Skip to content

[DUPE 6568] Watcher's Keep?

GeLLieGeLLie Member Posts: 22
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
[Multiplayer game]

Well, I decided that I was gonna go to Watcher's Keep, after running out of arrows a couple of times, for the unlimited arrow item. Unfortunately, Watcher's Keep, fails to display on map. :(

http://i.imgur.com/bwxmOaR.jpg
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• NaxterraNaxterra Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2013
    I don't have Watcher's Keep on my map either. But I didn't try multiplayer, it is missing on single player
  • TiddlesTiddles Member Posts: 7
    I was just about to start a thread on this too. I have the same problem in single player. Just started chapter 3 and there's no sign of the Watcher's Keep map icon.

I tried a few things to coax it into existence. Doing CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3000") takes me there but it still doesn't appear on the map, even if I try to travel from the map edge. I rigged up a player AI script to do RevealAreaOnMap("AR3000") on a hotkey (and HideAreaOnMap("AR3000") on another for good measure), and I get a notification that the world map has been updated, but still no Watcher's Keep icon.

As another test, I started a new game, and as soon as I get control in Irenicus's dungeon, the world map already shows Watcher's Keep. I don't know whether this was true of my current game, and it has disappeared since, or whether it never showed up in the first place - I don't have any saves that far back. Interestingly, the script to hide and show the Watcher's Keep map icon does work as expected on the new save, which maybe suggests something else is going on in the broken game?

I did have a few crashes early on, and I wonder if a quick or auto save was going on at the time that ended up corrupting the saved map before the consequences were any more severe, but I don't recall any crashes around saving or loading any saves right at the point of a crash.

Any ideas how I can get the keep back onto my map? I'd rather not restart or have to console travel there all the time!

Cheers.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It shows up for me; are you on Mac or PC?
  • GeLLieGeLLie Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2013
    PC.

As Tiddles, I don't have a earlier save, so can't tell if it was there earlier or not. In a different previous game I started, Watcher's Keep is available though.
    Post edited by GeLLie on
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Confirmed, missing for me as well. Single player, Mac version.
  • ZakathBCZakathBC Member Posts: 7
    The same for me. It is missing in both my single and my multi player games. Both are in chapter 2. I'm on a PC.
    PC for me too.

I continued my test new game through to chapter 2, and the icon is still present - I can visit it as soon as I've spoken to Gaelan Bayle as expected. I'm pretty sure the icon wasn't there at this point in my main playthrough as I probably would've been tempted to visit!
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    ive gathered, and not 100% yet, that it happens when you import a character from a BG1:EE SAVE GAME, and not the character file, then it doesnt show. might even show for "final save" imports, but i havent tried that yet....
  • GeLLieGeLLie Member Posts: 22
    I didn't import any game..
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2013
    Missing for me as well, imported a character from a character file, not a saved game.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    I'm missing Watcher's Keep in my single player game as well. Playing on a Windows 8 64 bit system.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Win7, installed via stand-alone installer, multiplayer game with six characters imported from character files. Watcher's Keep does not appear on my map, and has not appeared since the very beginning. I have not had any problems with crashes.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    i have it , already from the beginning. hmm strange.
  • DoveDeDomoPhoenixDoveDeDomoPhoenix Member Posts: 18
    Same problem. Running on win7 64bit. Went back to my earliest save (right after speaking with Gaelan Bayle) and it still didn't appear on the map. Was about to use MoveToArea to get there but like the earlier poster leaving did not put the area on my map.
  • XmordXmord Member Posts: 4
    same here imported PC from BG1 EE final save, running a win 7 64 bit pc, no Watcher's keep on the map
  • XmordXmord Member Posts: 4
    starting a new TOB game and importing my char that I took from BG1 EE and into BG2 EE (just started not finished BG2), I can see the Watcher's keep on the world map while in the starting area. Is this a bug with Watcher's keep position on the map? Eg is it too far south under the mountains and therefore not visible from the SOA campaign?
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    I don't believe that's the cause of this problem. I've created a new single-player game of SoA with a new character and Watcher's Keep was visible on the map. The problem is probably something like the routine that adds it to the map isn't triggering in certain circumstances.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Win8, imported char file, no Watcher's Keep.
  • NaxterraNaxterra Member Posts: 10
    My game was a fresh start but I didn't have Watcher's Keep
  • MalbanMalban Member Posts: 25
    I was wondering about this! I assumed I was misremembering it being available so early, and I was bummed a potion case wasn't added to SoA as a result.

