Skip to content

Sling + bullet = no crushing/blunt damage (tested only on skeletons)

Hi,

I'm starting an Archer, specialized in bow/sling in order to have both piercing/blunt damages, but something is worrying me.

I can read everywhere on BG1/2 forums that sling/bullet are supposed to do crushing damage, but I just tested it on some skeletons and damages were reduce as if they were of piercing type.

This is not a big deal in BG1, but in BG2 this can become a big problem when fighting Golem/Undead type ennemies which can harshly reduce piercing damages.

Is it a new feature, or is it a bug or am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited November 2013
    Missile weapons have always dealt piercing missile damage, except for the Dwarven Thrower +3 in SoA which does blunt damage.
    Post edited by Flashburn on
  • CenerCener Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2013
    @Flashburn cross-cheked and you are right. Thanks for your answer.
    Strange, I was so sure it was a different type of damages @_o
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Bullets are Missile damage type and always have been, AFAIK.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Flashburn said:

the Dwarven Thrower +3 in SoA which does blunt damage.

Are you sure? It does crushing in melee but from what I can see it does generic missile damage at range.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    nano said:

Are you sure? It does crushing in melee but from what I can see it does generic missile damage at range.

That is my understanding as well. Also note that there is a difference between "missile" and "piercing", they are not the same.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Missile=Arrows, bolts, throwing axes and knives, bullets and thieves' traps.
    Slashing=Swords (long, Two-handed, bastard) Ninja-to, katana.
    Piercing=Washaski, shortswords, daggers, haldbers, spears.
    Crushing=war Hammers, morning stars, mace, staff, flails.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

nano said:

That is my understanding as well. Also note that there is a difference between "missile" and "piercing", they are not the same.
    Yes, looks like I'm wrong from a quick look in InfinityExplorer. The Dwarven Thrower does Missile damage at range, but does Blunt when used in melee.