Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

CLUA Console for BG2EE

Not super important, but I was wondering if the CLUA console can be turned on in Baldur's gate 2 enhanced edition. I'm running windows 8 and found the Baldur.ini file in My Documents, but am not sure if it's possible to add a line to turn on the CLUA console

Gonor_The_Great
«13

Comments

  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Add the following line to your baldur.ini file, then hit Ctrl+Space in game to bring up the console. You'll have to restart the game (I think) after adding the line.

    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

    arnster
  • BazzylBazzyl Member Posts: 2
    Hello. I tried adding the line "'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'," without the outside quotation marks; and the game would not reopen. So, I moved the line and the game opened, but the Console would not open with Ctrl + Space.

    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,

    Thanks.

  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    not working right fo me so far... where does that line need to go? anywhere specific? and is that line you posted accurate? like EXACTLY what we need to add in? i just want to use it to get to watcher keep dammit, lol

  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    put it in and it started up fine this time, but now im having the same problem as Bazzyl, console not opening... grrr

  • needsmoarhamstersneedsmoarhamsters Member Posts: 30
    Does anyone have a list of new or changed commands for BG2EE yet? I came here to ask a similar question, but I do have the console working fine on my game.

    I have the console working fine after adding the following to baldur.ini:

    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

    You probably need to put it in the correct part of the file, under the line that reads:

    INSERT INTO options ROWS (

    Also I don't know if it mattered for BG2, but using the correct spacing commands may be important for the EE. Use 'Tab' to separate each part of the command.

    GreenEnergy
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited November 2013
    I got the console to work by scanning down to the part of the file where Program Options starts to show up. I put 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', at the beginning of that section (and in Windows 8 I added a tab after the last comma to keep the separation.

    When I originally put "'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'," in the area where game options shows up, the console would not open.

    I hate that I'm doing this at all, but I'm not about to miss out on Watcher's Keep, which for whatever reason doesn't show on my game map.

  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 812
    I can't get this to work either, no matter where I put the line 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

    If anybody can help please reply here or PM me thanks

  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 671
    You need to use an editor better than notepad for it to work. Wording and spaces must be strictly followed. Use Wordpad, or an alternative text editor such as Notepad++ to edit the Baldur.ini file.
    Copy and paste this
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    just after line "INSERT INTO options ROWS (". Pay attention to copy the space part before 'Program Options' too. There must a tab at the beginning of the line and after the comma in between quoted parts.

    Position of the line is not that important, although it must be between the initial "INSERT INTO..." and before the line preceeding the ending ");". Note that the last line before ");" doesn't have a final comma, so you need to insert the given line before that line without ending comma.

    JuliusBorisovCantabrpgmachineGary_Gygax
  • BazzylBazzyl Member Posts: 2
    That worked, thank you very much :)

  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 203
    So I got it and I'm trying to move to the bridge district cuz I'm stuck in the planer prison and it wont let me says this. cluaindex expression not a table then active stack active stack

    sledgefang
  • Agent101gAgent101g Member Posts: 3
    also having this exact problem, the console opens but none of the CLUACONSOLE commands work, it just says active stack active stack :(

  • Agent101gAgent101g Member Posts: 3
    Okay, just got mine to work by deleting the bg2ee ini file and replacing it with a copy of my bg1ee ini.
    If you have working console on bg1ee, just copy that ini file to overwrite your bg2ee one. Might wanna back it up first, but this worked for me. No more active stacks :P

  • CantabCantab Member Posts: 56
    edited November 2013
    Isaya said:

    You need to use an editor better than notepad for it to work. Wording and spaces must be strictly followed. Use Wordpad, or an alternative text editor such as Notepad++ to edit the Baldur.ini file.
    Copy and paste this
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    just after line "INSERT INTO options ROWS (". Pay attention to copy the space part before 'Program Options' too. There must a tab at the beginning of the line and after the comma in between quoted parts.

    Position of the line is not that important, although it must be between the initial "INSERT INTO..." and before the line preceeding the ending ");". Note that the last line before ");" doesn't have a final comma, so you need to insert the given line before that line without ending comma.

    Legend stuff mate, you just saved my game, couldn't get the console to work until I c/p your code. Needed to add in the quest item 'Kurtulmak's Crystal Shard' as it was bugged out. cheers.

  • kl3mkl3m Member Posts: 32
    it does not work for me, I see the message
    C: CreateItem ("Ax1h07")
    that appears in the console and that's it ...

