Skip to content

New Enhanced Edition DLC NPC (What class/kit?)

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Clara.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    I too am in the "Clara" camp, which means I want the next npc to be another pure thief, one that neutral and good parties can justify taking.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Akihiko said:

I too am in the "Clara" camp, which means I want the next npc to be another pure thief, one that neutral and good parties can justify taking.

I don't have any problem justifying Hexxat with any party, honestly, unless you're a hardline Paladin charname, I suppose. Even then, depends on the attitudes of said character.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    If there's a new NPC DLC, I'd like a new Kit along with it *^^* .. something like the Witch Kit (curses) (from "The Complete Wizard's Handbook") or the Deathslayer Kit (from "The Complete Book Of Necromancers").

Akihiko said:

I don't have any problem justifying Hexxat with any party, honestly, unless you're a hardline Paladin charname, I suppose. Even then, depends on the attitudes of said character.
    Well, okay, I can agree with that to an extent. I guess it is more of a personal preference, as whatever alignment I play, good, neutral or evil, I tend to follow one golden rule: You don't f*** with me and mine. So I suppose you could more say it's hard for *me* to justify it, more than a good or neutral. But let's not turn this into another Hexxat/Clara debate, yes? ;)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Halfling Barbarian. 'Nuff. Friggin'. Said.
    Quartz said:

Make him/her romance-able, and you're filling in a lot of gaps.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Quartz said:

This would be awesome.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Akihiko said:

Quartz said:

Make him/her romance-able, and you're filling in a lot of gaps.
    I honestly assume any NPC we get is going to be romance-able at this point. It's kind of obnoxious to be honest I'd prefer some friendship paths because maybe not EVERYONE wants in your pants, but whatevs.

Your point is well-taken though.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Friends! Let's help the devs with the new NPC.
    Please vote for the race of the new NPC here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25216/new-enhanced-edition-dlc-npc-2-what-race
    Thank you.
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    Barbarian.. there is no Barbarian in either. unless you count minsc?
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i voted for druid because there are only 2 and one of them cant wear any armour. i'd also like a melee fighter who excels at defence. or like a giant sponge who can just sit there against three guys and be happy while the rest of the party fight everything else.... and seeing as we have a thief, monk, blackguard, and neera it makes sense we get some sort of archer
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    nano said:

I want a fighter/thief. Halfling would be good. In fact rather than a new character I just want to be able to raise Monty and Xzar and take revenge on the Harpers.

I miss those two
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    you can take Xzar in the docks
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    shawne said:

The argument for Barbarian seems strongest to me simply because we've had variants on every class except that one - I mean, I'm not sure why you'd want a pure Paladin when Keldorn is around, but... yeah.

Something different than the usual. Like a Paladin of Mystra :D
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I want a sorcerer. I prefer them over mages any day.

That or Clara.
  • FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    Bards need some love. Another bardic character, perhaps female, to rival Haer'dalis. There's some awesome dialogue opportunities with a bard character, and it gives the devs a chance to really give bards some extra shine; give them some actual written music when they play their song (give Sam Hulick something more to do!) and flesh out a few more kits, or even the class itself. With some good writing the banter in the party could be great.

A female, elven, chaotic good bard but would perfect...
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2013
    Female Bard Skald!
  • LuciusDeiLuciusDei Member Posts: 31
    As above; female bard would be great. It doesn't need a kit, just a pure bard would be fine.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Barbarian for sure
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I like that barbarian idea; maybe you could free him/her from the copper coronet.
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2013
    Just curious,
    Why is entire front page suddenly filled with polls having to do with some DLC NPC? Have devs specificially stated that if new DLC is to be added it absolutely has to be another NPC? BG doesn't exactly sufffer a chronic lack of NPCs you know.

Rather, I'd love seeing series of smaller quests thrown in. Bundle of 4-8 loosely connected story driven quests with their focus on PC's heritage would make top of my wish list.

Completely rewritten ToB storyline would also make one awesome DLC!
    .....And yes I well realize latter is purely in category of day dreams.

I think game has 21 joinable NPCs now. If new DLC content - MUST - be about NPCs, I would love to see existing ones fleshed out a bit. Contract jungle allowing, adding a DLC that is similar in nature to NPC project or Banter Pack would be awesome. Few dozen interesting, well written conversations with interesting, meaningful decisions here and there. Half a dozen of quests to go with that. Yes please.

Post edited by Stradlin on
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    There are enough NPCs. Lets have a bigger party first.

I'd rather see some more content... My dream would be an official BGT-esque situation with some meaty content to connect the 3 games.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    So apparently I want a lawful neutral dwarf lady bard hahahahaha
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    I'd love to see a Half-Orc LE Druid, bonus points if also a Werewolf!!! Kit or Otherwise!
  • LaflammeLaflamme Member Posts: 54
    If it's going to be a halfling barbarian, let's just say a wizard did it and let him (or her) be one of these : http://dfds.wikia.com/wiki/Halflings
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Elf Archer with 18 str, 19 dex.

Assassin with 18 str, 18 dex.

Fed up with gimpy NPCs and not enough kitted NPCs.
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2013
    Halfling/Wererat Barbarian
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Bard or a cleric/thief gnome
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I voted barbarian, since we don't have one...
    but I kinda want another bard too (a Jester could make a possible HILARIOUS character personality-wise... want a Halfling jester)

A Sorc would be nice as well, or a fighter/mage, mage/thief or fighter/thief to make things interesting (someone like the Solaufein mod)