Skip to content

Looking for Group

KorialstraszKorialstrasz Member Posts: 30
Hi, I'm just looking for a group of people who would want to play Baldur's gate sometime. Nothing fancy, nothing over complicated. Preferably before BG2: EE so we could import and carry on but that isn't required either. At least 3 People would be nice but the more the merrier, we can decide if we're Good, Neutral, or Evil and which class everyone will play when and if we get a group together.

Comments

• knowwheretorunknowwheretorun Member Posts: 30
    I'd be interested in joining up. I generally play neutral to good but wouldn't be opposed to rolling an evil character if that's the consensus. I also don't have a class preference and usually roll stats that fit an RP play style as opposed to a power gamer (min/max) style.

Send me a message if you're still interested in creating a group to play.
  • KarashiKarashi Member Posts: 38
    I would also like to join. My schedule is pretty flexible and i would like it if we could get something steady going and the import to bg2:ee sounds great. I don't mind making a character that fits any roll.
  • KorialstraszKorialstrasz Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2013
    Great! I'm surprised I got anyone to respond at all, I want to get the players first before we decide on Rolls and Alignment, generally I don't RP but if only RPers want to play I'll sure try to learn. I MinMax a bit but not as much as some other players do I just try for decent stats and a bit above average playing. Really it's the group that makes multiplayer fun, if I wanted to do everything perfect and all my way I'd play single player and avoid the forums. Also when does everyone preferably want start playing?
    Post edited by Korialstrasz on
    I' game to start anytime, my weekend is wide open and i have nothing better to do haha. During the week I am available from 2-8pm -5 EST. Tho if thats a problem i can manage earlier if i get creative with my sleep.
  • SoveriegnSoveriegn Member Posts: 54
    @Korialstrasz Im all good for tomorrow night or tonight. Im a min/maxer and love rolling deathdealers. I dont mind a bit of RP but havent done an awful lot of it so relatively new. I generally play casters/support roles (Mage,Cler/Mage,F/Cler,Thief, etc etc.) Not too fond of hack and slash characters although I dont mind playing a Paladin. I do prefer good aligned parties though.
    edited November 2013
    Alright since we got four different people to respond I'll start shooting some time suggestions for tomorrow, that is if everyone is good to go tomorrow, I'd be available from 12:00pm - 12:00am EST because I have literally nothing to do tomorrow and at worst maybe a minor errand but that shouldn't be anything more than 30 minutes tops.
  • ghettohoodieghettohoodie Member Posts: 50
    Ill play, let me know if you need me.
    edited November 2013
    @ghettohoddie Your #5 so you can come right in take a seat and make yourself comfortable. On the note of that we're filling up if we keep getting more and more people I'll keep in mind of Back up players if one of the original cannot make it during such and such a time we can decide on.

-Edit- Not going out of my way to replace people if it comes to it, heck if I could help other groups spawn up from this thread besides the original that would bring a tear to my eye knowing that I could help other people get together to play a game we can all agree is enjoyable, but at the very least I would like to just be able to play Baldur's gate with some fellow community members.
    I'm in the Seattle area so I'm not sure how smooth the gameplay would be for me or any of you since it appears most of you are on the east coast. I recently tried joining an MP game using the Beamdog client and was unable to connect. We can still try though. I work from 9am to 5pm EST Saturday and Sunday and I have plans after work on Sunday. Outside of that I'm open to playing at any time.

Any thoughts on that?

And is there anyone in my area looking to start a group?
    @knowwheretorun I'd be willing to try if you were still game and everyone else didn't mind. I'd prefer to have it as no Player left behind.

Also @ghettohoodie If you could tell us a time frame you are comfortable to sit down and play for awhile that'd be nice.

