Skip to content

[Known, #7434] [CORE] - Can't save Palern Flynn if he's not there

SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I took Bodhi's "hero" quest to save Palern Flynn, cleared the first floor of the Shadow Thieves complex, and the second floor where Flynn and his captors should be is empty. Resting doesn't fix the problem, reloading saves doesn't fix the problem. I haven't left the game and gone back in yet- at work currently- but I don't imagine that will fix anything. Given that this is necessary to advance the main story, this appears to be a fairly serious bug.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Bump. Came home, tried again, same issue.
  • raphfooraphfoo Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I have the same issue and i don't have other saves so...

EDIT: Finally I decided to kill Gaelan Bayle and it started the second option of the quest. I did what i was supposed to do and i returned to Bodhi but nothing happen. Even my quest log says i should go see Bodhi but she doesn't want to talk with me.

EDIT2: Sorry for my mistakes english is not my native language.
    Post edited by raphfoo on
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    This was fixed with the following console command(s):

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("BodhiJob", "GLOBAL", 3)

If that alone doesn't work, also use:

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("PalernSpawn", "AR0328", 0)
    CrevsDaak
  • kl3mkl3m Member Posts: 32
    i've the same problem, can you explain how use the Cluaconsole with the enanced edition?
    sorry for the english i'm french^^
    thx
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    You'll need to find your baldur.ini file and add the following line:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

On a PC, the file should be in My Documents > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition.
  • XenZeusXenZeus Member Posts: 1
    Thank you very much for the help! Apparently, it is a common issue. A patch is pretty much in order, most definitely, since it is a storyline quest and all that...
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26481/second-quest-from-bodhi-can-t-finish-it

Moving the other thread to Not an Issue, but it's attached here.

@Gate70: It looks like we need a bug report on this in some way since, in the other thread, you identify that Bodhi in this case seems to be unresponsive. Let me know what you want to do with this and we'll get something posted up.
  • Ir0nCladIr0nClad Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am having the same problem here and unsure as too how I tackle it as I am playing on a Mac and not a windows computer, I can't seem to do as suggested with the baldurs.ini folder.
    untitled
    The save file for that particular character?
    Here is a save for the game.
    I think you forgot to attach the save :-)
    CrevsDaak
  • drumcoolerdrumcooler Member Posts: 239
    Firstly, sorryfor my bad english :D

I have the same problem so i went to the Shadow Thieves complex at the second floor so i write the code CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("PalernSpawn", "AR0328", 0) and enemies appeared

i killed evrey enemy but Palern Flynn wasn't there, for the quest i have to save him
  • drumcoolerdrumcooler Member Posts: 239
    edited January 2014
    I solved

u have to stay exactly in the room of Palern

Senza titolo 1

I saved palern and i went to bodhi.
    I talk with her two times, once for the mission of Palern and one for the mission of Aran Linvald that I have already done before.
    Now everything is solved. Every member of the party gained 50000exp and i can go to the asylum with bodhi's ship.

It's a pity that i cannot kill her, after this bug i hate her
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    oh, if I'd knew about this I'd rather go with Aran :( Going to see this well in my run.
  • Pur3x0wnrsPur3x0wnrs Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    can someone help me out i don't know what happen or what the issue is but i can finish this quest because he is not there i killed all the enemy's in the entire basement and the other floors but no Palern could someone take a look at my save and see if it could be fixed? (i tried all i could not even the console commend worked this is my first play though i was have so much fun until this y.y.)
  • Pur3x0wnrsPur3x0wnrs Member Posts: 2
    Gate you fixed it perfectly i wana thank you so much man your the best.
  • sergezbsergezb Member Posts: 2

Gate you fixed it perfectly i wana thank you so much man your the best.

• sergezbsergezb Member Posts: 2
    I'm having this same problem on an ipad. Any solutions?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Yes, either load an earlier save (needs to be within 24 hours of getting the quest) or increase the timer setting either in-game, via EE Keeper or zipping and attaching a save here if you aren't able to do the other 2.
  • oktaworysoktaworys Member Posts: 2
    same thing. I will pay extra for the patch that will fix it. :) bg find it's plays on my iPad so great.. now icewind dale..and add planescape torment...and I need nothing more on my tablet:)
  • untitleduntitled Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem on a Mac. What do I need to do if I don't have the ini file?

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
  • giftcardgiftcard Member Posts: 1
    So if I'm in this predicament on iPad version what if a thing can I do to bypass/fix the issue?