Skip to content

Dorn's quest (POSSIBLE BGII:EE SPOILER!)

2»

Comments

• FanagaardFanagaard Member Posts: 5
    I have had the exact same problem but Dorn is lvl 14 and it is a lot more than a week that has passed since the wedding, also there is no mention of it in the questlog only in the journal.
    Ps: I know it is just released and i am in no way the slightest angry on the cool people that has made this game a reality.
    Cheers.
  • TolkienBardTolkienBard Member Posts: 13
    I realize this is an old thread, but it is the only one I can find that describes this problem. I slaughtered the wedding guests rather early in the game and then nothing happened (other than Dorn continuing to try and romance my male character for some reason). I just went with it, expecting that there would be "visits" of some sort later, much like with Hexxat and Neera, but nothing. Now I've all but finished Athkatla, and still nothing is happening. I'd really rather not re-play the entire Athkatla part of the game just to trigger this though. I love the game, but I'm not exactly ready to re-hash what I just spent the last week already knocking out. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Viconia romance and getting into ToB where things get even more evil and hairy.

So, is there any solution for this? Is there a setting that can be adjusted in the keeper or through the console that will trigger the rest of this?
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    @TolkienBard I think you need to get outside Athkatla for Dorn to continue on. There is a follow-up in the form that Dorn starts talking about Ur-Gothoz giving him a new assignment, killing a certain paladin. Finish a few levels of WK or something like that.

Just finished all of Dorn's SoA-quests, looking forward to ToB.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I'm running two concurrent but identically composed parties at the moment following different alignment/quest lines in order to see how different I can make the game. Both have just reached Brynnlaw (by different means) but Dorn's quest line has only progressed beyond the Athkatla Wedding Massacre in one of them.

In other words, both parties have roughly the same amount of game time/XP/levels etc. but only one of them has been to Resurrection Gorge and that was only because of a random choice: Purely on a whim the chaotic 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' party stopped of for a pint or six at the pub by the city gates before departing on a quest - most of you will know what happened next but afterwards, when they left the pub, they got seriously side-tracked.

Now I'm starting to think that the party of dysfunctional idiots are in a better situation, as I've read in another thread somewhere that the continuation of Dorn's quest can trigger while he's on Brynnlaw which would be somewhat problematic - time will tell.
  • gustavojunggustavojung Member Posts: 21
    hi guys,

i'm in the temple of helm looking for telwin and as soon as dorn sees him (and the party it's "transported" in his room) telwin disappears.

is that a bug? what can i do?
    @Yannir Well, I'm just about to head into WK as it is. I like knocking out the first 2-3 levels before finally heading on to Brynnlaw, especially when I am playing an evil group like I am. It's just that, of all the new NPCs, Dorn is the only one I have not actually seen through before. I've had him in my crew from time-to-time, but I never played on as the "all evil, all the time" group since his introduction.

Having a group of Korgan, Dorn, Viconia, Edwin, and Haer, plus myself as a fighter-thief has been a load of fun though. We slice through everything. But I've been disappointed with the development so far since the Dorn stuff has been non-existent for the most part. I accepted him and his quest into the party. He ported us to the Radiant Heart HQ. I got all of two or three lines of dialogue about not knowing about a wedding, then we slaughtered the entire wedding in about 30 seconds of real-world time. Dorn didn't say anything when we were done. Nothing happened. We just stood around in an empty hall that had been all prettied-up. I've gone back several times since then to see if anything changes - after doing the thieve's guild, after doing D'Arnise Hold, after doing Valygar and the Planar Sphere, heck, I even did the entire Hexxat storyline as well, and in all that time, nothing has come of assaulting the wedding.

Hexxat is "free", Viconia and CHARNAME have knocked boots already, but Dorn is just the guy tagging along to thump mages - really, really hard.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @Tolkienbard I think the next stage of Dorn's quest only kicks in when he reaches a certain level (12?).
    dunbar said:

@Tolkienbard I think the next stage of Dorn's quest only kicks in when he reaches a certain level (12?).

Apparently this is the case. I am now very, very glad that I took a detour through WK before going to Spellhold. About 30 seconds after entering WK, Dorn hit level 12 and the instant I accepted his level up, his quest dialogue kicked in. I'm more or less enjoying Dorn, especially his interactions with various NOCs, but if I have one complaint, it is that the pacing of the information for his quest line seems to me to be poorly handled. This is especially so since, when slaughtering first the wedding, and then the encampment, Dorn doesn't bother to even comment that his patron is now pleased or something. In fact, Dorn says nothing at all, the game just rolls along. Even something simple, just one line of dialogue or something to let the player know that the quest is moving along would be oh so helpful.

I'm nearly finished with my evil run through where I keep Dorn around the entire time now. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out in TOB. I am torn though, I usually like having Sarevok in TOB for evil plays, but with Dorn and Korgan in my group, and with me being a fighter/thief, I may have to go Sarevok-free this time through.