On a general note I prefer to have it so we all control 1 character as in no NPCs side for maybe taking their healing pots or other valuables (If we're power gaming) or just so that it's only PCs and not NPCs so nobody has to manage more than "themselves" or their own Character. Also when we go to play I think we should just distribute items on who it benefits most basis, Common sense but based some Pub Multiplayer matches I played earlier I guess it isn't.
    @Korialstrasz Well Im GMT. So 12pm-12amEST is great for me on the weekends. Also I could play 12pm-7pm EST on weekdays if need be. I got nothing on tomorrow. Any idea's on group setup?
    edited November 2013
    I am possibly the worst person at deciding what Class I like to play as my head always twist about with "is this good at endgame?" or is this just a generally good pick or "is this class fun?" so I prefer to keep myself as the guy who will play what the group needs to prevent a head ache but if the rest of the group is the same way I'll generally start as a Multiclass sort of Fighter/Cleric or Thief/Mage to cover a good amount of bases and let others fill in those gaps. I'm also a fan of Paladins and Thieves in general. So sadly I will play anything and still have fun, I know sucks to be me because I can't decide on which I prefer to play, my First World Problem.
    Yes, I'm game to try.

I'd prefer to only control 1 character as well. As far as taking on NPC's to alleviate them of their supplies, It'd depend on the groups play style. I'm not a power gamer so I'd prefer to not mess with NPC's in that way. But that wouldn't keep me from playing if everyone else wants to.
    @knowwheretorun I prefer to take their supplies to make my trip a little more easy but really if nobody else wants to take from the willing than I'm cool with not taking everyone's things. Really it comes down to if we'd even have room in the party for NPCs to even join for us to take their stuff.

I'd also like to point out if anyone uses Custom Portraits, if you could give a source for everyone else to get it so we don't just see the Question mark face on the player Panel to the right during game play. It's just a minor gripe of mine nothing big.
    edited November 2013
    No judgment here =)

Maybe I can email whatever I decide on portrait wise. I still use my old custom portraits edited for vanilla BG because they crop just fine for me in EE.

Any ideas on party composition? If you're going to host, it seems logical that you would choose what character you want to play first. This will set the stage for the rest of us.
    edited November 2013
    @knowwheretorun I don't know about the others but that would be great, I'll give you my email whenever we get the group into contact on something more private and localized so I'm not posting my Email on a Forum, essentially a public place.

Does anyone have Steam and do we want to use some 3rd party Chat program? I don't mind using the in game type chat but I know some people hate it, but if crashing/dropping and ect might be a problem maybe it would be better to at least have skype or something to be able to if not speak to each just type out our issue or if we need to reconnect ect. More opinions would be welcome. Also I've been looking for the Pre-generate character button but is it gone now since v1.2 I was just hoping to get in and fiddle about with some Character types see if I find one I want to play to get the rest of the group brain storming since it looks like nobody has a real preference or at least no one has made a statement on they prefer this or that.

-Edit- Also if we have a preference on Game Difficulty. Are we doing Core rules and turning it down for max HP rolls or just staying on the lower end or just staying on the higher end?
    edited November 2013
    As far as communicating, I don't have hardware on my gaming rig for voice. But I could use my laptop for that. As far as choices Google hangouts is pretty easy to coordinate, at least from my experience. I wonder if I could use my XBOX360 headset through my USB controller via steam.

Anyways, I own the game on Beamdog. I'd buy it on Steam again though to play.

Yeah I pre-generate characters in MP. I like the MC Ranger/Cleric, the MC Cleric/Thief, the DC Swashbuckler/Fighter, the Archer, the Swashbuckler, the Undead Hunter, the Cavalier, the DC Fighter/Mage, the MC Fighter/Mage, The DC Wizard Slayer/Thief, and the Bard. I will literally play whatever I need to fill out the party. I can however just pick what I want to play if that will help get the ball rolling.

I, generally, don't power game. That being said, core rules is fine with me and I don't mind down playing difficulty at level up for max HP if that's what you want to do. My class choice will be specific though if we decide on a higher difficulty than core.
    I'm afraid i don't have access to steam but google hangout or skype would work fine for me.

As far as characters, I have a few pre-generated ones sitting aside that i would not mind playing. I have a Kensai/thief (to be dualed at 6), a MC Ranger/Cleric, a sorcerer, a Blackguard and a Half-Orc Kensai. Any of these would be great but if the group needs anything specific I don't mind making other characters.

