Skip to content

What happened to Vhailor's Helm?

Why was this of all things changed? Am I missing something because I don't see the need for this particular change. It was much better as a skull imo.

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Consistency? Vhailor's helmet didn't actually look like a skull:

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    @Shawne thanks for the info. I still haven't played Torment. I always assumed he was the skull.

Still it's not much closer to this than the skull was either.

• Tola_ZagniyTola_Zagniy Member Posts: 26
    Ok, someone has thought of how to add it to the game?
    I would appreciate any ideas or knowledge about the location of files in the BG: EE
    edited May 2014
    Items -> WA2HELM (Here it is... helmet of Vhailor)

Digging I found the following:
    Image 1 Helm 24 (what is displayed in the inventory)
    GHELM01 earth picture
    picture provided CHELM04 (not displayed) logic says in favor of what is a file illustration. That's what I want to change.
    Inventory ID and finally something with a value of J3
    And here he is, he in all its glory))

Well, now I can formulate the problem - how to replace the icon for the desired helmet?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264

Ok, someone has thought of how to add it to the game?
    I would appreciate any ideas or knowledge about the location of files in the BG: EE

@Tola_Zagniy All you should have to do is drop the file for chelm04 into your BG2:EE override folder. Be warned that this will change the appearance of the Skull of Death too... Alternatively you could just put the vBG2 file for Vhailor's Helm in your BG2:EE override folder to make it look like it used to.
    edited May 2014
    Whatever it was gone, I will continue their efforts and share the results here.
    Tresset - thank you!
    tOo
    edited May 2014
    So - I've updated the "portrait" of a helmet, and used the old file ITM.
    During work, I carefully studied the original arts and noticed that the helmet of Vhailor not beige, but rather the color of steel. Is it possible to wean the old file from the old ITM animation?

Inside archive a new version of the portrait and ITM file. It works (I checked it out beforehand), and I want to believe someone will find it enjoyable. =)

Post edited by Tola_Zagniy on
    Remembering about Vhailor tOo
    And the solution was found!
    The second version of the helmet with color correction!)))
    Well, of course, that all the references have been carefully removed! Admins of this forum, you break my heart)

Well, ok, maybe they are not removed but anyway Terezi can not download them, and this makes me sad.
    Terezi, thank you that you drew my attention to it! I am interested in this work too!
    I have to apologize when I reinstalled the system and began to restore the game, and found that I mixed up the work files of items in the previous build. Fix BAM file, I hope this is still relevant.