Skip to content

Dorn and Anoman question (spoilers)

BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
I have Annoman in my party with the intent to turn him CN but i also want Dorn, since my assassin considers dorn his BFF :P but when i tried picking dorn up annomen attacked him. (for justice woo!) if i wait for Annomen to turn cn will this change or is it always going to happen?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2013
    I believe his trial should affect whether or not Anomen attacks Dorn. However right now there is a bug where he attacks immediately upon you picking Dorn up.

Edit: Corrected.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Sorry Baxyratty I think I was wrong at first (I've corrected the post).
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    I agree that Anomens trial should affect this as a neutral Anomen would probably be far more lenient to Dorn than how Anomen starts the game.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    GemHound said:

I agree that Anomens trial should affect this as a neutral Anomen would probably be far more lenient to Dorn than how Anomen starts the game.

After all Dorn made what Anomen wanted when he was expelled from the halls in disgrace.

It's complicate, but maybe the main char could convince Anomen (lying) that the priest inside is a corrupt one and the family in the wed has somehow a link with that family that has a feud with his own family. This could keep both lawful neutral and chaotic neutral anomen from attack Dorn
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    And there i was hoping for a mod that changed him into Rastafarian warrior...
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    You cannot take Dorn and Anomen or Dorn and Keldorn in the same party together; this is by design, and is not a bug.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    LiamEsler said:

You cannot take Dorn and Anomen or Dorn and Keldorn in the same party together; this is by design, and is not a bug.

@LiamEsler ah thank you!
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Makes sence opposing viewpoints and all that plus there god probably wants dorn dead but I think it should be more like bg were they travel with you making snide comments until one gets pissed and kills the other
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    While we're at it - can you have Mazzy with Hexxat and Dorn in one team? I'm still torn between having Carsomyr in the party or a decent thief who isn't Jansen (this guy annoys me like Jar Jar Binks). Having Mazzy as a consolation prize would be great :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Lathlaer said:

While we're at it - can you have Mazzy with Hexxat and Dorn in one team? I'm still torn between having Carsomyr in the party or a decent thief who isn't Jansen (this guy annoys me like Jar Jar Binks). Having Mazzy as a consolation prize would be great :)

No, Mazzy will not get along with Hexxat.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Ok thinking things through again anomen suggests we go back into the order and kill them all after he fails his test so yeah I think anomen should like dorn after he turns neutral
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Chaotic Neutral Anomen has issues. He still thinks he's following Helm, for one thing, when Helm won't give spells to the chaotic neutral. (I've always wanted to write a mod that dealt with Anomen having to find and turn to a new god, but: it would be an Anomen mod. Would anyone in the world care?) Chaotic Neutral Anomen seems to like to think he's still righteous and great, it's all those stuffy paladins who are wrong and horrible and rejected him. So I can see him still not tolerating Dorn, because Anomen the Righteous (ly Chaotic Neutral) shouldn't tolerate such a beast.

On the other hand, it would be more fun if he would. All Dorn does is what Anomen wanted to do all along, really.
    now that Dorn's incompatibilities are solved, can someone tell me if Hexxat and Jaheira or Cernd (druids) are compatible?
  • keltarkingkeltarking Member Posts: 53
    I can confirm Anomen still goes ape on Dorn after turning CN, which I think is complete bull.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    kamuizin said:

now that Dorn's incompatibilities are solved, can someone tell me if Hexxat and Jaheira or Cernd (druids) are compatible?

They are.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    What is the point in the design then of having Anomen loose his marbles if it can't alter his behaviour with regards to the other side of the playing field? This leaves it less likely that I'll use Dorn ever and leaves a pretty cool scenario in the dust. I'm not understanding this clearly but am reminded how much I detest some of the NPC's heh ...

Jalily said:

kamuizin said:

They are.

Isn't Hexxat a deny of everything that Cernd believe? I can see Jaheira accepting her somehow (very hardly) but Cernd should surely go crazy with her around.

While the devs build the excuse that Hexxat hide her vampire status well which is at least unbeliavable (and what i personally think that's bullshit), as Forgotten Realms aren't Vampire: The masquerade where vampires can easly merge with human society, so paladins, clerics very untrust people that the party meet (which means about 80% of ppl the party meet) and other magical beings should see straight Hexxat Behavior and act accord.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    *blinks*

Hexxat doesn't hide her vampirism status in the least bit, at least not from other party members! Haven't you witnessed some of the banters?!

The ones between her, Dorn, and Viconia are IMHO epic! Oh, and I think I remember one or two between Hexxat and Neera as well. All did either direct mention her bloodsucking ways, or eventually referred to them.

Jaheira definitely doesn't like Hexxat, but tolerates her presence. I haven't tried Cernd, and I don't know what sort of banters come up between those two, so I really cannot say what he thinks.
    WebShaman said:

*blinks*

Hexxat doesn't hide her vampirism status in the least bit, at least not from other party members! Haven't you witnessed some of the banters?!

The ones between her, Dorn, and Viconia are IMHO epic! Oh, and I think I remember one or two between Hexxat and Neera as well. All did either direct mention her bloodsucking ways, or eventually referred to them.

Jaheira definitely doesn't like Hexxat, but tolerates her presence. I haven't tried Cernd, and I don't know what sort of banters come up between those two, so I really cannot say what he thinks.

Reviving, sorry for the long time to answer @Webshaman, didn't saw the replu.

I don't like Hexxat banters, the one with Korgan appears to be taken from a twilight movie, Korgan get excited to fight Demogorgon, but cover in fear from a vampire chick threat? I think not.
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Wish you could have Dorn and Anomen in a party after Anomen turns cn :(
    Madrict said:

Wish you could have Dorn and Anomen in a party after Anomen turns cn :(

Make all the sense.
    Do you think there is any chance of them changing it in the future so we can have Dorn and CN Anomen in the same party?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    @Madrict
    LiamEsler said:

You cannot take Dorn and Anomen in the same party together; this is by design

I guess the chances of making Dorn and CN Anomen in the same party available are low if that was a design thing.
    Argh, bit disappointed about that, I like them both. Not sure why it was a design decision? Doesn't make sense to me if Anomen is CN, would actually add to his transformation.
    Madrict said:

Argh, bit disappointed about that, I like them both. Not sure why it was a design decision? Doesn't make sense to me if Anomen is CN, would actually add to his transformation.

They're not best buddies, as Anomen like hipocrisy and Dorn is blunt in his evil. But CN anomen would have nothing against Dorn besides disdain. As he act with Edwin. So, CN Anomen would feel him as tolerable company if not the best.