  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,666
    kl3m said:

    it does not work for me, I see the message
    C: CreateItem ("Ax1h07")
    that appears in the console and that's it ...

    C:CreateItem("Ax1h07")

    You can't have spaces

    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakProont
  • sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
    With Clua console i can add items right? I forgot to get gauntlets of ogre might and the key for the sewers. I dont know how to get those using clua

  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,666

    With Clua console i can add items right? I forgot to get gauntlets of ogre might and the key for the sewers. I dont know how to get those using clua

    Gauntlet's of Ogre Power

    C:CreateItem("Brac06")


    Key to the sewers

    C:CreateItem("Key29")


    Presuming of course you have edited the baldur.ini file so you can use the console.

    sledgefangJuliusBorisov
  • sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
    elminster said:

    With Clua console i can add items right? I forgot to get gauntlets of ogre might and the key for the sewers. I dont know how to get those using clua

    Gauntlet's of Ogre Power

    C:CreateItem("Brac06")


    Key to the sewers

    C:CreateItem("Key29")


    Presuming of course you have edited the baldur.ini file so you can use the console.
    Thank you

    elminster
  • sledgefangsledgefang Member Posts: 42
    Yay it worked!!. It doesnt mess up the game right? So far it is working just fine

  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,666
    Everything should be fine :)

    JuliusBorisov
  • MidmanMidman Member Posts: 2
    I installed OSX Mavericks and now the CLUAConsole will not respond when I type "control space". The mod to the Baldur.ini file is absolutely correct, but still it will not work. Also, all saved games and info was lost! Anyone got any ideas?

  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,247
    edited December 2013
    And it worked before Mavericks?

  • SlandeSlande Member Posts: 23
    Has anyone gotten the C:SetCurrentXP function to work in BG2EE? I needed to test something out the other day and couldn't get it working, I've used it tons of time in vanilla for testing purposes (I could also use EEKeeper or similar, but then I'd have to leave the game).
    I tried C:SetCurrentXP("1000000") both with and without the quotation marks "", to no avail

  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 123
    Just to point it out - EEKeeper works fine with the game open. So you'd just have to save and alt+tab it.

  • SlandeSlande Member Posts: 23
    Aha, I always thought programs like that needed the savegame-file to be safely tucked away and not used. Interesting!

  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Midman said:

    I installed OSX Mavericks and now the CLUAConsole will not respond when I type "control space". The mod to the Baldur.ini file is absolutely correct, but still it will not work. Also, all saved games and info was lost! Anyone got any ideas?

    I posted this in a different thread but it might be whats affecting you...

    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26822/just-a-psa-in-case-anyone-else-spends-two-days-trying-to-get-the-console-working#latest

    With language packs installed on Windows, CTRL+Space was the hotkey to switch languages, and it was getting caught by the OS to do that so the game never registered it. Check to see if something is doing the same for you...

  • misteridmisterid Member Posts: 39
    Cantab said:

    Isaya said:

    You need to use an editor better than notepad for it to work. Wording and spaces must be strictly followed. Use Wordpad, or an alternative text editor such as Notepad++ to edit the Baldur.ini file.
    Copy and paste this
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    just after line "INSERT INTO options ROWS (". Pay attention to copy the space part before 'Program Options' too. There must a tab at the beginning of the line and after the comma in between quoted parts.

    Position of the line is not that important, although it must be between the initial "INSERT INTO..." and before the line preceeding the ending ");". Note that the last line before ");" doesn't have a final comma, so you need to insert the given line before that line without ending comma.

    Legend stuff mate, you just saved my game, couldn't get the console to work until I c/p your code. Needed to add in the quest item 'Kurtulmak's Crystal Shard' as it was bugged out. cheers.
    For the record, you do not need a better editor that the vanilla windows notepad, but I would get Notepad++ anyway. Or, if you also use linux and want to have the same program (so you don't have to remember different shortcuts etc), I would suggest Geany. I really like it. Also, notepad++ suffers from a memory issue when finding and replacing many strings and will take a long time to do so. The longest it took for me, turning ~100,000 "-" into "?" took 20 minutes. I work with large DNA alignments and "-" means a gap.

    OS X; textwrangler.

    Id

  • Gary_GygaxGary_Gygax Member Posts: 1
    Thank you, Isaya! Big, big help.

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.