Skip to content

Summoned creatures become neutral instead of friendly

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
Current behavior:

Summoned creatures become neutral after the end of negative enemy spells

Right behavior:

Summoned creatures stay friendly after the end of negative enemy spells

How to reproduce:

1. Find an enemy mage who can cast Chaos

2. Cast any version of Summon Monsters

3. Wait till the enemy casts Chaos

4. Cast Dispel Magic on you Summoned Monsters

5. Find them being neutral (blue circles) instead of friendly (green circles)

With this bug you can't control you Summoned Creatures (including powerful Fire Elementals of druids) after you dispel negative enemy spell effects off them (in my case it was a Chaos spell). The only way to ovecome it is to dominate (charm) your neutral summon but you should not waste this spell on a buggish situation.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Have you noticed it? After the telepathic control is concluded, they never seem to turn green.

I've got the latest patch.I would appreciate If you guys could try it on your own games (it's the 5th and 6th level arcane spell) and tell me if this is an actual bug.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Which game?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I have experienced this as well, but since I have scs installed I guessed it was a bug caused by the mod or such. Other magey elementals seemed to work fine.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Green Air Elementals? Wouldn't that make them Fart Elementals?
    edited November 2014
    elminster said:

Which game?

BG2EE .

Green Air Elementals? Wouldn't that make them Fart Elementals?

Tum dum pish! I meant their selection circle (blue - neutral , green - ally , red - enemy)
    lunar said:

I have experienced this as well, but since I have scs installed I guessed it was a bug caused by the mod or such. Other magey elementals seemed to work fine.

Others work fine, but air elementals are my favorite type.
    Does anyone have original BG2 installed? That would be just a matter of extracting the original spell and creature files, and placing them on the BG2EE override folder.

edited November 2014
    Well, as far as I could check, there's nothing wrong with their script - it has the instructions that other elementals have , such as waiting three rounds.

It must be something that prevents air elementals from being charmed!

Also, I noticed that it doesn't work on both games - perhaps a side effect from a mod?
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I thought mod may be culprit, as well. Do you have scs installed? Also, why air elementals are your favourite, I always thought they were the weakest. Earth is tough and strong, and fire is immune to fire and does fire damage, what does air do? There was some whirlwind special ability they had but I am not sure if elemental summons use that ability, and even if they did, if it is really useful.
    Victory! It must have been some mod that overrid the original elemental files , so I just needed to erase it from the override folder and keep the original ones.

@lunar , air elementals might be , indeed, the weakest ones. However, I'm playing na illusionist , and it sounds more in character to conjure creatures out of the very air.

I intend to have Aerie in the group as well, and I think that it suits her to summon air or earth elementals, since she's a nature priestess.

DJKajuru said:

Victory! It must have been some mod that overrid the original elemental files , so I just needed to erase it from the override folder and keep the original ones.

@lunar , air elementals might be , indeed, the weakest ones. However, I'm playing na illusionist , and it sounds more in character to conjure creatures out of the very air.

I intend to have Aerie in the group as well, and I think that it suits her to summon air or earth elementals, since she's a nature priestess.

Oh cool, I will delete the override air elemental files as well. Even though I don't use air elementals much, it is good to have the option. And you can conjure a greater air elemental right out of Irenicus Dungeon thanks to that scroll in the plane of air.

Now if only there was a summon water elemental spell in bg. Why did the developers omit the spell, I will never know. I can't play a proper hydromancer without it. :p

Now if only there was a summon water elemental spell in bg. Why did the developers omit the spell, I will never know. I can't play a proper hydromancer without it. :p

I think it's because they only showed up in ToB. But since they do exist in the game, it shouldn't be so difficult for a modder create the spell!
  • AzaloomAzaloom Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2015
    I'm experiencing same sort of behavior with conjured things. As far as I can recall I have not yet been able to control anything else except basic Monster Summoning spell's monsters and summoned Skeleton Warriors. They always remain neutral blue after summon and seem to do nothing, unless they turn hostile after psychic contest.

I think my installed Stratagems version is 27. I'm trying to update to latest and see if that changes anything. What do you mean by saying "delete the override air elemental files"? Where can they be found? Instructions would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: I now have latest Stratagems v30 and no change to the problem.
    Post edited by Azaloom on