Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    GemHound said:

And that because you didn't saw me beating Demogorgon only with thief traps DUH!
    And the bad thing, I didn't took any screenshots, it was damn to cheesy!
    But, those girlies guarding Demogorgon weren't so tough after all the traps. It was an easy fight after all.image
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @crevsdaak look at #dem_buffs
    CoryNewb said:

dem buffs? Sounds cheesy, whats that? (I googled it but had nothing related to what I was expecting).
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    CrevsDaak said:

CoryNewb said:

dem buffs? Sounds cheesy, whats that? (I googled it but had nothing related to what I was expecting).
    I can't tell if you're being snarky or genuine; that's the trouble with textual language sometimes.

By "dem buffs" he means "those buffs" as in "those beneficial enhancements in the form of icons scattered across your characters' portraits."
    @LordRumfish dammit, it is trouble with textual comprehension by my side.
    And, to clarify, non of my characters was *really* "buffed" for that fight, those are all item given buffs, exept for those Stoneskins :D
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @CrevsDaak hmm maybe I should do a quick run through of watcher's keep and post my own version instead of stealing that picture. :p
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @CrevsDaak yes that was me being a dork. Your charname has some serious item buffs. Im still pretty early in bg2.

Thanks for clarifying my internet lingo @LordRumfish :)
    edited November 2013
    CoryNewb said:

@CrevsDaak yes that was me being a dork. Your charname has some serious item buffs. Im still pretty early in bg2.

Thanks for clarifying my internet lingo @LordRumfish :)

You can cover the entire portrait if you wish to, and if you use some specific items, you can do it with no spells.
    EDIT: I quoted @CoryNewb twice! :P
    No problem, English major to the rescue. =P

Once in a while I need a translator with this acronym phenomenon sweeping across the internet. Afaik = As far as I know, IIRC = If I remember correctly, etc. Sometimes I have to mentally stretch when I come across a new one, which seems at odds with the purpose of using an acronym (faster dispensation of knowledge). Is it really so difficult to write out the words? Perhaps those using the acronyms don't have a full keyboard to type with and it really is difficult for them.

But I digress.
    @meagloth D'aaaw, that takes me back to Redwall novels. =)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    meagloth said:

My next charname!

meagloth said:

My next charname!
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25090
    You're a Wombat? Or you're not?
    No, that's @Dee
    I'm a miniature giant space hamster ranger with favored enemy: beholder
    @Montresor_SP
    Every one of those was classic. every. single. one.

@Quartz To be fair, most people are a box of contradictions.

I say I am the Lord of Chaos, but I never met someone that is more organized than me.
    Also, I may be against Law, but I'm Justice's Eyes, besides being Chaos' Hands (I act in a *very* chaotic way, but I also think there must be some order), this is because, we have to seek Balance in all things (Zerthimon till the day I die, and after death too).
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    MS Paint skills off the charts, y'all.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    what hey heck is that thing?
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @sarevok57 Never would have known.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @Baxyratty @Gemhound
    It's my avatar, a picture of Kuurth, Breaker of Stone, who is the Marvel Comics character Juggernaut possessed by the spirit of a cursed Asgardian hammer.

I probably should have mentioned that those were tongue-in-cheek jokes celebrating me no longer being jailed after the fiasco of the last meme thread.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    You... you *killed* it...

This is not... this... is not-WAAUUUGHHHHH!