Skip to content

So, I'm gonna call it:

Hexxat's "mysterious master" is Baeloth, and the relics you're collecting are meant to help him regain his powers.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    haha I don't think so but I like where you're going with it! I always imagined it would be some nefarious, otherworldly being... now let's check our lore.. what super-powerful beings like to hoard treasures and are more often than not evil.. hehe i'll give you a hint, they're scaly. she is evil/CN after all and we saw that even 'Good' guys like Y can get sucked in..

I think Baeloth was put there more for comedic intent and also to somehow link BP to the main game, however tenuous that link was. I liked him as a character and he obviously has incredible, borderline broken stats but he somehow just doesn't fit into the BG2 story if you ask me.. you could however be very well right so we'll just wait and see. That way there could be some crazy confrontation in the underdark if hexxat is with you and Baeloth shows up!
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...has noone thought of the possibility that the "relics" aren't really items, but people?
    Yea, we got Yoshimo...a Bounty Hunter that was to deceive you and bring you to Irenicus.

Maybe Hecks-at is supposed to bring CHARNAME to ... Dinkle Littlebottom, the real head of Amnish Underworld!
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    yes! and she has a Hex spell on her (see what I did there) that will blow her brains out, or worse, turn her into Garrick, if she doesn't go along with it.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    I hope they really play up the connection between Baldur's Gate and the Black Pits, so maybe I'll feel a bit more motivated to want to play TBP. Interest is minimal to play a separate, small set of side battles.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    I like to hate Baeloth, and thats a sign of a GREAT voice actor.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    I actually like Baeloth oddly enough, his showman's voice can be a bit annoying though.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    marceror said:

I hope they really play up the connection between Baldur's Gate and the Black Pits, so maybe I'll feel a bit more motivated to want to play TBP. Interest is minimal to play a separate, small set of side battles.

I doubt you can consider lvl40 battles against demiliches and what have you small.

They will be grand, let there be no doubt about that.

(note: I'm not good at alliteration or I would have baelothed this post right out)
    Okay, let me rephrase then:

I hope they really play up the connection between Baldur's Gate and the Black Pits, so maybe I'll feel a bit more motivated to want to play TBP. Interest is minimal to play a separate, SHORT set of side battles.

I dubiously doubt, you can curiously consider crafting a crossing debilitating dance with lavishly leveled liches and what have you simply small.

They will be great, grand, glorious and ground-shattering. No stupid simpleton would surmise to deviously dispute this.

(note: There you go @CoryNewb)
    @SouthPaw :,) thanks bud
    Southpaw said:

I dubiously doubt, you can curiously consider crafting a crossing debilitating dance with lavishly leveled liches and what have you simply small.

They will be great, grand, glorious and ground-shattering. No stupid simpleton would surmise to deviously dispute this.

(note: There you go @CoryNewb)

That's why I replaced the word small with short! ;)
    Now you are going to make him do another great baeloth impersonation about how LONG the 15-20 delicious battles will be? ;)
    Your belittling benign brain can not frenetically fathom the scale of the grandiose, greasy grape...gross...grabbing...grr ...
    ... I give up!
    So, I'm going to call it. Hexxat is working for the Twisted Ruin and they decided to actually add that plot to the game! :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited November 2013
    It's a good idea (thank you for a chance to consider) but personally I don't think so. As Liam Esler has mentioned here, "Baeloth won't be making an appearance in BGII:EE".

I think it means we won't even hear about him in BG2:EE. The Devs have constantly distanced BG2:EE from Baeloth. For i.e., Trent Oster in an interview with RPG Gamer said (in regards to the 4th new NPC): "And no, it's not Baeloth. He's busy".

One of the most powerful wizards is busy. Hmm. And we have Gladiators of Thay where apparently magic plays an important role.

I think Baeloth will concentrate on this Thay Black Pits 2 embodying his previously gained experience. And powerful master of Hexxat will be somebody else.

Besides, what's the point of using a thief while you can subordinate the most poweful monsters?

Another reason for me is Baeloth at first even was not in BG:EE. He's been added there only later, completely as a small present to all of us who waited the delay of the game release. So, Baeloth was not planned for BG:EE reference. I think the 4th new NPC has been in the works right from the start of BG:EE project. The Devs spoke about this NPC when BG1:EE was not even released. And by the 4th new NPC that has been in the works I mean not only his (ahm, her) stats and abilities but (and even more) quests also, her past, her place in the world of BG2:EE and so on.

So, to the moment Baeloth was introduced to BG:EE as an ester-egg, Hexxat probably already had her story more or less settled. And as a result, her master was defined as well.
  • FistandantilusFistandantilus Member Posts: 12
    think i've missed a trick. where do we see that Hexxat is relic hunting?

think i've missed a trick. where do we see that Hexxat is relic hunting?

No idea, I guess these guys already downloaded BG2EE.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831

A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe.

From the BG2EE main page: baldursgateii.com
  • FistandantilusFistandantilus Member Posts: 12
    cheers lads