And ya, the loss of the pre-gen char button is a bit annoying, it won't even let me export a character in game for some reason. But if you just start a new game and save it you can import from the save file when creating your character so its more or less the same. Just making us do a bit more work haha.
    edited November 2013
    To get the ball rolling I'll play some kind of Cleric, I'll take whichever kit Lathander, Talos, or Helm depending on the Alignment we decide on because there is no reason not to take a Kit if you know what Alignment you want, Or if we need a Tank I'll do Fighter/Cleric. Just Expect me to do some Divine Casting.

-Edit- Granted Helm kind of sucks It's better than nothing.
    edited November 2013
    Im all for using a 3rd party voice. But it'd be better to use skype or Dolby Axon. Both free and easy to use.

As Ive stated before I would like to run a Sorcerer, Mage or Cler/Mage. Any type of caster will do me fine. Even just a straight up Cler. I will also play a Paladin (Any Kit) for some reason I love them....

Difficulty wise it all depends on how confident everyone is in there characters don't wanna go hardcore if there are some players that will just steam in because that wouldnt work lol. I'd probably just stick with standard see how it goes if its too easy step it up so on and so forth.

Alignment wise. Id prefer a good aligned party. Not completely butterfly aura but not running round killing NPCs and helping out Sarevok. But if the group prefers Evil then so it shall be.

My Skype is bhaal89.

-Edit- Also I don't use custom portraits ;)
    edited November 2013
    Okay so it looks like we need another tank. I could build a Swashbuckler DC at 6th to Fighter to supplement Karashi's Kensai/Thief and remain somewhat "tanky". Or I can make an Undead Hunter. Either one is equally attractive to me. If we all stick together through ToB another option interesting to me is a Wizard Slayer DC at 13. I could build the Wizard Slayer as a two-hander/ranger allowing for greater versatility in combat.

I'm erring more towards the Swash/Thief and respectfully call dibs on the STR tome seeing as Karashi's character will start with a Warrior STR modifier, if that's the character I settle on. That is, unless there are others vying for said tome, in which case I'll concede.
    Post edited by knowwheretorun on
    This is starting to look like a decent group setup. Even if nobody else comes forward with a tanky character then we still have a fighter/cleric and the swash/fighter for a nice front line. If we decide we need more then that I have no problems going as the blackguard. But truth be told I am kind of leaning towards the kensai/thief as my preferred character. And with Soveriegn in the back handling the spellcasting we should have all of our bases covered.

And I totally agree that the tome should go to knowwheretorun if we choose this setup, as he would get more than double the dmg bonus i would depending on the stats i roll.
    edited November 2013
    Alright, I do have skype I'll edit my name in once I get the blasted thing to start up :P
    I'm at the point of Fighter/Cleric and if we need a Super Tank I'll be a dwarf and if we need more Melee DPS than I'll be a Half Orc. Although I think if I just roll Dwarf and if no one minds I pick up the Con tom for Regen and super saving throws than we'll be all keen and peachy.

@Soveriegn That idea of difficulty is nice but do we want Max HP rolls where we turn it down just to level up?

-Edit- Also it looks like the majority wants a good Aligned party.
    -Edit 2- Another thought just struck me, I could start as a Fighter and then Dual in Cleric (if we're going to BG2 ect ect) once I hit 13 in Fighter for the extra 1/2 attacks and Grand Mastery. Only if we have enough Divine Spell casting to carry us through BG1 Essentially.
    Sounds like a plan to me. Then I would like to call dibs on Int or Wis book for the Mage. Although I may run Sorcerer just so I can pick the spells as we go rather than finding/buying scrolls. I know what spells I would need so its not like Ill make any mistakes on picking.

@Korialstrasz If thats what you'd like to do it'd sure help me out being a squishy I need all the HP I can get haha.

Are we going to play tonight?
    edited November 2013
    I'll be hosting a game for awhile if anyone wants to pop in then if they can. Fart around making characters while I wait. Password will be Balduring the Gates. I'll be waiting for awhile since I have Baldur's gate open regardless. Game name will be "Come on Forum Users!" or something similar.
    If anyone else wants to join please speak up! We still have room.
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Yes please :) if its not too late
    Should be something like "Come here Forum Users!" or something similar, Password Balduring the Gates.
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    Alas seem to be having trouble connecting to your game :(