Skip to content

What do you think BGEE is still missing?

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
What is your most anticipated improvement that has not been done in BGEE yet?
Post edited by Anton on

Comments

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    For me personally it is AI improvement. I hope that BGEE will inherit this element from SCS with @DavidW help..
  • Cowled_wizardCowled_wizard Member Posts: 119
    Can they legaly changed the A.I.? I thought they can add new contet but only slightly modify (seems to be a shadowy area) the original content
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    The 1.2 patch......sorry frustrated Steambound user :(
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Anton said:

For me personally it is AI improvement. I hope that BGEE will inherit this element from SCS with @DavidW help..

This would be cool, but they've said they don't want to make the game harder so I'm not sure how that equation is going to work.

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Favored Soul class. :P
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    1) NPC interactions.. hopefully the NPC Project will be ready in the near future..

2) Weather improvement - its on their list, but who knows how long the list is...

3) And from the bottom of the archive.. page 23124 - Bestiary in the journal, just like in PS:T. It won't happen, but I'm allowed to fantasize
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited November 2013
    bengoshi said:

In short, BG1 NPC Project.

In general, I'd like all mods to be compatible with BG:EE.

Other than that I think this edition is excellent.

It would be cool to expand upon the original BG1 NPCs. I like the new ones, and fleshing out each original character would be like having ALL new ones. Just adding more dialogue, a few side quests, and a couple more quirks would make a huge impact on the gaming experience.

Having all of the mods built into the game so computer illiterates like me can tweak stuff on their macs, would be another massive addition.

Other than that it's an excellent game, like dusting off an old book and enjoying it all over again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I want to romance with Branwen, Safana, and flirt with Vicconia. I also want Shar-teel to attack me when I put the Belt of Masculinity on her.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    more priest kits and a good shorty romance for my halflings
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Pretty much the NPC Project is what I'm most looking forward to atm. The Sword Coast is a reeeeealy quiet and lonely place without it :(
  • Mule72Mule72 Member Posts: 9
    I think it would be cool if there was some kind of official "No reload" mode.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I've never tried the NPC Project mod before, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    1- Improved multiplayer.
    2- Improved players who wouldn't try to use their lvl40 premades in a new multiplayer run.
    3- Improved improvised improvements.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    @Wilbur be warned, once you make a playthrough using NPC Project, you won't be able to ever play vanilla again lol
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    1. Things that either can't be done by non-professionals, or that can be done to certain degrees by people with a lot of programming knowledge, such as:

- Full externalization of everything that plausibly can be externalized.
    (Including old ToBEx features like loot disappearance on disintegration/frost/petrification death and attack animations not corresponding to actual attacks; and also features like unlocking all dual/multi combos and spell/thief skill usage being open to all classes.)

- Full UI customizability and fluidity with drag-and-drop mechanics as per a modern MMO.

- Expanded opcode options (e.g. use of fractions of seconds, greater variety in conditional spell use without having to rely on contingencies, more options for duration, more options for damage resistance).

2. Things that are very challenging to alter (often both in terms of technical knowledge and artistic skill) and can only currently be done by a limited number of modders, such as:

- Improved/expanded graphics (e.g. more spell animations, more diverse monster animations, more diverse attack animations, improved avatars and a greater level of detail over all).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Dee said:

zerckan said:

2- Improved players who wouldn't try to use their lvl40 premades in a new multiplayer run.

You can set this in Permissions > Options from the Character Arbitration screen; just set it so that players always start at level 1 (with or without equipment, at your option).
    Sweet. Never even knew that.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Beetle said:

Finch, Indira and the NPC Project would make the game darn near perfect

@Beetle

I like your choice of mods :-)

@Wilbur be warned, once you make a playthrough using NPC Project, you won't be able to ever play vanilla again lol

@StoneSwords

So true!

That's one of the reasons why I'm still playing BG1Tutu despite having BGEE patched to version 1.2 !!!
  • The Android version is still missing.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Russian translation?
    huh...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Mule72 said:

I think it would be cool if there was some kind of official "No reload" mode.

While I understand the point of that particular challenge mode, is it really worth programming resource time and effort to create something that can be done easily and by any player merely by not reloading? Just asking.

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    More Imoen.

On a serious note all I really feel like is missing from this game is the BG Npc project. It would really make me more willing to play single player game over a full multiplayer game.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I wasn't a fan of the BG npc project. Imoen - She.Just.Would.Not.Shut.Up. Ever.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Promised full support for other language version with dub....
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    How about Hot Coffee, BG style? (not seriously)