Skip to content

#6345 [MULTIPLAYER] - Pre-Generate Character button missing

eroseros Member Posts: 5
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Ever since I installed the new patch I have been unable to access the pre-generate character screen that was under the multiplayer header. I noticed a couple of posts about this but none of them were answered. No other option in the game seems to duplicate the lost functionality, of being able to export a character into a character file once completed without launching a new game. Can someone tell me how to access this with the new patch changes? Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @eros, is this still an issue for you? I have not been able to replicate this issue, the pre-generated character screen appears fine for me.
  • eroseros Member Posts: 5
    @Troodon80, thanks for getting back to me. Yes it is still a problem, I have the ability to select pre-generated characters when starting a new game but no longer any ability to create them to export.
    @eros, do you mean export a character during character creation, or do you mean you cannot select a character you made and exported from the pre-generated character screen? If the latter, then as far as I am aware, there are two buttons to the right hand side. Previously, you could drag and the list would move up or down—this was replaced with the two buttons.
    @Troodon80, yes selecting characters already made is not the issue, but like you said I can no longer export during creation, and have no idea where this option was relocated to.
    edited December 2013
    @eros, after looking at some of the earlier versions of both BG:EE and BG2:EE, as well as the original BG2 game, I cannot see any sign of an Export option during character creation. Only 'Import' is available.
    @Troodon80. Thanks for looking into this. This option was only available when selecting "Pre-Generate Character" under the multiplayer header, which replaced the 'import' option when creating a character with 'export' instead. It was still present in all previous builds of BGEE (and of course originally in BG/BG2), but is missing for me and others only since the 1.2 patch.
    edited December 2013
    I thought you were referring to the list of pre-generated characters, I have no idea why as you clearly stated it was the button in the title... I was looking at the wrong thing. :-)

That issue has been reported as #6345. Tagging @SethDavis for good measure (because I have no idea who else to tag about that).