Skip to content

Hexxat's third quest not triggering *Spoilers*

EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
So, I got the Black Leopard claw and have been waiting around for her contact to show up. I've been in and out of Athkatla a bunch of times and it is certainly more than a week since I did the quest. Are there specific areas of Athkatla I have to hang around in at night? If not, is there a way i can tweak the variables?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• althoralthor Member Posts: 67
    After doing another quest, I slept a handful of times, went back to Wakeem at night and there she was.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Thanks :) I decided to take the cheap way out and spawn her with the console ;)

"Ohhcabri" for anyone else having trouble making her show. =)
    jackjack
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    I am having the same issue. What is the full command to make her spawn?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited January 2014
    @laptopman666 C:CreateCreature("ohhcabri") :)

Can you shoot me your savegame? -- I'd like to take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on.
    Post edited by LiamEsler on
    laptopman666
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    ironically, the second i posted the issue, she appeared! must have been you showing up @LiamEsler your'e magic bro!
    Hahahaha, awesome. :)
    laptopman666
  • TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
    I actually had something similar happen in my game. I eventually ran into her and we did the 3rd quest with the unproven prophet.

That quest was done and finished and Hexxat is apparently free from her employer and this appeared in the general journal tab. The quest log however still has Hexxat's request in it and says "Hexxat wishes to return to Amn after getting the black leopard claw". No other quest or anything relating to Hexxat has appeared since then. Is that it or is it bugged?
    @TheGreatKhan Yeah, there should be a journal entry indicating her SoA quest is complete. Definitely a bug. There's more content in ToB :)
  • TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
    Is there a console code for updating the quest log? I really hope it doesn't stop me from getting her quest to activate in TOB.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No, but journal bugs don't affect quest progression. They're just annoying.
    laptopman666
  • sirwhsirwh Member Posts: 20

Thanks :) I decided to take the cheap way out and spawn her with the console ;)

"Ohhcabri" for anyone else having trouble making her show. =)

Do you know how to spawn Mereth, the girl in Neera's quest who needs me to return her hairband?
    (Or her mother, I am not sure whom should I return the hairband to. Anyway, they are all dead so I have to use the console.)
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2013
    Having the same problem. I missed to return the hairband before sending Daxus to the camp.
    So is there a way to spawn Mereth?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("OHNMERET")
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Thanks a lot! :-)
    Eudaemonium
  • mesmerizedishmesmerizedish Member Posts: 9
    I'm having this same issue, except Cabrina won't even talk to me if I use the console to spawn her.
  • BTpatBTpat Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2013
    Anyone knows the console code foe Hexxat? When i come to Tob and i go to heaven with Dorn, she dies and leaves the party after resurecting herself -.- dafuq
  • HoniahakaHoniahaka Member Posts: 4

I'm having this same issue, except Cabrina won't even talk to me if I use the console to spawn her.

Same thing's happened to me :/ not sure what to do. Checked OHH_Cabriana variable and it's set to 5. Is that what it's supposed to be at this stage of the questline?

• ninjasamninjasam Member Posts: 7
    If i remember well u can mannuelly trigger by consol
    CluaConsole:SetGlobal("ohh_cabrinatimer","Global",1) (or ohh_cabrina_timer i am not sure)
    It has to be execute outside and during the night, not in the graveyard district
    Eudaemonium
  • RaucherRaucher Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I have the same issue as it was mentioned in the first comment. Cabrina doesn't show up for the claw, even after weeks. But in my case I interrupted Hexxats's Quest. After the second tomb I went to spellhold and underdark where I changed Hexxat with Imoen (thought it was pointless to rescue Imoen only to let her go afterwards). In Chapter 6 I wanted to continue her quest and rechanged Imoen with Hexxat, but have now the problem first described. Did the partychange of Hexxat stopped/crashed her quest?

(tried to change timer, but it only leads to a quest loop)
    Post edited by Raucher on
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    I've had several weeks pass (Thief guild rewards 3 times), been in and out of the city repeatedly, and am about 6 gampelay hours from heading to spellhold, give or take and I still have the stupid claw and the contact won't spawn. I've gone to the trouble of adding the debug mode JUST for this bs, and spawned her in... she's mute and won't talk.

This broken quest crap is getting really annoying. I don't think the game ever had issues like this growing up... maybe it's just the rose colored glasses of the past, but everything is far buggier than it used to be.

Also, the attach file function (and drag and drop) won't allow the .sav file, only the images in the save folder... so that kinda sucks
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Ploughed_Jester Yeah its definitely the rose goggles. The original games were so incredibly buggy. As for the Hexxat quest, I've had success getting it to spawn more often in the Slums or Gate district. Do you use any mods? What OS are you on?
    Gallowglass
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Also, the attach file function (and drag and drop) won't allow the .sav file, only the images in the save folder... so that kinda sucks

To attach a save to a post here, you need to Zip the whole save together (i.e. the whole \save\nnnnnnnn-[savename] subfolder which contains the .sav and .gam and various .bmp), then attach the Zip archive. (Alternatively, Rar archiving also works.)
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

I've had several weeks pass (Thief guild rewards 3 times), been in and out of the city repeatedly, and am about 6 gampelay hours from heading to spellhold, give or take and I still have the stupid claw and the contact won't spawn.

Er ... this may be silly, but I'll mention it just in case ... you do know that Cabrina will spawn only when you go outside at night, right?

Other than that, it ought to have worked by now, but it does seem to glitch occasionally (for reasons unknown to me).