Imported via character file. Windows 7 64 bit.

Checked a save at the beginning of Chapter 2 and it isn't visible there either, leading me to believe it never showed up.

Hope this gets resolved soon, it is a hassle micromanaging all these potions.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Yes, Win 7 64-bit, I imported a character file from BG:EE and no Watcher's Keep. I imported a save file from BG:EE and Watcher's Keep is available from the beginning. That is annoying
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Tiddles said:

I was just about to start a thread on this too. I have the same problem in single player. Just started chapter 3 and there's no sign of the Watcher's Keep map icon.

I tried a few things to coax it into existence. Doing CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3000") takes me there but it still doesn't appear on the map, even if I try to travel from the map edge. I rigged up a player AI script to do RevealAreaOnMap("AR3000") on a hotkey (and HideAreaOnMap("AR3000") on another for good measure), and I get a notification that the world map has been updated, but still no Watcher's Keep icon.

As another test, I started a new game, and as soon as I get control in Irenicus's dungeon, the world map already shows Watcher's Keep. I don't know whether this was true of my current game, and it has disappeared since, or whether it never showed up in the first place - I don't have any saves that far back. Interestingly, the script to hide and show the Watcher's Keep map icon does work as expected on the new save, which maybe suggests something else is going on in the broken game?

I did have a few crashes early on, and I wonder if a quick or auto save was going on at the time that ended up corrupting the saved map before the consequences were any more severe, but I don't recall any crashes around saving or loading any saves right at the point of a crash.

Any ideas how I can get the keep back onto my map? I'd rather not restart or have to console travel there all the time!

Cheers.

@Tiddles So when you used the Console to go to Watcher's Keep, did everything seem to be working right ok or was it buggy? I'm having the same problem but it'll be later tonight before I can try to use the Console to warp there.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    I teleported there with console and found no other issues. Completed level 1, went to 2, chatted with the chromatic deamon and left him to rot some more till I' m back in ToB. Most items now AFAIR need Cespenar for upgrading so I will do it only then, don't want to lug all that stuff around...
    Yep, pretty much the same for me - everything worked just fine once I got there, apart from starting on the roof (which is just ugly, it doesn't cause an issue). I finished the first two levels, snagged Purifier from level 3, then ran away to finish the rest when I'm more powerful!
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    I'm playing single player on a Mac. I imported my final save from bgee and I don't see watcher's keep on the map. Jumping to the area with CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3000") and then exiting doesn't make it show up on the map. If I make a new game I can see watcher's keep just fine.
  • MalbanMalban Member Posts: 25
    It shows up just fine on another playthrough in which I created a character from scratch. I checked the global variables on the save that does have it and there wasn't anything for Watcher's Keep, so I'm assuming that's not where it is stored.

I'd prefer to not use CLUA to get there if possible. Any update on this? @jalily @dee
  • AbsynthyneAbsynthyne Member Posts: 3
    Same problem for me. BG1:EE imported Final Save and running on Windows 8 64-bit. Any word on a fix or why this is happening?
  • mayhemmayhem Member Posts: 7
    Same here. Totally new game, win7 64-bit. In wife's game it shows just fine, not for me.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Well.. very weird, here, no problem with that either (*relieved*) ;
    brand new game (import from bg1ee), first thing checked in Irenicus dungeon; the map (-->general map) : the WK is well there besides the little ship.. happily for me (i intend to pay a very quick early visit for lv1 too^).
    pc / v1.2.2030 / win x86/32b
  • AzamathAzamath Member Posts: 18
    Someone who used cheats to go to Watcher's Keep may tell me how to do this?
    I opened the Documents/Baldurs Gate - Enhanced Edition/baldur.ini file but there was no line "Debug Mode" so I don't know what to do next.
    Attaching content of my Baldur.ini file for reference.