?

124»

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I agree with the portrait idea. Would be cool to have different artists sets available as DLC. I wonder though if they are aloud to change the content in that manner?
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    As long as you buy the portrait packs as optional DLC, why not? :-)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I just remember them having odd things that they couldn't change contractually. Wouldnt be surprised if the NPC portraits were one of those things.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Delvarian said:

I just remember them having odd things that they couldn't change contractually. Wouldnt be surprised if the NPC portraits were one of those things.

You could be right of course. :-)
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Shin said:

1. Things that either can't be done by non-professionals, or that can be done to certain degrees by people with a lot of programming knowledge, such as:

- Full externalization of everything that plausibly can be externalized.
    (Including old ToBEx features like loot disappearance on disintegration/frost/petrification death and attack animations not corresponding to actual attacks; and also features like unlocking all dual/multi combos and spell/thief skill usage being open to all classes.)

- Full UI customizability and fluidity with drag-and-drop mechanics as per a modern MMO.

- Expanded opcode options (e.g. use of fractions of seconds, greater variety in conditional spell use without having to rely on contingencies, more options for duration, more options for damage resistance).

2. Things that are very challenging to alter (often both in terms of technical knowledge and artistic skill) and can only currently be done by a limited number of modders, such as:

- Improved/expanded graphics (e.g. more spell animations, more diverse monster animations, more diverse attack animations, improved avatars and a greater level of detail over all).

We're never getting any of that. They can't even get custom soundsets to work ffs.

I know the devs try their best, but they have a ton of other porting work to do.

And then there's also the problem of introducing monumental bugs as well.

I'd kill for some of the features you mention, but I doubt we'll get them.

Would love to be proven wrong, though :))