Skip to content

Karoug's Room

I know Karoug is vulnerable to a limited selection of weapons, and like a derp I sold one of them off (Kondar), so I really need to get the one in the chest behind him when I finally fight him. But I'm playing a solo archer, so can anyone tell me if that chest is locked? And, if it is, what's the difficulty on it? I'm about to start the island, and I need to know if a potion of giant strength will be enough to let me break whatever lock might be there or if I have to take Alora with me so she can sneak in during that fight and get it.

Yes, I know about the dagger, but my archer's melee proficiencies are in long swords and scimitars, so I'm probably going to need both the dagger and the sword to have any prayer.

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Not only is the chest locked, it is also trapped with a trap in front of it.
    Goodluck!
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    It looks like only Alora can save you now.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Couldn't you re-purchase Kondar? You've got to be pretty rich from soloing, I'm sure you can afford it.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    I could, if I remembered where I sold it. If it's not at Sorcerous Sundries I'm pretty much SOL on that one.

The reason I ask about the difficulty of the lock is that, the way I see it, if I got through Durlag's Tower without Alora and just eating trap damage or absorbing it with buffs, I can walk through the two traps in Karoug's room. But that won't help if I can't open the chest.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Ok, I just charged through everything and ran to the chest, and it's not locked. So hopefully that helps any other soloers in the future.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Delvarian said:

It looks like only Alora can save you now.

As per usual. ;)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Madhax said:

Couldn't you re-purchase Kondar? You've got to be pretty rich from soloing, I'm sure you can afford it.

If he's already on the island, he can't leave until Karoug is dead. If he wants to repurchase Kondar, he'd have to start over from a save before going to the island, then do the island all over again.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Awong124 said:

If he's already on the island, he can't leave until Karoug is dead. If he wants to repurchase Kondar, he'd have to start over from a save before going to the island, then do the island all over again.

Mmm... No.
    He can still attack the village and confront the leader to escape the island.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Awong124 said:

Madhax said:

He said he hadn't started the island yet, that's why he's preparing. I know Karoug is a road block, though as SpaceInvader said there are still work-arounds.